Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 25th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Savage Take 2! Maryland 11/7/15

SAVAGE TAKE 2

What: A Heroscape tournament, of course
When: November 7, start 1:00, start to wrap up @ 6:00
How much: $5
Format: "Take 2" ~ Players bring 2 pre-drafted 315 point Heroscape army, army size is limited to 14 figures. Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the players. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice. Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies. No separate hex limit; if your army is bigger than 24 hexes you must bring enough terrain (sand/grass/stone) to accommodate it. SoV and C3V permitted. No Marvel, no C3G.

Where: The Family Game Store in Savage, Maryland, located between Annapolis and Baltimore, right off I-95.

Check here for my house rules, which mostly govern things like proxies and odds and ends for customs, plus the general rules of thumb that supers are out and C3V/SoV is in.

Maps:

Attending:
  1. D_S
  2. KidScaper
  3. Gurei-Ornery
  4. Legos of Bleakewoode
  5. Kyle
  6. Micah
  7. Hivelord#4
  8. Ethan
  9. Bill
  10. kldonnelly
  11. Gary
  12. Overengineered
  13. Hosey
  14. Hose
Copied and pasted from a previous event:

Tagging some of the regulars so they can sign up: @akden , @Gurei-Ornery (already took the liberty), @kldonnelly , @Crichton (come on, buddy!), @Big Boa , @pieface! , @Sagrilarus , and some of our friends from further away, @Taeblewalker , @Scooter , @Johngee (both a regular and from further away), @Sherman Davies (you know you want to!), @Grishnakh (carpool with Sherman), and @chas and @kolakoski while I'm at it with the New Yorkers, and @OverEngineered , @Tiepilot1138 , @drewcula , @G1shark , @Robber (who wanted to make sure I keep inviting him), and all their many friends and acquaintances and all the people I'm sure I neglected because I forget things, even important things.

I'll also add @clancampbell , @Lamaclown , @Nobody , and @davidtheterp . I hope to see you all there!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 2nd, 2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old August 25th, 2015, 09:52 PM

davidtheterp is surprisingly tart
Re: Save the Savage Date! 11/7 Maryland

Your Damage=Victory Free For All play style is always a creative challenge. I can't guarantee my availability, but that's a style I've adopted from your tournaments and I have loved to play. Just a thought.
Old August 25th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes! I love the FFA format. I run it every year in the spring. I'll do something different this time.

= =
Old August 25th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

How about Chaos of Battle?
Old August 26th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Is that the one where you place your opponent's army?

= =
Old August 26th, 2015, 06:46 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We're in. Something with Cheese in the title perhaps?
Old August 26th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Mine, and by extension Xanth's, availability for that date will depend on several factors.

-If we still own Heroscape stuff to play with.
-My wife's work schedule. (One car family)
-Our vacation which may or may not happen that week. We shall see.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 26th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Well, you do have the trophy. And there are plenty of people who can loan Atlaga to Xanth, and whatever else you guys need.

= =
Old August 26th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
We're in. Something with Cheese in the title perhaps?
This gives me a radical idea.

Radical!

We'll see, I'll let it percolate. But I might know the format.

= =
Old August 27th, 2015, 02:18 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Put me on that "POSSIBLE MAYBE ATTENDEE LIST." 11/7 seems a LOOOONG way off, but I know that there are enough 7/11's along the route for me to make that journey again. Besides I'm fiend-ing to get some 'Scape in soooon.

A format that I've been thinking about for a long time and have never seen mentioned anywhere else is this: I call it "We're all UNIQUE," or "They're ALL Unique." Whereby every unit is allowed BUT ONLY ONE OF EACH is permitted in each army. This specifically refers to and limits the number of each Common Squad, Common Hero, and Uncommon Hero.

I love the idea of Squad-Scape and would like to use it for specific scenario's (i.e. Red Coats vs. Colonial Militias, etc.). But I do get tired of seeing the SAME multiple 4th Mass, 10th Reg., Marro Stinger, etc., armies show up all the time at tournaments when there are so many other awesome units (especially the C3V stuff) that need to be see some table time. I think that this concept would encourage more diversity in the army builds, force everyone to think outside their toy box, and even give a better chance of victory to those who don't own multiples of the A+ units.

My second choice suggestion would be: "HEROES ONLY," as the original name of this gaming system implies, which BTW is *NOT* my favorite format because it reminds me too much of Tag-Team World Wrestling Federation matches.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; August 27th, 2015 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Fixed it.
Old August 27th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thanks, Johngee! I hope you can make it. You are overdue for a return trip to the Old Line State.

= =
Old August 27th, 2015, 07:49 PM

kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker

You can count me in! No real suggestions on a format. I'm up for pretty much anything, I guess.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events