Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old June 21st, 2017, 11:20 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Lord Anrath, and his apprentice pelloth with
3 orcish archers
3 thugs- 1 Hobgoblin, 1 orc, and 1 lizard folk
1 thief- a small troll guy
1 infantryman-Orc
and 20 gold to spare.
I thought about making a captain, but want to hold off on more complex stuff for the time being.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 21st, 2017, 11:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That looks like it will be a lot of fun to play on @TREX !

I love the banners!

What did you use to make the stucco looking building with the wood trim? That's neat.

Lots of cool walkways, and lots of height.

Great use of Scape guys for your warband

Edit: We haven't made captains yet, though my daughter seems interested in it for sure at some point. I would wait as well, because they will be taking some of your gold that your wizard will be needing. So after your wizard is more established, then it might be a better time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 21st, 2017, 11:39 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

That is an awesome looking setup @TREX ! So when are you doing to break it in?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 21st, 2017, 11:50 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma , The stucco looking cottage building was made from the composite card board cut with my scroll saw. The wooden trim is made from the longer skinnier sticks that I think are coffee type stirrers. I sponge painted the building with tan, then khaki, then a parchment color. Then I took a wood burner to it for the cracks. I have loads and loads of miniatures but wanted to do a kind of evil little warband with drow, orcs, hobgoblins, and a greenscale and such. I also wanted to show what cool options you can use with scape stuff.
@keglo , I'm talking one of my brothers into checking it out soon.

EDIT: And, well Pelloth needed to actually get some action in some game, that's why he's here as my apprentice.

Old June 21st, 2017, 11:53 PM
"like" happy

The pics don't show some of the higher banners, but I freehanded on some that look like the eye of sauron emblem from LOTR.

Old June 22nd, 2017, 07:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Hahma , The stucco looking cottage building was made from the composite card board cut with my scroll saw. The wooden trim is made from the longer skinnier sticks that I think are coffee type stirrers. I sponge painted the building with tan, then khaki, then a parchment color. Then I took a wood burner to it for the cracks. I have loads and loads of miniatures but wanted to do a kind of evil little warband with drow, orcs, hobgoblins, and a greenscale and such. I also wanted to show what cool options you can use with scape stuff.
@keglo , I'm talking one of my brothers into checking it out soon.

EDIT: And, well Pelloth needed to actually get some action in some game, that's why he's here as my apprentice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The pics don't show some of the higher banners, but I freehanded on some that look like the eye of sauron emblem from LOTR.

Cool. Thanks!

Here's something I saw on the Frostgrave Facebook page this morning. The designer of the game is putting out a little 18 page magazine that will be purchasable on June 30th as a PDF.

Spellcaster: The Frostgrave Magazine

Also, here's a Snow Leopord that I painted yesterday. It's not the best model, pretty smooth and the face isn't symmetrical on both halves, but it will serve well enough if I roll for it on the random creature encounter table. It came with the Ice Toad, which I have primed and will work on maybe tonight.

Old June 22nd, 2017, 07:34 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice Snow Meow.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 08:23 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Nice job on the leopard @Hahma . Where is the best place to order Northstar miniatures?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 08:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice Snow Meow.
Thanks, I used the art from the packaging to go by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Nice job on the leopard @Hahma . Where is the best place to order Northstar miniatures?

4Ground games out of England has a lot. Though you need to register so they get your shipping address and the prices will be lower because we don't pay the VAT tax Europe does. Also change the currency at the top to dollars to make it easier to figure out what you'll pay.

They have a list of lines on the left, with Frostgrave near the bottom. When you click on that it brings over a list of the different releases based on base stuff or expansion stuff. It's kind of wonky to use on a smart phone but doable.

Their prices are the cheapest I've seen, though it takes a bit to get free shipping. The 2 figures blister packs were a little over $6 from them. Free shipping might be over 50£ or something like that, which might be $70, o don't know off hand. But between me and Chris, we had over $300, so free shipping was for sure.

http://www.4ground.co.uk/battles-in-the-frozen-city

I ordered the Snow Leopard and Ice Toad pack from ebay and it was $12 including shipping. Not cheap by any means, but it is what it is.

I had ordered the soldier's kit from Amazon for twenty something dollars. But it gives you 20 soldiers you can assemble how you want for your warband.

Old June 22nd, 2017, 08:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

@keglo

My buddy Chris mentioned an eBay seller that seemed to work well for him in the past.

Here's what he said in an instant message yesterday.

Quote:
There's a seller named dzur_2003 I believe that has a decent amount of frostgrave stuff. He does free shipping at $50, and sometimes an extra 10% off at $100.

Old June 22nd, 2017, 11:09 AM

Sweet! Thanks@Hahma!

Old June 24th, 2017, 01:58 PM
"like" happy

Hey guys, I finally got to dive in playing frostgrave yesterday. I had previously put my warband together the other day so I started by helping my brother figure out what kind of wizard he wanted and how to set up his spell list and what not. Also helped him put his warband together. He initially wanted to do a LOTR fellowship warband, but quickly changed it up to reflect a dwarven warband. After placing the treasure, and starting to play I quickly realized how my super high castles don't actually play as well in this game. They are some 18-20 inches high on the highest parts. It takes awhile to climb those. I may rethink how I distribute gold from here out as I put one of them on one of the tallest towers. @Hahma. Some questions came up as we played, and I had to reference the book quite often. I figure that we will get the game down a little better after a few sessions. I told my brother of one of your dwarves named "Ripped Smalls", and he liked it enough to adopt it as one of his dwarf guy names. First impressions of the game are that it is a deep game that has a lot of attention to detail. The details aren't in vain though because it was quite fun. One thing I couldn't see in the rulebook that I was curious about. XP or Gold. Do you get anything for killing creatures or enemy figures with your warband? I seen that you get xp for killing guys with your wizard, casting spells with wiz and apprentice, and for your warband taking treasure off the map but nothing about taking out enemy figures with your warband. Maybe I'm missing something. I would seem more reasonable to get points for just taking them out regardless. I know you get an edge on them if there is less of them, but was just curious about it. I think we figured the rest out ok so far.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures