Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 11th, 2010, 12:59 AM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Cheer Up Heroscapers!~NEWS FLASH!

Some people are immature.

Take your Trolling to a PM or shut up.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:03 AM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

Yes, I guess I should have wasted more space or refuting the reasons why WotC dumped HS. My bad.

I don't wish to beat a dead horse since I hate it when others do the same. I've said my piece and am content. I"ll let it drop and move to other things. My appologies to those who had to ride along on this and felt it wasted their time.

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:39 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm having deja vu:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19762

Old November 11th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
The fact is, there are very few people who neg rep a post simply because they disagree with the author's opinion. The vast majority only use neg rep when a post is pointless, offensive, or just plain wrong.
Being privileged enough to be able to read many of the neg rep comments, I can tell you that that is a mildly optimistic viewpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armydillo978 View Post
Just like I said it last time, and two of you neg'd me, but didn't have the guts to say who you where.
Please don't beat that dead horse. If you honestly don't understand why neg rep is best unsigned, come over to the rep thread and allow us to educate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armydillo978 View Post
So the admins don't want you to sign neg rep? Really? Thanks for giving me some. You guys are real tough being faceless. At least I'm willing to face up to what I say.
Apparently, you're willing to try to pick a fight with the entire forum when you can't find someone specific to fight with. And yet you wonder why neg rep is commonly unsigned?

Seriously, though, if this is going to devolve into yet more whining about neg rep, I'll just lock the thread. I think far more has been said than the tiny bit of speculative info in the podcast warranted anyway. I really do hope that someone has the ability to pick up the game from Hasbro, or at least license it from them. But at the point at which we're all yelling at each other over how little we know, I think we've reached the bottom of the barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:19 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Anyone who stopped purchasing believing that doing so would bring back the old stuff, yes, did in fact instead contribute to its demise.
I agree.
I disagree. I purchased just as much of the DnD stuff as I did every other wave. It still got cancelled.

To say that simply because someone didn't buy into a line they didn't like or believe in contributed to its demise is akin to saying that the Delorean wasn't a success because I didn't buy one....even though I had the cash, of course. The line failed because WotC put out a product that not enough people wanted to purchase. Perhaps the same thing would have happened had they released a classic wave instead of D3...we'll never know though. My only regret is those fools in charge decided to pull the plug rather than at least reprint a few more classic waves in the next year, so that we'd all have a chance to fill up. That would have cost relatively little. Thanks WotC!
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:44 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

Quote:
Reading threads like the one above reminds me of a time when I lurked this site and realized there was no way in Heck that I'd willfully join up because of the behaviour and reaction of 'old timers' to any member who posted something that 'offended' them. They came across as grumpy old bastards then...and for what it's worth, I hardly see anymore posts like those anymore.

Too bad it's after WotC pulled the plug...I'm sure that, like myself, comments like that scared off many a newb from joining up.

And about rep...just disable it. Block a few choice cranks and enjoy.

*Rant over. Man, I guess the End of Days is getting to me more than I would like to admit
Old November 11th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Anyone who stopped purchasing believing that doing so would bring back the old stuff, yes, did in fact instead contribute to its demise.
I agree.
I disagree. I purchased just as much of the DnD stuff as I did every other wave. It still got cancelled.

To say that simply because someone didn't buy into a line they didn't like or believe in contributed to its demise is akin to saying that the Delorean wasn't a success because I didn't buy one....even though I had the cash, of course. The line failed because WotC put out a product that not enough people wanted to purchase. Perhaps the same thing would have happened had they released a classic wave instead of D3...we'll never know though.
Thats not what Mad Wookie is saying. If you didn't like the D&D stuff, then its ok to not purchase it. However, if the only reason someone didn't purchase the D&D stuff was to try and convince WOTC to bring back classic, then their logic is flawed.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old November 11th, 2010, 10:19 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
The fact is, there are very few people who neg rep a post simply because they disagree with the author's opinion. The vast majority only use neg rep when a post is pointless, offensive, or just plain wrong.
Being privileged enough to be able to read many of the neg rep comments, I can tell you that that is a mildly optimistic viewpoint.
That's me, Mr. Mildly Optimistic.
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:43 AM

CleverName is surprisingly tart

Well, I have read through some of these posts, and I am sad to see HS drop off the market for the moment, but I to believe it is too good of a game for someone not to want to pick it up.

I hope that someone figures out a way to produce more. If so, I will most likely buy. I do not plan on stopping reading Heroscapers, playing with my son, or buying pieces as long as he is interested.

I was likely one of the problems, in that I got in after the transition to WotC. I was most interested in buying classic heroscape, and not in DnD, but that is because I already have hundreds of DnD minis and saw no reason to get more dupes. I love both games, but was not thrilled by the mix. Weird of me, I guess.

I also do not want to see this board degenerate. So, buck up folks. It's not over! I plan on playing this weekend, how about you? I will buy some 'scape this holiday season for my son and I. Things aren't great, but it does not suck for most of us. (Well, I do feel bad for folks selling the new stuff...)

My .02c.
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
I was likely one of the problems, in that I got in after the transition to WotC.
Hey, we found the guy who killed Heroscape. Get him!!

Quote:
I was most interested in buying classic heroscape, and not in DnD, but that is because I already have hundreds of DnD minis and saw no reason to get more dupes. I love both games, but was not thrilled by the mix. Weird of me, I guess.
Not weird at all. Many were not thrilled by the mix.

Quote:
I also do not want to see this board degenerate. So, buck up folks. It's not over! I plan on playing this weekend, how about you?
I don't think this board is going anywhere anytime soon. At least it better not. I paid good money to become a lifetime site supporter so I expect to be browsing these pages when I'm 97 years old!

Enjoy your games this weekend!
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:54 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I also do not want to see this board degenerate. So, buck up folks. It's not over! I plan on playing this weekend, how about you? I will buy some 'scape this holiday season for my son and I. Things aren't great, but it does not suck for most of us. (Well, I do feel bad for folks selling the new stuff...)

My .02c.
I haven't played in far too long. Still looking forward to D3 next week and trying out the bugbear army at our casual game day on Nov 20. We have at least three events planned between now and the end of the year in our area, so there's plenty of 'scape to be had in the near future. Game on!
Old November 12th, 2010, 06:46 PM

utgar8 has disabled reputation

Been playing since ROTV. I love this game and am very sorry to see it go.

The armies of Utgar will never fall!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News