Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 29th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Some custom competitive libraries (spell decks)

Just a few ideas of how I'd be tempted to make competitive libraries (spell decks) for each color given the 12 card requirement and 200 point limit. I am also adding a restriction of no more than 4 of a card in the deck based on MtG standards.

BLUE
Unsummon x4 40
Mind Control x4 40
Misdirection x3 75
Talent of the Telepath x1 45
12/200

Mind Control is free attacks with an opponent's juiced up figures against the opponent. Especially fun against White where anything but even swords and shields in an attack on Gideon means someone's getting hurt. Unsummon is freakishly powerful in destroying enchantments, clearing paths and forcing the opponent to take a turn with their Planeswalker just to get back to a similar board state. Misdirection grabs your favorite goodies and a single Talent of the Telepath allows you to use that one awesome card you were craving.

BLACK
Corrupt x4 40
Bone Splinters x4 40
Rise of the Dark Realms x4 100
12/180

Corrupt/Snuff Out is an amazing combo for killing opposing squaddies and recovering health. Corrupt is also a great way to kill off your own last Restless Zombie to get a shot at recovering the whole squad. Bone Splinters is another great way to do that AND kill an opposing squaddie. Rise just means lots and lots of Blighted Reavers.

RED
Chandra's Outrage x4 20
Circle of Flame x4 20
Pyroclasm x4 40
12/80

Yeah, it's a budget deck, but it inflicts lots of unblockable wounds on FIGURES. I'd want to try it at least once.

GREEN
Groundswell x4 40
Titanic Growth x2 20
Bountiful Harvest x4 60
Primeval Light x2 70
12/190

Let Nissa go nuts with Groundswell and Bountiful Harvest. Having an effective 19 Life and getting four long-ranged attacks of 6 over the course of a game should be enough. Primeval Light is a reset button and Titanic Growth fills out the deck.

WHITE (I didn't like any of the autocolor options)
Healing Salve x4 40
Near-Death Experience x4 40
Blessing x2 60
Divine Favor x2 50
12/190

Buff and heal. Make the squads more durable and less vulnerable to being Snuffed. Makes Gideon even more of a tank.

...so...

Just some early ideas I'm fooling around with.

~Aldin, all decked out and no place to go

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 3rd, 2015, 12:35 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Some custom competitive libraries (spell decks)

I might as well post it here. Obviously people can do whatever they want when it comes to army building, but the WotC guy I spoke to at Gencon said that they are making an FAQ and when it comes to deckbuilding, you will only be allowed 1 copy of any given card.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 01:30 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Probably a good idea. With the way Enchantments are so important, 4x Unsummon is ridiculous for 40 points, and 4xCorrupt/4xBone Splinters is probably broken, too. If I want to play with just the existing cards it looks like it's gonna have to be dual-color custom decks.

~Aldin, wishing there were more in the base set

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 3rd, 2015, 01:45 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd like to see some deck ideas disregarding color restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 4th, 2015, 05:32 PM

designer is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'd like to see some deck ideas disregarding color restrictions.
I'm too!

Obviously "4x" is too much
Yu-gi-oh is using 3x for 40xdeck. MTG use 4x for 60x deck,

so AofP should use ~1x for 12x deck (or ~2x for 25x deck)

But it would be cool to allow up to 2 copies of any spell card in a any color. But half of the deck have to match the Planesealekr color.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Competitive Armies Discussion