Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 31st, 2006, 03:50 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
I like V2. Special Attack suggests something that he can do on his turn. Although a SA would work, the Defender ability is the better choice. There won't be any confusion if he can use it when a fig doesn't get attacked. Also, with the new abilities out, there shouldn't be any confusion about how many dice to roll.

BTW, great custom.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old August 31st, 2006, 07:38 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I just noticed:

If these guys are 120 points, with no ranged ability and a good Hold ability, they need to have higher defense to warrant tying up 120 points per 3 figure squad.

They just don;t seem as strong as other squads that are expensive.
Do you agree?
If so, either their defense should be bumped up to at LEAST 6, or they should be decreased in cost.

Also - on Iron Fist - do you think it would be cool to add a Iron Fist marker on the card to use to mark whether the power has been used?
I always like thematic markers for cards, since printing them out costs the same as printing out the blank space they take up....
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:59 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
I just noticed:

If these guys are 120 points, with no ranged ability and a good Hold ability, they need to have higher defense to warrant tying up 120 points per 3 figure squad.

They just don;t seem as strong as other squads that are expensive.
Do you agree?
If so, either their defense should be bumped up to at LEAST 6, or they should be decreased in cost.

Also - on Iron Fist - do you think it would be cool to add a Iron Fist marker on the card to use to mark whether the power has been used?
I always like thematic markers for cards, since printing them out costs the same as printing out the blank space they take up....
Costing is my weakest area. I've only used the Migoi in 2 games and they did alright, but it would take many more games to tell. I tend to over-cost on purpose... I'd love their defense to be 6, but I'll need more testing...

The reason that I didn't put a marker on Iron Fist is that since that is a once a game super attack I figured that you'd remember that you used it. However, the Grenades on the AE is a one shot and it gets a marker...

Thanks for the ideas. I'll probably make a marker when I get the time. I worked 17 hours Friday and worked today (SAT), too (but not like those hours...)

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old September 16th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Master Custom Creator

9/15/06
Wolverine
The figure is the Free Comicbook Day Heroclix give away figure. If you didn't get one last May, ask around and I'm sure many comic shops have some left.

Old September 16th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Great Wolverine, Doc!

I like the simple approach and how his abilities kind of work against each other.

The more I look at my Heroclix, the more I can't wait for Legends. I'm predicting that the rules will be close enough to classic HS that cards like yours won't even need any tweeking.
Old September 16th, 2006, 04:38 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Cool card Doc! I like the way you've done the healing ability.
Old September 16th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Cool take on Wolverine, Doc. I like the balance-choice between the Heal ability and his Special Attack. Do I heal 1 wound, or do I add +3 to his attack? I love choices. Do you think, maybe, he should have a Shaolin Assault ability for his regular attacks? Or perhaps double attack? I think you could work it in without his points having to come up much, if at all.

As a side note, I don;t know if I've ever said this or not, but I really like how smooth your cards look. They always look really vibrant and clear. I don't know what you make them in, but they always look nice.

smallboxgames.com
Old September 16th, 2006, 11:54 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
I like this figure as is (and probably should stay that way ), but like JJ, I can't resist buffing him up a little to make him more potent vs. squads. But bonding with the knights and macdirks may take care of that.

Abilities like "Snikkt!!!" that make the figure stronger as it gets weaker are some of my favorite mechanics. Balancing that with his healing ability makes for a solid figure.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old September 16th, 2006, 05:37 PM

brigade101 has disabled reputation
Really digging the Artic Migoi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 17th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn
Cool take on Wolverine, Doc. I like the balance-choice between the Heal ability and his Special Attack. Do I heal 1 wound, or do I add +3 to his attack? I love choices. Do you think, maybe, he should have a Shaolin Assault ability for his regular attacks? Or perhaps double attack? I think you could work it in without his points having to come up much, if at all.

As a side note, I don;t know if I've ever said this or not, but I really like how smooth your cards look. They always look really vibrant and clear. I don't know what you make them in, but they always look nice.
Thanks, JJ. I really wanted to keep this Wolverine simple. Yeah, he could have double attack, but then Snikkt wouldn't be as cool. Same with Shaolin Assault.

The onscreen (and printed for that matter) clarity is due to advice from primarily 2 scapers - Truth and Cupidsart.

When I first started making cards I noticed that Truth's just looked better than mine. We were both using photoshop and the same card templates. I asked him and he said to work big. My photoshop files have the cards at 18 inches across. I work big. I also used Cupidart's brilliant advice to use smart blur on the card templates. After blowing them up huge, this really smooths them out. I also used the cloning tool to really clean up the cards and to put all the corners back on them.

When I'm happy with a card in Photoshop I save it and then resize the image to 9 inches and save it as a Jpeg file. I use photobucket to get the jpg on the net

When I print the cards, I print right out of Photoshop using the photoshop file (not the jpg) and size the image to the size of the official cards. I used a ruler to figure out the size...

Wolverine was a fast creation. I had the idea of the 2 powers in the afternoon and then finished off the card in less than an hour.

What do y'all think of Wolvie's point cost??????

Old September 17th, 2006, 09:45 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
What do y'all think of Wolvie's point cost??????
I think he's fine at 100, don't have to worry about being undercosted - but 90, or even 80, I think would be a more fair price. I may be undervaluing heroes compared to squads though 6 attack at melee range is mildly powerful, ability to heal one wound per round may keep him around a little longer, above average movement - all lead to pricing at 100 when compared to other heroes, but to justify his cost compared to what squads can do, I think knocking 10-20 points off wouldn't be unbalancing (see Concan at 80.)

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old September 18th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Master Custom Creator

I don't want to lower wolverine's cost, I'd rather make him tougher.

Dare I make Snikkt attack 7 and his life 6?

Or should I just do the attack higher?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards