Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 12th, 2009, 02:43 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post

Living Labrynth
That's another I'm mildly interested in playing.
Decent, huh?

For a game that basically requires you to move 2 spaces to win you will be amazed at how hard it actually is to do.

After playing it you will see that this is definielty a game that you can play with a bunch of adults only and it will get pretty cutthroat.
Old February 12th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Snow Tails.

Jim
I want that game. Really badly.
I'd even settle for your copy.
Sorry, I've already settled for my copy.

It has a really neat mechanic to determine the sled speed and lane-changing. Kind of confusing at first, but still neat. And I like it!

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:06 PM

Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby!

I dusted off my original copy of Heroquest the other night. My girlfriends boys and I already ran through most of the campaign book included. I forgot how great this game is. I was thinking of tracking down a few of the expansion packs for it until I saw the prices on Ebay.
Old February 12th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Battlestar be E-mail is interesting. More later...

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 12th, 2009, 06:17 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaphaos View Post
I dusted off my original copy of Heroquest the other night. My girlfriends boys and I already ran through most of the campaign book included. I forgot how great this game is. I was thinking of tracking down a few of the expansion packs for it until I saw the prices on Ebay.
Yeah, thats a great game. You'll do better to create some customs and play with them before you go on eBay and pay the outlandish prices though.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 12th, 2009, 06:20 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Currently, Cosmic Encounter is getting much love. Fantastic, fantastic game - I can't say enough about this one. I also just picked up Formula D and Lord of the Rings: Confrontation, which we're really enjoying.

Sitting on my shelf waiting to be played are the new Starcraft and Tide of Iron expansions - but they're both a bit beyond my kids at this point, so they have to wait for game days with my buddies.
Old February 12th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I broke out the classic RISK the other night. Lots of fun. Settlers of Catan is another staple round the house as well.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old February 12th, 2009, 06:54 PM

Elites are #1 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My family and I love star wars edition of Monopoly. It's very old though, to get it you would need ebay.

"Were it so easy"- The Arbiter
Old February 12th, 2009, 07:42 PM

Heroic Monkey is surprisingly tart

Race for the Galaxy is the most-played game in my house. It gets played at least a few times per week.

I played Hive and YINSH with my little brother today. I had to keep reminding him not to tell me his future moves (he's very young).

I'm trying to convince my friends to come over and play Cosmic Encounter with me. Until then, it is sitting in my closet and crying. Poor thing.
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:46 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Mainly Agricola, but we have been playing several:
1. Agricola
2. Alhambra
3. Saint Petersburg
4. Kingsburg
Would like to get some HS in the top 5

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:52 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Recent favorites include:

Carcassone - a classic tile laying game and my most recent purchase.

Settlers of Catan - most of my friends think that game=Monopoly, but Settlers really caught on big. It ususally comes out at every get together (including Super Bowl Sunday)

Rumis - a building game with oddly-shaped pieces. I think this is exactly the same as Blokus 3D that is now in stores.

Blokus - longtime favorite that I finally got for Christmas.

Oodles - a trivia game where you have to quickly answer a series of questions who's answers all begin with the same letter. Quick and fun.

Scene It Disney Channel - one game that my kids consistently beat me at (badly)

Guilloutine - a card game, not a board game, but its worth mentioning. It's quick, fun, and simple enough for my kids to play.
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Tiger View Post
Scene It Disney Channel - one game that my kids consistently beat me at (badly)

Guilloutine - a card game, not a board game, but its worth mentioning. It's quick, fun, and simple enough for my kids to play.
You're a better man than me. I would never buy Scene It Disney Channel, let alone be in the same room when they play it.

Guillotine is one that I need to get. I've played it and love it. We would probably play that one almost as much as Sorry! Sliders. I love the sense of humor in that game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games