Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old April 4th, 2008, 01:14 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Yes you can.

DBCB put it best, "Do what the card says, not what it doesn't say." (To quote nether, actually.)

Welcome to the site.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:01 PM

bmattj1 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Captain America

this is my first post and its only fitting it goes to the cap. By far my favorite marvel and one of my favorite characters in all of heroscape. We play 900 point games at my house ranging from 2-6 people and my base team of the cap, raelin ROTV, sonlen, KMA, and the deathreavers. Usually prevail despite my mom picking a Thanos and Hulk lead team. I feel my team usually wins due to the cap raelin and sonlen versatility i mean if used right they all help and benefit from each other.
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:43 AM

tchop is surprisingly tart

I'm gonna say, in my opinion, captain america is the most powerful character in all of scape for his points. Compare him to charos: is ten points equal to an awesome range attack, better stats and tactician? My word. Given charos has flying, it still seems a little off (I take that back, alot off). He is utterly wicked and could easily go toe to toe against any heroscape character with ease. It's actually quite ridiculous.

Pound for pound, point for point, whatever- he has the title.
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:43 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Maybe you're right, tchop. My only problem with Cap is that he needs road tiles more than any figure in the Marvel set. But then again its how you use him.

Cap's Tactician is awesome if he's placed properly in the battle field.

For me though; pound for pound, point for point, whatever--goes to Dr. Doom. I'm not even a fan of Doom but I always try not to draft him because I always draft him (even if we don't swipe attack Mind Exchanged figures, he still kicks ass).

--------------------------------
In appreciation for Captain America:
I played about 2 games where my Doom and my ally's Thanos were situated in the lowest level of the map. We didn't even bother getting elevations because Cap has our back. I tried to Mind Exchange Cap (no turn marker in his card) to move him so that the next turns we can move for elevation while keeping adjacency to Cap (I guess I did bother getting elevations for about 2 rounds), but I failed in rolling 17+. But nevertheless we won the games by just being sitting ducks for about 2-3 rounds and putting our faith in Cap.

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; August 7th, 2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old September 30th, 2008, 03:19 PM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

There is no way Captain America should have a more powerful attack than Dr.Doom. Ridiculous, and it makes me not really like his marvelscape character, because it's out of character. The Captain is overpowered from an attack/defense standpoint but perhaps underpowered from a leadership/tactical standpoint. I would have liked to have seen him get some kind of initiative roll bonus. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are no characters in all of heroscape with powers that affect initiative rolls.

CORVUS
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:43 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Captain America and an ability that affects initiative rolls instead of the current Tactician ability? Wow! No more tactics for that one, everyone knows who's likely to go first.

But seriously dude, the Tactician ability is very Captain America as much as scape permits it.

Actually an ability that affects initiative is a cool ability. Which I'm sure has already been used in some of the custom cards here. But I don't think it's very Cap Am. But who am I to say?

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; September 30th, 2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old October 1st, 2008, 08:08 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
If you try to take out a Counterstriker with 6 defense and height advantage with normal melee attacks, you get what you have coming to you. Cap should've been shot down from range or hit by special attacks.
That's the only way to kill Cap: he was killed by a sniper in the comics.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old October 1st, 2008, 09:30 PM

Yesterday, I Mind Exchanged my opponent's Iron Man and moved the figure lower to her Cap Am who was standing on Object Of Power (+1 Attack +1 Defense).

I rolled 3 skulls for Iron Man, she rolled 5 shields. I rolled 2 skulls for the double attack. She rolled so many shields for Cap Am that we didn't even bother counting. Iron Man has been can opened to death.

Old December 9th, 2008, 11:33 AM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

My friend used Captain America to attack the 4th Mass. Line. Somehow he didn't kill any of them with his shield throw. They must have kept his
shield because then my other friend used the Patriots as a firing squad to
execute Mr. Patriot. I guess they figured he was a traitor because he
attacked them. I commented to my friends as to the thematic absurdity of this but they would have none of it.

CORVUS
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:14 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

I have a question, and I think it goes in the cap amaica section, bu here goes...
If you mind controll your opponents piece with Dr. doom and then move it next to thier piece to attack them, do they get the bonus from cap am?

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old December 10th, 2008, 09:08 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

No, because during that turn, the mind controlled figure is not considered "friendly" to Captain America.
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM

jodokast is surprisingly tart

I would say yes, provided Cap is on the same team as Doom. But I could be wrong.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's