Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old August 28th, 2015, 11:51 PM

General J is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape Tabletop simulator mod

I mistakenly titled my thread "The Tabletop Simulator Mod needs YOUR help."

This kind of implies that my TTS mod was the Heroscape mod. It isn't. This guy's is. He's put a lot of work into it and it's really ****ing awesome.

The mod I made is more focused on HD Unit card images and sometimes possibly extra figure models that aren't yet in this mod, but my mod would not exist if not the one posted here. It is pretty much the bones for all things Heroscape on Tabletop Simulator.
Old August 29th, 2015, 11:41 AM

Re: The Tabletop Simulator Mod needs YOUR help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
@General J ,
Did you delete the old UV map after you baked it?

Before you did Smart UV mapping, did you A) make sure the entire model was selected in Edit mode, and B) make sure that you selected the new texture you created in the UV map mode?

The steps can get a little confusing, but I've tested them and they work. It just takes a little time in the beginning to understand where everything is located.
How do you delete the "old" UV map? I thought after the Smart Unwrap that's just the UV map now, like there wasn't multiples maps?
Old August 29th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General J View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
@General J ,
Did you delete the old UV map after you baked it?

Before you did Smart UV mapping, did you A) make sure the entire model was selected in Edit mode, and B) make sure that you selected the new texture you created in the UV map mode?

The steps can get a little confusing, but I've tested them and they work. It just takes a little time in the beginning to understand where everything is located.
How do you delete the "old" UV map? I thought after the Smart Unwrap that's just the UV map now, like there wasn't multiples maps?
I missed this the first time also. From the tutorial, Step 5:
"Go to the "Object data" menu, where we created a new UV Map. Select the old UV Map and delete it."

Delete UVMap
Keep UVMap.001
Old August 29th, 2015, 02:07 PM

Oh okay it's working perfectly now!

Yeah it's just tricky making sure that the correct things are selected and doing it exactly in the right order. Thanks!
Old August 31st, 2015, 05:49 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by General J View Post
Oh okay it's working perfectly now!

Yeah it's just tricky making sure that the correct things are selected and doing it exactly in the right order. Thanks!
Yes, that's exactly why I did this tutorial. As you probably did, I searched a lot on the internet without finding a complete answer and finally came to find the solution I give in the tutorial after a LOT of trials and errors.
Once you figure how Blender works, it all make sense, and the order in which to do things becomes clear, that's the hardest part

For the UV Map, there is two things : The selected UV Map is the one you are working on so the one changes to the textures are maped to.
There is also a small camera icon, that only one UV Map can have. This icons indicate which UVMap is used to render the model, and from that, is the source used when "baking" the new texture.
So when you bake the texture, it use the UV Map with the little camera and associated textures to write on the currently selected texture with the currently selected UV Map.

So, in the step 5 of the tutorial, deleting the old UV Map is not a necessity, you could just make the new UV Map have the little camera, it will work the same. Deleting the old UV Map is just a convenient way to do it, as the new UV Map being the only one after this deletion, it will de facto becomes the UV Map used to render.

Even knowing all that, I still forget to select the right thing at the right moment a lot of the time and mess the baking XD
Old January 28th, 2016, 04:09 PM

Weirdowithbeardo is surprisingly tart
Smile Re: The Heroscape Tabletop Simulator Mod needs YOUR help.

Hey I've been lurking around this site for a while and have been working along with Dissonance and Tyler on the mods for Heroscape, My most recent venture Is that I have been cleaning up the Wave 5.5 Figures. I have them all complete and ported into my personal save in table top but cant help but feel disheartended that the Hexscape project seems to be missing Sir Gilbert and I was mainly wanting to ask if the scan would be getting posted if at all? so that I can contribute the set to the mod and wherever else it may end up in regards to this project.
Old January 30th, 2016, 05:36 PM

Dissonance is surprisingly tart
Re: The Heroscape Tabletop Simulator Mod needs YOUR help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdowithbeardo View Post
Hey I've been lurking around this site for a while and have been working along with Dissonance and Tyler on the mods for Heroscape, My most recent venture Is that I have been cleaning up the Wave 5.5 Figures. I have them all complete and ported into my personal save in table top but cant help but feel disheartended that the Hexscape project seems to be missing Sir Gilbert and I was mainly wanting to ask if the scan would be getting posted if at all? so that I can contribute the set to the mod and wherever else it may end up in regards to this project.
Check the mod dev comments for links

I believe the problem with Flagbearers is Hatomoto Taro. HexScapers correct me if I'm wrong?
Old January 31st, 2016, 05:43 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I believe the problem with Flagbearers is Hatomoto Taro. HexScapers correct me if I'm wrong?
That's correct.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old January 31st, 2016, 11:55 PM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker

This is fantastic work guys. Don't give up!

"FE's Battle Reports!"
"FE's TradeList!"

Good purchases from: Ztimster, Just_a_Bill, Teasedbyeldgrim, Queen of Jandar, Tmac2200, anuctoo
Old February 1st, 2016, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the reply can I know the exact issue with Hato as I currently have him finished as an added model I just didn't get round to baking the texture which I will have done tomorrow and hopefully that will solve the issue for you guys I've tested the obj in tabletop and it seems fine so far
Old February 2nd, 2016, 06:59 AM

Talking Re: The Heroscape Tabletop Simulator Mod needs YOUR help.

Got Hatamoto added to the mod (can provide links) Not sure if you guys like the quality but I'm not a master when it comes to 3d modelling.
Heres a pic with him next to the others, as I said before I'm only missing Sir Gilbert.

Old February 2nd, 2016, 04:18 PM

Dissonance is surprisingly tart

Sir Gilbert

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software