Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 31st, 2012, 08:57 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Super Hero City AKA Japes's Custom Crap

I couldn't find an introductions thread in here but after being welcomed by several nice people around here I thought I would introduce myself and show off all the things I have learned and gotten from this site...

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Always nice to see a new face around C3G!
I had never heard of Heroscape or Heroclix before until recently. My son is 4 and he had been using his Marvel Squinkes as playing pieces for candyland and shutes and ladders so we wanted to create a game for superheros...while researching I discovered there was already an excelent game out there with this wonderful community adding to it constantly.

It's a lot of fun teaching (and in a lot of cases learning myself) my son about the characters. Thanks to all the C3G group.

Since I have arived so late in the game for Heroscape and Heroclix it would be some time before I would be able to afford a mass of tiles and characters so for now we will stick with Squinkies and paper/foam scape...

For those that don't know these are Squinkies...mostly Marvel but recently DC versions were released.(The Star Wars ones are called Battle Pods not Squinkies. Taken with my phone so some are not as clear as they could be.

Spoiler Alert!

Next step was to print cards. Mostly we used the rectangle versions created by Mathguy (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=34039)

Spoiler Alert!

EDIT 2013-01-08: Added Special cards with my son as Batman, Robin and Weapon S
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...8&postcount=26

I had to create a few that weren't included but not many.

I also created some simplifed versions based off of Super Hero Squad Show and printed on buisiness cards for easy handling by a 4 year old.

Spoiler Alert!

and I made rectangle TMNT ones from some customs that I found on this site.

Spoiler Alert!

Since we don't have any TMNT miniatures I made Paper ones and used document clips as a base. Notice the homemade Battle Dice.

Spoiler Alert!

Now on to the City...

Spoiler Alert!

The base is made from the Pink Foam. I glued Black Construction Paper on one for the asphalt base and tried painting it with Krylon ShortCuts for the other. I liked the Paint one better but the can didn't put enough coats on the foam to hide the label and it cost too much to use like this so I will try plain house paint to seal the other side and then paint with brown and green for our other "map"

The brick building is modified from a cardstock building template from a website by a guy named TOMMYGUNN. Excelent free stuff. I had to modify it to work with Foam board and still be able to next them for storage. I enlarged the "A" mod by .5" and decreased the "C" mod by .5"

The brick building is modular and can be (3) 2 story building or (1) 6 story building or any combination. The HVAC RTU can be thrown.

Most of the Misc. pieces (Crates, Mailbox, Soda Machines and such) were created using Cav's Paper Terrain. Some with Cardstock some with foam core some with Pink Foam filling. Trying to make it more kid friendly.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=10761

The Shipping Containers as well as the method used for the building foamcore overlaps I got from A3n...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37563

I also used Photoshop to create a few 3 tile long versions for variety. I also created several color options and printed on 3 different printers to give different variations. The full sized version that A3n released already come in multiple colors by selecting different layers in the PDF...they also have a old weathered look as well as some graffiti.

I used this clear spray on all the cards before cutting as an added protection. The red capped one is the one I used for the Dice and the Brown is the type used to paint the pink foam.

Spoiler Alert!

I used Larger Paper clips to create sign post for the card stock signs.
Spoiler Alert!

I used the info from ITF by Grishnakh's to create rectangle cards for the terrain.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1947

It was easy making cards for additional items using his guide lines and my son loves Hulk tossing things around and Magneto moving dumpsters.

Bonus...I built my son a arcade last year...here is the most recent photo. It's scaled down 70% from a real arcade machine.
Spoiler Alert!

Complete with headphone jack for when my wife has had enough.

Of course she holds all the records for Q-bert so I know she's enjoying it too.

My son has beat TMNT and the Avengers game about a hundred times now.

EDIT: The base has yet to be inscribed completely with the Hex pattern. You may notice some indentations in the photos. I use a dull pencil to slightly imprint the lines. I created a template using a piece of Plexi I had laying around from scraps from arcade. I used a cheap hot knife with punch attachment to put holes in the corners of Hexes and then transfer that to the base. I then use my dull pencil (important that it is rounded not sharp) to connect the dots using a straight edge.

I hope someone gets something usefull out of this as I have spent a lot of time reading and searching to learn all this. Thanks to everyone.

Last edited by japes; June 15th, 2016 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Changed to Photobucket
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Super Hero City

Those buildings are awesome!! Man, I really need to make myself some ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2012, 02:04 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Your ingenuity and creativity is an inspiration! Keep up the good work!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great job, that is one fun looking map for sure! Nice that you included links to all the places you used or was inspiration for you. Nice clear pic's of your work is awesome as well.

Welcome to the site!

C3G team building links.
Old September 5th, 2012, 04:20 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks everyone for the kind words. The links being included was planned so hopefully At least one person can benefit without having to search the world.

It been a lot of fun both the builds and the game. The best part is the flexibility. We played recently with only a ton of shipping containers in a parking lot with no buildings. Sometimes we set it up like a maze.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 5th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I used the info from ITF by Grishnakh's to create rectangle cards for the terrain.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1947

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzY...0dDbXBXODlONE0

It was easy making cards for additional items using his guide lines and my son loves Hulk tossing things around and Magneto moving dumpsters.
Great looking custom City Scape!

And thanks for the plug!

Honestly, it is a blast throwing stuff around in a game. Really brings the board to life. And I'm glad to hear that someone finally took my guidelines and created their own Interactive Terrain Features. That was a big part of my tutorial. I have no idea what objects people will create or find in the toy isle of Target. Since I don't produce and sell objects it only made sense to provide a framework and let people such as your self come up with the stats for the object. I'd love to see the stats for the new, additional objects you are using!

And it is cool have Magneto tossing cars!
Old September 6th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very awesome. High praise.
Love those buildings.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 6th, 2012, 04:07 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Wow, a 100% handcrafted 'Scape! I love it! Those squinkies look funny and I'd love to play with them.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:43 AM
A Man of Taste

The Squinkies are great for occupying a 4 year old in a restaurant. You can fit a ton of them in your pocket and have a full scale battle on the table.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 9th, 2012, 01:53 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
And thanks for the plug

. I have no idea what objects people will create or find in the toy isle of Target. Since I don't produce and sell objects it only made sense to provide a framework and let people such as your self come up with the stats for the object. I'd love to see the stats for the new, additional objects you are using!
Using your oil drum as a basis but exchanging explosive fot the c3g toxic waste barrel's chemical burn.

Soda machine was created as a medium object in your system (-1 move, 1 movement pick up cost, -1 to figure defense) with a defense of 3...special we call soda can explosion...essentially the space were Maxine is destroyed cost an extra move space b/c of soda cans.

Arcade-medium with defense of 3

5 space (40') shipping container-huge (-3 move, 3 pickup cost, -3 figure defense) object defense 8. Gave it "unsure footing" from parked18 wheeler.

3 space container-large object (-2, 2, -2) defense 6. Unsure footing.

Dumpster- large, defense 5

HVAC RTU (roof top unit) - medium, defense 2

Large wooden crates- large defense 3. For this depending on game/scenario we use the "trash or treasure" or "treasure chest" power variations brought up in the original shipping container thread.

Small wooden crates - medium defense 2

Currently working on "wall chunks" as well as other stuff.

I hope I understood the mechanics of you system well enough.

Ps I hope no one associated with any of the original stuff I borrowed from is offended.

Old October 1st, 2012, 10:13 PM
Girl (Super)Power!

Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby!

Our 5 year old would love the Superhero Squad ones. They are just too cute!

Great work on all of it!

Old October 1st, 2012, 10:19 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Amazing DIY 'Scape. Are you an engineer by any chance?

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations