Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 19th, 2016, 02:42 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
@ K-ski;

Wow, sounds like a fun scenario. My initial thought was that you were going to recreate the castle in the first picture using HeroScape and was going to suggest you use Lego's, but you've obviously got everything under control as usual. I particularly like you idea for ladders, using them as "lifts" and will have to borrow that concept for my own house rules (if I ever get to play HS at my house, ha ha ; - ). I've always found traversing elevation changes on HS terrain (except for falling) to be very tedious. Several time I created stairs up to the top of 12-height walls using a single ladder section to connect every two tiles, thus making it a 6-step movement from bottom to top, but it just didn't "feel" right, and it certainly did *NOT* look anything like the ramp that I intended to emulate.

Certain features of that castle could find their way onto the castle portion of the Map as a sort of homage, but Legos . . . ? 'Scaping is serious business - and Legos are . . . toys! Never will any Legos product find its way to my table.

As to the Lifts, I imagine them running along side their respective Ladders such that a unit going up or down on the Lift could bypass (move through) any unit on that Lift's respective Ladder. [Going back to write this into the scenario . . .] Here we go:

Lifts.
The Lifts actually run along side their respective Ladders, in that a unit entering any Ladder step may move to any other Ladder step, at no cost in Movement points, and may utilize a Lift at any point (beginning, middle, and/or end) during its movement. A unit going up or down on the Lift can also bypass (move through) any unit on that Lift's respective Ladder (as though there were Phantom Walk for all units on Lifts).

Last edited by kolakoski; January 19th, 2016 at 03:01 PM.
Old January 19th, 2016, 06:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The trick when building for Heroscape games in general (not just for the art of it, which some do also), is to keep the height fairly low. High height looks cool, but tends to ruin games!
Old January 19th, 2016, 06:59 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The trick when building for Heroscape games in general (not just for the art of it, which some do also), is to keep the height fairly low. High height looks cool, but tends to ruin games!
Agreed, in general. However, the Lifts, and the protection I'm going to build in for them, will mitigate perched units' long range life. That being said, a straight kill 'em all on a symetrical map should play OK. By all means, play height-advantaged units (flyers) and archers, if you're afraid . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; January 20th, 2016 at 11:55 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion