Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 11th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spite's Customs - Bloo! 10/11

Awesome! Well, mostly...

1) Since Bloo has a height of two, he wouldn't be adjacent to terrain 2 levels above his height.

2) What exactly qualifies as "normal terrain"?

3) Did you want Shadow Being to be used for mobility? Because Bloo's height of 2 could present serious movement problems on most maps...

4) I don't this guy could earn his points back as a distraction or in combat unless you were playing a Yari/Harqebus army. Though, if you were playing on a castle map, he could get up on top pretty easily with Shadow Being.

I don't have any Goblins, but Bloo looks pretty fun to play.

Old October 11th, 2011, 07:18 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Awesome! Well, mostly...

1) Since Bloo has a height of two, he wouldn't be adjacent to terrain 2 levels above his height.

3) Did you want Shadow Being to be used for mobility? Because Bloo's height of 2 could present serious movement problems on most maps...

4) I don't this guy could earn his points back as a distraction or in combat unless you were playing a Yari/Harqebus army. Though, if you were playing on a castle map, he could get up on top pretty easily with Shadow Being.

1) Hm. You know what I mean though, right? Adjacent to a height increase of 4. Tucked in a corner. Little guy.
2) "Normal" meaning no inherent special characteristics. Grass, Rocks, and Sand. Although I kind of have a problem with it not working on snow, so I may have to change that. Is there a more official term for terrain with no special properties? "Regular"?
3)Yes. That's exactly what it's for. He's a spooky little phantom-goblin. (Who might die when he BAMFs)
4) I'm not sure, but as you said, gaining height should be easy. Also, when he comes back, he's fully loaded on lives, so that should give him a little longevity. Of course, 1 in 5 times, he might not come back...

As I said, he's a trial version. Haven't tested him yet.

Thanks for the input.

~Spite
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:46 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Awesome! Well, mostly...

1) Hm. You know what I mean though, right? Adjacent to a height increase of 4. Tucked in a corner. Little guy.
2) "Normal" meaning no inherent special characteristics. Grass, Rocks, and Sand. Although I kind of have a problem with it not working on snow, so I may have to change that. Is there a more official term for terrain with no special properties? "Regular"?
3)Yes. That's exactly what it's for. He's a spooky little phantom-goblin. (Who might die when he BAMFs)
4) I'm not sure, but as you said, gaining height should be easy. Also, when he comes back, he's fully loaded on lives, so that should give him a little longevity. Of course, 1 in 5 times, he might not come back...

As I said, he's a trial version. Haven't tested him yet.

Thanks for the input.

~Spite
1) Oops! I wasn't reading the card right. For some reason I was thinking 2 levels above his base. I guess that would be the right wording.

2) Why should you restrict the terrain type anyway? I don't really see how it makes any sense, given that he's way below it.

3) "BAMFs?"

On Shadow Being, I think it should be:
"If you roll a 5 or higher, place Bloo on any empty space within 3 spaces of any Goblin figure you control, and remove all wound markers on Bloo's Army card."
I think that's a little more official, though it could be argued otherwise.

One last thing. I'm a stickler for using "20-sided die" instead of "d20", and it's not like you need the space on the card...

Edit: I just noticed something. I wouldn't do this, but someone looking to be nasty could roll for Shadow Being the round after Bloo was destroyed with Shadow Being. I don't see anything to prevent this.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; October 11th, 2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old October 12th, 2011, 08:00 PM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
1) Oops! I wasn't reading the card right. For some reason I was thinking 2 levels above his base. I guess that would be the right wording.

2) Why should you restrict the terrain type anyway? I don't really see how it makes any sense, given that he's way below it.

3) "BAMFs?"
1) Two levels above his head. Four levels above his base.
2) I don't know. I just wanted to keep it simple. If he's next to a wall he gets a defense boost. I guess it's not as simple as I wanted.
3) . . . BAMFs. Like Nightcrawler. First here. Then there. BAMF!
Quote:
On Shadow Being, I think it should be:
"If you roll a 5 or higher, place Bloo on any empty space within 3 spaces of any Goblin figure you control, and remove all wound markers on Bloo's Army card."
I think that's a little more official, though it could be argued otherwise.
Perhapsibly . . .
Quote:
One last thing. I'm a stickler for using "20-sided die" instead of "d20", and it's not like you need the space on the card...
You're right, but No.
Quote:
Edit: I just noticed something. I wouldn't do this, but someone looking to be nasty could roll for Shadow Being the round after Bloo was destroyed with Shadow Being. I don't see anything to prevent this.
Wait . . . what?

Oh, I see what you mean. "Removed" is not the same as "destroyed," though. If he is destroyed by SB, he should no longer be on the card. You think I need to clarify that?

By the way, AU, I really appreciate you helping me edit.

~Spite

Last edited by spiteofthedice; October 12th, 2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old October 12th, 2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
You're right, but No.

Quote:
Oh, I see what you mean. "Removed" is not the same as "destroyed," though. If he is destroyed by SB, he should no longer be on the card. You think I need to clarify that?
About that. I know everyone says that, but can you point me to where the heck that ruling is? 'Cause the rulebook says to place the destroyed figure on the card.

Regarding Shadow Being, nothing in the power says you cannot roll for it if Bloo is off his card or destroyed. I would play it right, but someone trying to be slick could probably argue that he could still roll. In fact, it almost looks like you have to roll the d20 at the start of every round after the first time Bloo is removed, whether he is on the board or not.

Quote:
By the way, AU, I really appreciate you helping me edit.
Thanks! I love making customs, but all of the 2 people I play with don't like playtesting them, so I never actually get to use my customs.

Old October 12th, 2011, 10:12 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Bloo looks fun, spite.

I only have a moment so I will give just this bit of input...
Quote:
Mika Connour's Blend Into Shadow power uses the phrase "land space". That would, however, include snow and molten lava. I don't know if that is more than what you want.
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I love making customs, but all of the 2 people I play with don't like playtesting them, so I never actually get to use my customs.
That sucks, man. I'm lucky I have a friend has as much fun crafting the new figures as I do. At least you have us to run ideas by.

That said, here's the updated Bloo:

Shadow Being got longer, but I think I fixed the issues. I also took Lama's advice on the "land spaces." I'm happy to include the snow and I still probably won't use him on lava tiles, so its a great compromise. I reworded it so it's clearer how it actually works.

Better?
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
That said, here's the updated Bloo:

Shadow Being got longer, but I think I fixed the issues. I also took Lama's advice on the "land spaces." I'm happy to include the snow and I still probably won't use him on lava tiles, so its a great compromise. I reworded it so it's clearer how it actually works.

Better?
Nice. I can't find anything wrong with that, except maybe the cost, but you would have to playtest him to figure that out.

Old October 14th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow! I had not seen your customs before but you have one heck of a collection ! Great stuff !

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards