Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old March 25th, 2020, 10:59 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Online HS How-to-play and Question Dump

That is where it is!! I remember it was in someones sig! Thanks, Kevin!!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old June 5th, 2020, 06:15 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Would it be possible for someone to add another folder in the Map section of the google drive labeled Multiplayer Maps and have a few more multiplayer maps added in? I would do it but have no idea how it is done. If there is anything I can do to help the process please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help
Old June 5th, 2020, 06:28 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I would be glad to make a folder for those maps. If you have specific map requests, I can put those at the top of my list. My only caution for you is that I don't currently have access to my work computer that makes nice looking maps, so anything I make over the summer won't be ideal, even if it is workable.
Old June 5th, 2020, 07:00 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks that would be great. I'll PM you some maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I would be glad to make a folder for those maps. If you have specific map requests, I can put those at the top of my list. My only caution for you is that I don't currently have access to my work computer that makes nice looking maps, so anything I make over the summer won't be ideal, even if it is workable.
Old November 23rd, 2020, 07:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

After some discussion on the discord (thanks @Captain Stupendous for finding the right way to implement it), we are adding a new feature to Online 'Scape.

We are planning to make the alt text of every figure a text version of that figure's card. To access it, just select the figure* and hit Ctrl+Alt+Y (or Cmd+Opt+Y on a Mac). You will need to copy the figure from the document into a game to view the alt text.

*If the figure is made up of multiple images, you'll have to double-click first to select a specific image rather than the image group.

Currently this feature is available on all Offical Ullar and Vydar figures, but we should be able to get it completed for all figures in the near-ish future.

If you'd like to help roll this out (and it's pretty easy), send a PM to me (superfrog) with your email address. Thanks!

Last edited by Dysole; November 24th, 2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old October 24th, 2021, 11:46 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Online HS S44

Season 44 is now live!

Signups will now last for the next two weeks. Submit your best Delta armies.

~Dysole, pulling a Present Mic impersonation
Old August 19th, 2022, 09:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Has anyone ever looked into using Google Slides as the map tool instead of Google Drawings? It would make games playable from mobile (there's a Slides app that works fine on a phone or tablet) and would allow people to potentially play asynchronously from their phones (I don't know if OMs are persisted across browser reloads though...)

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 27th, 2022, 04:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Has anyone ever looked into using Google Slides as the map tool instead of Google Drawings? It would make games playable from mobile (there's a Slides app that works fine on a phone or tablet) and would allow people to potentially play asynchronously from their phones (I don't know if OMs are persisted across browser reloads though...)
So, I looked into it. It works!

Here's a Google Slides doc with a map and figures. If you have the Google Slides app on your phone or tablet you should be able to open it up and move figures around (you'll probably have to zoom in to select the actual figures instead of resizing them). You can do multi-selection by doing a long-press until the UI changes, then you can tap on additional figures.

To set up this map, I put just the map (no glyphs or other map toppers) on its own slide along with the map-relevant text (about the placement of the glyphs on water). I centered the map, placed the text, and then downloaded that slide as a .png. Then I created a new slide and set that image as the background for the new slide. This way you can't move the map around by accident (this is also useful for non-mobile players, by the way). With the map in place I put the WOUNDS box and some figures on the board.

My next test was to see if you could use the Heroscape browser app from mobile. The answer is: you can! I recommend using Chrome (Firefox seems to lose your OMs if you have to close the tab/app and come back later). You'll want to save the game name somewhere in case you find yourself needing to log back in. Displaying the map inside the "app" does not work, but you can just run the app in a separate window if you're doing this from a computer instead of your phone (if you're using your phone you'll be using the Slides app for the map).

I'm eager to play an asynchronous game (a few turns a day) with someone to really put it through its paces. I play Hero Realms, Star Realms, Epic, and Shards of Infinity by taking one turn a day and really enjoy it--I'd love to play Heroscape instead (or in addition).

--

If it works well enough it could be fun to run a long-running tournament this way.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 11th, 2023, 03:01 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is there a possibility the OP could be updated to reflect the new software tool on Heroscape.org that auto-generates links? Tried it for the first time this morning and it's thirty steps up from doing it the "old" way. It used to take me about 10 minutes to find the map, change the settings, get the game name, get the figures, get the string, get the app running, etc. While this information is still good to know, for most people this is now outdated, even though they might not know about the Heroscape.org tool. Alternatively, maybe a new thread could be stickied in the forum? Something titled "The 1-minute setup guide for OHS" that has new instructions for going to the site, clicking on the link generation tool, and selecting figures. I personally didn't know about this tool until today, and I thought I'd been keeping up with the software developments pretty well. I think it would be nice to have that part of the resource added into the forum.
Old February 11th, 2023, 04:04 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
Is there a possibility the OP could be updated to reflect the new software tool on Heroscape.org that auto-generates links? Tried it for the first time this morning and it's thirty steps up from doing it the "old" way. It used to take me about 10 minutes to find the map, change the settings, get the game name, get the figures, get the string, get the app running, etc. While this information is still good to know, for most people this is now outdated, even though they might not know about the Heroscape.org tool. Alternatively, maybe a new thread could be stickied in the forum? Something titled "The 1-minute setup guide for OHS" that has new instructions for going to the site, clicking on the link generation tool, and selecting figures. I personally didn't know about this tool until today, and I thought I'd been keeping up with the software developments pretty well. I think it would be nice to have that part of the resource added into the forum.
Old February 11th, 2023, 04:19 PM
This is merely a joke.

I hesitate to do that because that relies on @Chris Perkins ’ Google Drive storage.

Do check my signature for a partially-automated way to set up a game.
Old February 14th, 2023, 07:37 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I hesitate to do that because that relies on @Chris Perkins ’ Google Drive storage.

Do check my signature for a partially-automated way to set up a game.
I appreciate your concern with regards to my Drive storage; I'm a little concerned myself tbh, but so far I haven't had any problems with it.

I'm seeing 3-6 games made by users per day right now using .org, which is a lot of files but not an un-manageable number. I do intend to delete old links once they're a few months old if/when the folder I have those files stored in starts taking up an unreasonable amount of my Drive space, fyi.

I have no issue with you adding the .org link to the OHS generation page if you want / think it's helpful, just with a note that your games will eventually get deleted if you use it (I don't imagine ever needing to delete files until they're at least a month old). But entirely up to you.

Just chiming in since I was tagged.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events