Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old October 13th, 2011, 06:56 PM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart
Writers Against Plagiarism

I wanted to bring this matter to people's attention, seeing as we have quite a few writers here in the Heroscape community. Usually, I'm pretty up-to-date in all (or rather most) literary scams out there because I am trying to get published...I for one do not want to get duped. Nevertheless, this particular scam, despite being around for a year, was just brought to my attention through SFWA, and it is my intention to forward the information on to others who may not have the time to do the research themselves. This particular scam involves plagiarism--big time! What's more is that unknown writers are targeted, even more so than known authors. So: a word of warning to all...

The full story is here.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:22 AM

jwadeharrell is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Writers Against Plagiarism

Thanks for the heads up....I will try to keep a watchful eye for I have my own material to protect.

http://jwadeharrell.wordpress.com/about/
Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:47 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Boyer's a dirtbag, but he's so low-level that no one bothers with suing him. That's why this movement to get him prosecuted through the attorney general's office of his home state is so important. Here's a blog that keeps tabs on him:

http://b-thoughtful2.blogspot.com/
Old November 3rd, 2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Boyer's a dirtbag, but he's so low-level that no one bothers with suing him. That's why this movement to get him prosecuted through the attorney general's office of his home state is so important. Here's a blog that keeps tabs on him:

http://b-thoughtful2.blogspot.com/
Did he try to scam you?
Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:45 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No, I just happen to know about the situation.
Old December 9th, 2011, 03:41 PM

New news on this front: apparently Boyer has plaigerized Stephen King now, as well. I Googled for news on this, and this came up (December 7).

He's in trouble now...

http://shocklinesforum.yuku.com/topi...1#.TuJzuWDlBvk

Last edited by Billtrumpet25; December 9th, 2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:19 PM

It's wierd -- Boyer has gone nearly 3 months without drawing attention to himself. Though from what I hear, that's soon to change. More info to come.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 02:34 AM
has been BANNED

Lucasser is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thnx Bill for provide such insightful knowledge into the matter I am myself a blogger and didn't even a gave a thought that such a thing could happen.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucasser View Post
Thnx Bill for provide such insightful knowledge into the matter I am myself a blogger and didn't even a gave a thought that such a thing could happen.
What do you blog about?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it can really hurt a writer. I think you're pretty safe with a blog, but always err on the side of caution.

What do you blog about?
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:21 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtrumpet25 View Post
Quote:
It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it can really hurt a writer. I think you're pretty safe with a blog, but always err on the side of caution.

What do you blog about?
Apparently Lucasser has been ban. I assume he had created multiple accounts. Correct?
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtrumpet25 View Post
Quote:

What do you blog about?
Apparently Lucasser has been ban. I assume he had created multiple accounts. Correct?
You know what happens when you assume; you make an assu out of me. I still have no idea what that means.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books