Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old September 9th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Would Negotiation work? You're right, Manipulation is a bit juiced, but Negotiation's fine.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 9th, 2019, 12:24 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’d say he’s less a minor character and more of a forgotten character. He has well over a 100 issues of basically being the lead character under his belt, and within his own story he’s a pretty powerful dude. If Green Lanterns are space cops, L.E.G.I.O.N. is like the space Pinkertons. Not quite on the same level but not a group to be screwed around with.

I’m more just thinking along the lines of individual power level. He’s a lot like a Lex Luthor (businessman version) or a Doctor Who, where he’s basically just a regular dude, but he’s such a super-genius that he’s always got the upper hand. But like Lex and the Doctor, I don’t think that qualifies him to be a >200 point character in our superhero skirmish game.

I like Manipulation for two reasons;
A) The name. Giving him Negotiation is like giving it to Lex. Not technically wrong, but he’s really much more known for manipulating than traditional fair play negotiation.
B) Interplay with Strategic Intervention. I liked how the 2 powers worked together. Being able to use Manipulation to remove an OM and intentionally flub an attack, then using SI to bring in Lobo for a big hit seems like a really cool dynamic. It would also give him a niche different from Havok, which is important to me if we’re re-using one of Alex’s marquee powers.

I think it might just be best to ditch Manipulation and replace it with something that echoes some of the other Brainiacs a bit. Maybe something similar to his dad’s Telepathic Manipulation. Idk, I’ll think on it for a minute.
Old September 9th, 2019, 12:32 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Fwiw, I fully plan on full-blown Injustice League Supervillain leader Lex hovering around 200. It's what a character can contribute rather than necessarily how strong their individual powers are that points should be based on, and if this guy's a big deal and a leader within his sphere, then hovering around 200 with that powerset you've got seems pretty good to me, and I absolutely agree with what you're saying about the interplay with Strategic Intervention. It is only once per round, anyway - with a hefty enough price tag, it should work.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 9th, 2019, 01:41 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Business suit Lex and Legion of Doom supervillain Lex are almost different characters though. I suppose it also feels slightly off because Brainiac 5, who is smarter, is at 130. I do think Vril Dox/B2 has more clout than B5 in-universe (leader of a massive organization vs. member of a superhero team) but having B2 be 70 points more than his more intelligent descendant feels a little off.

That said, how about these powers as alternate suggestions?
Quote:
STRATEGIC MANIPULATION
After revealing an Order Marker on an Army Card you control, you may immediately choose a figure on that Army Card, and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 7 or higher, you may inflict a wound on a figure adjacent to the chosen figure. After using Strategic Manipulation, if the chosen figure is not Vril Dox, inflict a wound on the chosen figure.
Theme; Vril is a manipulative dude who isn’t afraid to hurt his allies to get the job done. It’s obviously a play on Brainiac’s Telepathic Manipulation and would play well with Lobo and his healing factor.
Quote:
10TH LEVEL INTELLECT
When you roll the 20-sided die for any Army Card you control that does not share a Species with any other Army Card you control, you may add or subtract 1 from the roll.
Theme; L.E.G.I.O.N. is a pretty motley crew of different aliens, very GOTG-esque. Would pair well with Lobo’s D20 roll.
Old September 9th, 2019, 05:40 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Manipulation and Negotiation are really powerful abilities, but adding more copies of them isn’t necessarily super dangerous anymore. Ship kinda already sailed there since we have at least three of them already, so you can already just eat a dude’s whole round if you’re lucky (though that is a lot harder to do than it sounds).

Big thing to watch out for is stacking them in a faction, especially one that can give double turns to two Negotiators, I think. So like, definitely no more Mutants with Negotiation.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 9th, 2019, 08:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

With multiple figures.with such powers, one has a better chance to execute those powers especially against a foe that spreads out their OMs. Man to man defense if you will.
Which may not be the case but was my worry.
Old September 9th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Just A Head

I think that's a valid point. If I was able to draft 6 different Negotiation/Manipulation figures I could theoretically tie up most if not all an opponent's figures with my OM removers, then use an OM manager to activate whichever one I wanted to use to strip the opponent of OMs. I'm probably getting limited returns with each OM remover I draft, but it could be a strategy that works. We currently have 3 Negotiation/Manipulation figures, so I could see how we should be careful adding more.
Old September 16th, 2019, 11:19 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

NAME = TERROR
SECRET IDENTITY = SHRECK

SPECIES = UNDEAD?/MUTATE?
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = CURSED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = ???

SPARE PARTS

When a figure adjacent to Terror, that is not Tiny or Huge nor a DO, Android or Construct is destroyed, you may remove a wound marker from this card and place the figure on this card. No more than five figures may be placed on this card. Before taking a turn with Terror you may choose a figure on this card, during this turn, Terror may use the Move, Range and Attack values, as well as any special powers on the chosen figure's card.

DECAY
At the end of each round, choose an opponent. The chosen player must either place a wound marker on this card or remove a figure from this card. Terror is not affected by Decay if there are no figures on this card and there are exactly 6 wound markers on this card.

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Terror receives two or more wounds from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to two of those wounds.

Bio:
Centuries ago on Earth-88194 (Also known as Shadowline) the man who was to become Terror Inc. was a brave knight during the middle-ages. He had a wife he loved and was respected by his people, but also feared. However, during one of his crusades, Terror Inc. killed a gruesome demon. By slaying this demon, he was cursed. He soon found out his flesh began to rot, and his wife and loved ones became terrified of him. He left his family to wonder the earth. It was at this time that he found out that he could assimilate body-parts into to his own body if the need arose. He would therefore tear off body-parts of enemies or deceased persons.
More recently, Terror was enlisted to become part of a group of mercenaries formed and lead by the Merc with a mouth known as Deadpool. As such, he has soon became close allies with Deadpool and other team members such as Stingray, Solo, Slapstick and Foolkiller.

Terror Inc. has the ability to replace body parts with parts or organs taken from others, a process which he must continuously do since he is constantly decaying. Any body part he assimilates will immediately start to decay. He also gains memories and eventual skills or super-powers from any bodypart he assimilates. It is not necessary that the body parts he assimilates be human, he could add wings or a tail to his body if he wanted. Terror has even replaced his head with another persons to gain their knowledge and memories. The spikes on his cheeks are part of the curse of the demon he slayed. If removed they will grow back. The current (MAX) version of Terror doesn't have these spikes.

Since his body is dead he does not require to eat, sleep or breathe and doesn't feel pain. He can continue to function even if he is reduced to a skeletal state, or to just his head. He can even survive without a body at all. In his MAX series he was dismembered and dunked in acid but survived as a black ooze that was able to inhabit other bodies.

Additionally, since being alive several centuries Terror has acquired all sorts of skills and is an excellent marksman and detective, and proficient with most conventional weapons.

Last edited by Tornado; September 16th, 2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old September 16th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Just A Head

Cool, I love Shrek!

This could be a cool place to experiment with a "never truly dead" mechanic. Maybe something in the same vein as Doomsday, but a bit more experimental?

the line in parentheses in Decay seems a little janky, but I can get the theme.
Old September 16th, 2019, 01:50 PM

I was not sure if the previous line was enough or if it needed to be spelled out.
Old September 16th, 2019, 01:55 PM
Just A Head

I'd say it needs to be spelled out. Otherwise, it sounds like he can receive enough wounds to be destroyed, but somehow not be.
Old September 16th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Hard as ice

That guy looks bloody awesome. I hope you do him sooner rather than later.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy