Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old February 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!
Winter Olympics - Vancouver BC

Hey all.

So the Olympics start tomorrow in my city, and today the Olympic Torch relay went right by the front of my building.

Just thought I would share some pictures of the event...pretty cool to see it in person.

Spoiler Alert!

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:20 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Winter Olympics - Vancouver BC

NICE! Thanks for the pics...

Hockey? What the heck is hockey?

-insert signature here-
Old February 11th, 2010, 10:52 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

That's where guys stand around an abandoned ice fishing hole and "hock" lougeys into it until the winning team gets it to freeze over first.

Seriously though, great pics! Thanks for sharing.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:28 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

It's a sport that is way better than baseball and basketball combined.
No, I'm not talking about Baseketball.
You're probably right Therrian. If the U.S.A. doesn't win gold then I would rather see Canada take it.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am incredibly indifferent towards Olympics, even hockey.

That pictures of your son with his own torch is pretty adorable though. Well done.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Very cool. I was in Utah in 2002. We didn't go to any of the events, but it was still very cool to experience the whole Olympic experience.
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:12 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

I stopped being interested in Olympics when the Soviet Union collapsed. The hole Capitalism/Communism battle was at least interesting. (Sorry China, you don't quite fill the same shoes).

Plus, with the globalization of the world, so many events (especially in the summer Olympics) are just rehashes of the NCAA Championships.

My fiance was watching men's gymanstics one day last year and the Canadian, Mexican and Israeli national champions were all competing for Penn State!

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I think you are watching the wrong sports. A huge portion of the Olympic sports aren't represented by NCAA sponsored competition, or they are poorly represented (I'm looking at you volleyball).

I think I need to find my old post with my definitions of what is and isn't a sport.
EDIT: Here it is if you are interested:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Agent Minivann; February 12th, 2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:55 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Sad news about the Georgian Luger....the video is disturbing.

RIP
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I haven't watched the video, nor will I, but it is very sad. Would definitely put a damper on the opening ceremonies.
Old February 13th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What teams are you guys rooting for (besides USA, of course)? I'm undecided because a lot of countries I like seem to be pretty good. Finland, Switzerland, Germany, Austria...
Old February 13th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Battle Reporter

I always like to see the greater underdog counties get medals. I find it means much more to them, as they tend to be unexpected.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media