Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your favorite filler unit?
Isamu - 10 pts 42 59.15%
Marcu Esenwein - 20 pts 9 12.68%
Dumutef Guard - 25 pts 3 4.23%
Swog Rider - 25 pts 1 1.41%
Eldgrim, The Viking Champion - 30 pts 3 4.23%
Guilty McCreech - 30 pts 12 16.90%
Kyntela Gwyn - 20 pts 1 1.41%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation
Eldgrim all the way. Maybe I just love Vikings. His movement bonus is great on MOST units, and with height he is a pain to deal with. I once played a game with him; he had height and I had the +1 Attack Glyph. 4 attack x2 from a little Viking..... was awesome. Just awesome.

Unfortunetly I don't remember what I rolled, hehe.

Darkclown

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old August 26th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky007
Dumutef, but Isamu is a very close second. Dumutef has the potential to have 5 attack and defence.
Don't forget glyphs! And height! Oh man.... Dumutef 7/7 Attack/Defence is unstoppable.

4 Base
1 Glyph
1 Road
1 Height

Bayum!

Darkclown

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old June 16th, 2017, 07:10 AM

Dragon_Yutha is surprisingly tart
Re: Best Filler Units (30 pt or less)

depending on the rest of your team.
Isamu - 10 pts
good alrounder best agains jandar opponent. not against major X17 or gladiatrons

Marcu Esenwein - 20 pts
best on small battle fields 1 turn use to hold glyphs. (less change on enternal hatred)

Dumutef Guard - 25 pts
only when there is road and werewolves.

Swog Rider - 25 pts
Orc team

Eldgrim, The Viking Champion - 30 pts
human champion team. unique army team.
good for upgrade slowed uniques.

Guilty McCreech - 30 pts
The only one with ranged attack. on height a less powerfuller version of syvaris.
if the outlaws (cowboys) get a bonding then this one will be my number 1

Kyntela Gwyn - 20 pts
Elf team.
Old June 16th, 2017, 12:57 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

10 years between posts... that's some serious necromancy.

Isamu and Marcu are good end game figures. Guilty is a good clean up figure and Eldgrim can be used quite strategically. Swog rider, Dumutef and Kyntela are good with specific builds.

Marcu gets my vote. With 7 move and flying he gets around the board easy, and life drain with 6 life and 4 attack means he can last.
Old June 16th, 2017, 02:43 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Now that we have a bunch of new filler units to add in late drafting, which one is your favorite and why? I understand that it would depend on how many pts are left, but let's assume that there are 30 pts left.

My main question would be is guilty going to be repalced by Isamu and Marcu?
The poll and the question don't really line up, since the question in the OP asks what you would do with 30 points and explicitly asks if anything top Marcu + Isamu. Yet they are separated in the poll question.

I only looked, because I was curious what criteria we were using to define 'filler' And it appears as though you have 30 points remaining after a draft with your opponent.

So my definition means filler is just an add on to your army so no considering Knights/MacDirks with Eldgrim nor Arrows/DCs with Swog, nor even the bastions of competitive play deathknights with the Dumutef.

I am also going to assume you are only getting 1 choice of remaining figures and not a combo as the OP suggests.

Gwyn, Swog, and Dumutef are easily eliminated under those criteria. (Swog you could make a compelling case for in certain situations with 8 move....but still no)

That leaves: Marcu, Isamu, Guilty, Eldgrim

Map, glyph set, previous drafting all have dramatic changes on the answer.

I would personally put Isamu last on this list of remaining, because of his threat range per order marker. (7 compared to Marcu-8 + flight, Guilty-12, Eldgrim-11)

After that I would go with

#1 Marcu
#2 Guilty
#3 Eldgrim

It's pretty close though and again map/glyph/previous draft dependent.

In general though I think Marcu has more potential in a higher % of reasonable draft matchups than Guilty or Eldgrim, so that's my answer to this poll. Marcu Esenwein.

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 16th, 2017, 03:39 PM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

The OP is so old I am assuming it was before the D&D waves... which offer the Sahuagin Raider, Drow Chainfighter, and maybe even wyrmlings or elementals as possible filler units and I know I have seen a few people who like the Drow Chainfighter... but I am not sure how well the D&D units really compare.
Old June 16th, 2017, 10:00 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Chainfighter is pretty good. Nothing will ever top Isamu though. It's like asking who the best 80 point figure is--not a lot of debate in that arena. I'm looking at you, MacDirk Warriors!!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 17th, 2017, 02:16 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
The Chainfighter is pretty good. Nothing will ever top Isamu though. It's like asking who the best 80 point figure is--not a lot of debate in that arena. I'm looking at you, MacDirk Warriors!!

~TAF
Best 80 point figure is Realin

I could be interesting to see what people think of all of the filler units. (D&D and otherwise) When I have 30 points leftover, I generally go for Guilty McCreech though. He can useful for taking early game potshots (as he runs to a glyph) or cleanup duty. Marcu runs a drawback power, and Isamu can be cornered. Plus, fewer cards overall.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion