Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!
Seeking ideas for "Chieftain" or "Medicine Man" Aquilla FB

Hi all,
I'm working on an Aquilla flagbearer custom (found a good standard for him to bear in the form of a totem pole.), and haven't been able to think of an interesting and balanced second power for him.

I do want him to fit in with the Mohican theme, but have a class other than Tribesman (he should not have any sort of bonding with the MRT). I'm thinking that "Chieftain" or "Medicine Man" might be good class choices for him.

That said, I don't want him to particularly cater to the Mohican units. Rather I want him to boost a larger set of Aquilla units in some way or another.

Here's what I have so far:

Taking all suggestions into consideration! Thanks!

P.S., Favor of the Moon Goddess Aura is nyss's original idea. I just renamed it.
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Seeking ideas for "Chieftain" or "Medicine Man" Aquilla

I like the ability, it seems quite useful, which is different from some of the official flagbearers, heh.
If you're not happy with Cheiftain or Medicine Man, you could make him a shaman?
Looks good so far.
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:36 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I would go with "medicine man" or "shaman". I usually think of the flag bearers as support units. A "chieftain" seems more like an out-front melee type of unit leading into battle, not a support unit to boost the others.
That's just my way of thinking though.

I am liking him so far.
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Concerning Favor of the Moon Godess. It seems a bit to powerful. Consider how good that makes Concelment.
I think the concept is nice, just a bit unbalanced.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:31 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Concerning Favor of the Moon Goddess. It seems a bit to powerful. Consider how good that makes Concelment.
Considering how bad Concealment 19 is, I have to respectfully disagree. The average amount of symbols rolled on 12 Valkrie dice is still only 2.

The bigger concern, I think, is more likely to be Sujoah's poisoning effect, because with that power, the Favor of the Moon Goddess could be used multiple times on the same turn, allowing the poison to "chain" more easily. But then again, I don't perceive Sujoah as a particularly strong figure to begin with either, so I don't think it's a problem.

Last edited by rouby44; July 29th, 2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
Quote:
Concerning Favor of the Moon Godess. It seems a bit to powerful. Consider how good that makes Concelment.
Considering how bad Concealment 19 is, I have to respectfully disagree. The average amount of symbols rolled on 12 Valkrie dice is still only 2.

The bigger concern, I think, is more like to be Sujoah's poisoning effect, because with that power, the Favor of the Moon Goddess could be used multiple times on the same turn, allowing the poison to "chain" more easily. But then again, I don't perceive Sujoah as a particularly strong figure to begin with either, so I don't think it's a problem.
Well, this may be where we have to agree to disagree. On paper, Concealment 19 looks bad, and I was one of those that kind of thought the Moheicans would be bad. However, after seeing them in action, and after a Bob went 5 - 0 and won the Saratoga Slugfest with an army that was basically all Moheicans, I feel differently.
From 5 away, Concealment 19 becomes 14, add the average of 12 Valkrie dice, which is 2, and you've got 12. Not bad, 45% chance of success.
I understand this can be negated by getting closer. I don't want this to turn into a debate about Concealment though.
Just food for thought.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I will agree that Concealment 19 does actually seem a lot worse on paper than it turns out to be. Especially on longer range units like Omnicron snipers.
Old July 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
On paper, Concealment 19 looks bad, and I was one of those that kind of thought the Moheicans would be bad. However, after seeing them in action, and after a Bob went 5 - 0 and won the Saratoga Slugfest with an army that was basically all Moheicans, I feel differently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
I will agree that Concealment 19 does actually seem a lot worse on paper than it turns out to be. Especially on longer range units like Omnicron snipers.
Thanks for your input, guys. I will definitely be mindful of the effect the FB could have on the Concealment ability.

That said, does anyone have any ideas for a second power for him? Something that would boost some of the non-D20 units in Aquilla?
Old September 2nd, 2010, 08:30 AM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

First off, clever idea on the totem pole. The Mohicans did use totem poles.
http://www.chainsawsculptors.com/totem_poles.htm
According to this site, they sometimes had Wolf, turtle, turkey, bear, dog, opossum, yellow eel, crane, or chicken emblems.

What if, instead of the power he has now, you have something like this:

"After revealing an order marker on ____, roll 12 valkyrie dice. Each symbol counts as "x". All figures withing "x" spaces from ____ have no target hit zones until the revealing of your next order marker."

We know that you usually don't get more than a few symbols, so this isn't too powerful, and it is limited to where the flag bearer actually is. And if you get a lucky roll, it could make a great difference.

As far as names go, Mohican means "the people of the waters that are never still" because they lived near the hudson river. So maybe Chief Neverstill or Chief Stillwater. I also thought of Chief Big Cloud (kind of goes with the concealment idea).

Another power could be some kind of water movement since the Mohican's were a water based tribe. Or a water healing ability.

I'm just sayin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards