Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Notices

Old June 15th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) Discussion Thread

In the interest of keeping this project alive, I will offer my vote for:

Skirmish Under the Park by tom

I built this map and was immediately very impressed with the overall stability of it. The pillars are well placed to allow players to freely move around the board without fear of the entire map falling over. Both levels exhibit a great deal of thought and aesthetically, they match up quite well with the "real world," which I like quite a bit. The Raelin fountainpiece is truly a bit of genius, especially with the ability to throw her around if you play with the extra rules.

Playing this map was fun and challenging. The fun part was moving figures up and down through the holes, and battling along the chokepoints in each map. The challenge of playing this map is maneuvering pieces on the bottom level into the spots where you desire to place them. Also, determining LOS is impossible in several portions of the map where pillars block the players from being able to see from the LOS point. Overall, I like the map, but there are some serious concerns I have as well. Double-spaced figures are stuck on the bottom level. This is obvious a serious concern mainly for units like Krug and Grimnak (who I use often in my games since they are effective against Marvel figures). Also, while the map as a whole is spectacular, each half of the map is rather bland. So, for slow-moving units (KoW, Minions/Sentinels, etc.) the inability to make it across all of the flat space causes some serious problems. On both the lower and upper levels, cover is sparce, except from the pillars on the lower and the warehouse on the upper. I like the map, but it is simply not spectacular enough for me to be able to say is a great map. With some more variance in height and cover on both levels, and the addition of a way for double-spaced figures to move between levels, this map could pass with my approval, but lacking those things, I vote NO on this map.

Current Status:
Updated: 6/15/09

Maps Currently being reviewed:

Skirmish Underneath the Park by Tom
YES = 1 (Vitm); NO = 1 (ET86); Pending = 2 (Peteparkerh, Spidysox)
*Silver Surfer abstaining
*Double Map

Trouble At Scapecity Zoo by Sup3rS0n1c
YES = 0 (); NO = 1 (ET86); Pending = 4 (Vitm, Spidysox, Peteparkerh, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Sub Base Bravo by Cavalier
YES = 1 (ET86); NO = 2 (Peteparkerh, Vitm); Pending = 2 (Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Jungle Lab (Secret lab 3.1) by Peteparkerh
YES = 2 (ET86, Vitm); NO = 0 (); Pending = 2 ( Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Peteparkerh cannot vote, his map
*Single Map

Wayne Manor by Joe5joe7
YES = 0 (); NO = 1 (ET86); Pending = 4 (Peteparkerh, Spidysox, Vitm, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Museum of "Valuable Artifacts All Super Villians Want"by Jodokast
YES = 2 (ET86, Vitm); NO = 0 (); Pending = 3 (Peteparkerh, Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Keep on, BoM judges! Let's get some work done!
~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I will also give my vote for Skirmish Under the Park by Tom.

I feel exactly the same at ET86. I absolutely love this maps looks. It you have not played a game on this map, grab 3 of your closest friends and you will have a ball.

The problem is the double spaced figures that ET86 discussed. This must be fixed for it to get approved. I also will vote "No", but I'm hating myself for doing it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old June 15th, 2009, 09:30 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for crushing my soul guys.........................., maybe....

I definitely understand the reasons why you guys voted no for Skirmish and I agree with them. Thanks for taking the time to review it. Maybe if I get some time this Summer I will revisit the map. Perhaps I will add some teleportation devices to allow the double wides to go between the different levels. As for the difficulties with LOS and lack of cover, any suggestions would be welcome.
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:00 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I know I'm probibly kicked off by now but so are most of us. So to sorta bring this back I'm going to log some votes.

Trouble At ScapeCity Zoo: I love the business of this map and it's very fun to play on. My problems are how this field severely limits Double spaced figures, how the castle pillars are on the table, And how easily a fight can become a stalemate. It's good but now great so NO to accept.

Wayne Manor: I agree with wht ET96 said, the window, the staircase. So sorry but NO to review.

Current Status:
Updated: 7/8/09

Nothing

YES = 1 (ET86); NO = 2 (Peteparkerh, Vitm); Pending = 2 (Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

YES = 2 (ET86, Vitm); NO = 0 (); Pending = 2 ( Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Wayne Manor by Joe5joe7
YES = 0 (); NO = 2 (ET86, Vitm); Pending = 3 (Peteparkerh, Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

YES = 2 (ET86, Vitm); NO = 0 (); Pending = 3 (Peteparkerh, Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Vydar, You got to stop the kicked off talk. That clause is for someone who just diasappears forever. We are all here still. This project will continue it's just a few of us have some things going on for the past two months. We will go peddle to the metal again in August.

By the way, check out the Transformer Project. Almost done!

Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
Mayor of Scape City

Sorry for the double post, but I'm ready to do some votes.

The Museum of "Valuable Artifacts All Super Villians Want"by Jodokast has got to be the coolest name of all time.

The problem is the map does not deliver on the name. With a name like this, I would expect a grand entrance with maybe a giant staircase to the second floor. There even could be statues lining the hall with a way that you can bring them to life (maybe all ROTV figures like Mimring, Raelin, Finn, etc.). Think "Night at the Museum" Lobby.

The map currently is pretty basic with two start zones and a building in between. Jodokast, great great great idea! I think you just need to work on a version two. If you come up with one, I would love to review it. - Pete

Last edited by peteparkerh; July 23rd, 2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added Night at the Museum Comment
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:10 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Believe it or not, I am ready to put in some votes here.

I completely agree with Peteparkerh that the "Museum" map has the coolest name of all time, but unfortunately, a map needs more than a cool name. This is just a straight board with a building in the middle. There is little too it that would make for an interesting battle. One of the ideas behind BOM was to have maps that are both asthetically pleasing and playable, and unfortunately, this one lacks both. I am going to say no to reviewing this map. However I look forward to seeing an updated version sometime.

Jungle Lab is a very fun map. I had an opportunity to play it several times and had a blast playing it with a lot of fun moments(Dr. Doom mind controlling Raelin and having her fly into the Lava comes to mind ). I think that this is a map that deserves a chance to be reviewed. I say yes to reviewing Jungle Lab.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old July 26th, 2009, 09:48 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Current Status:

Logged Votes: Spidysox: Museum of "VAASVW" Ntr, Jungle Lab Ytr
Moved: Jungle Labto "Maps being Reviewed"

Updated: 7/26/09

YES =0 (); NO = 0 (); Pending = 4 (ET86, Spidysox, Vitm, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

*Single Map

Wayne Manor by Joe5joe7
YES = 0 (); NO = 2 (ET86, Vitm); Pending = 3 (Peteparkerh, Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

YES = 2 (ET86, Vitm); NO = 1 (Spidysox); Pending = 2 (Peteparkerh, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old July 27th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Mayor of Scape City

VITM,

I said no on the Museum as well.

Pete

Old July 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM

Sorry I only counted Bolded votes.

Current Status:

Logged Votes: Peteparkerh: Museum of "VAASVW" Ntr

Updated: 7/27/09

YES =0 (); NO = 0 (); Pending = 4 (ET86, Spidysox, Vitm, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

*Single Map

Wayne Manor by Joe5joe7
*Single Map

YES = 2 (ET86, Vitm); NO = 2 (Spidysox, Peteparkerh); Pending = 1 (Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

-Vitm

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old September 13th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is this still going on? I really enjoyed what you guys did so far.
Old September 14th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Mayor of Scape City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Is this still going on? I really enjoyed what you guys did so far.
Thank you for the encouragement. Has anyone heard from Silver Surfer?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios