Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 6th, 2007, 04:13 AM

ReqMan is surprisingly tart
Since I had a spare set of Snipers, I decided to paint them red and make a new squad...

Omnicron Sentinals

Anyone have any other comments on my previous customs or these guys?
Old January 8th, 2007, 09:29 PM

Hey all.

Hoping to play-test some of these customs this weekend.

Anyone have any suggestions or comments on any of my 12 customs?

Cheers
Old January 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I'm really looking forward to seeing how your D&D customs do in playtesting. You've got some great stuff going on.

The new Soulborgs are much better than their original counterparts (I think) and are slick looking repaints.

smallboxgames.com
Old January 21st, 2007, 09:29 PM

Still havent had a chance to playtest many of my customs. If anyone has, please let me know. When I get to play again, I'll post the results.

Here is my next custom, based on a modified Marro ( I cut the blade off Ne-Gok-Sa then gave the figure a black wash to darken it )

SE-QU-BA

Let me know what you think
Old January 21st, 2007, 10:42 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
A couple of comments on the marro. I think 55 points is not enough for his abilities. The unlucky aura has the ability to pretty much incapacitate any other special abilities used around him. That is potent. But could we come up with some better name for it? Like Entropic Aura or something? And the special attack, I would make it a special ability if you are going to stick with the D20 rolls, that is just logistics because a special attack should involve attack and defense dice being rolled. You are bypassing that like sharp shooter. I do like the concept though, keep up the good work.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old January 22nd, 2007, 02:41 AM

Good idea Tiberius.

Ive renamed it to Entropic Aura, and also changed the 2nd ability to "Ps ychic Blade" , and changed the text to be more like Sharpshooter. (weird, wouldnt let me post using the word psichic with correct spelling)

Of course this is a D20 ability (which is common amongst Marro), which means Glyphs and other specials can increase it beyond Sharpshooter's 50/50 chance.

I disagree with the cost issue though, because although Entropic Aura reduces D20 rolls by 2, its only in close proximity, and there arent that many figures that actually use D20 rolls in combat. So its effect isnt as large as it first seems.

Infact, in the Master Set, there are only 4 units that use a D20 in combat (Marro Warriors, NeGokSa, Tarn Vikings & Grimnak). So its not that poweful a special.

Thanks for the feedback
Old January 22nd, 2007, 02:47 AM

AlCapwned has disabled reputation
You should probably mention in Entropic Aura that it lowers it to a minimum of 1. You don't want some one to try to weasel out of that failed Kelda healing by pointing out that the card says 1, not below 1.

-Al
Old January 22nd, 2007, 02:59 AM

I thought that was just assumed. In the same manor that applies to needing a roll of 20 when you have the Lucky 20-Sider (+1) Glyph. Would anyone argue you need to roll a 19 exactly then, not 19 or 20?

eg, NeGokSa's "Mind Shackle 20" says "If you roll a 20..." not if you roll 20 or above.

Is there anything in the official rules about such things?
Old January 22nd, 2007, 12:51 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
You may want to change the ps ychic blade so that it doesn't affect soulborgs or large/huge figures. The way it is now, you have a 50% chance of instantly killing any of the Deathwalkers.

Old January 23rd, 2007, 06:32 PM

Firemaster, remember that Deadeye Dan can do the same at a distance of 10 spaces away! And he is only 60 points!

So I dont see this as a problem, as Se-Qu-Ba is a weak, melee only unit so it wont be easy to get him that close to a Deathwalker.
Old January 27th, 2007, 08:25 PM

Here is my next custom to help with the Monks.

Kung Fu Masters

Look forward to your opinions on these and any other of my customs.
Old January 27th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Cool custom, Req. I like the Shaolin defense, that's good stuff.

I do see a problem with Kung Fu Fighting, though. It says an attacking KFM may attack any figure adjacent to another KFM. What if I have a squad of KFM still in my starting area, and another squad mixed up with the enemy on the other side of the field, and I activate the ones from my starting zone. Suddenly, they just got a huge range boost. Also, is it considered a ranged attack if the KFM attack a figure 10 spaces away that is adjacent to a fellow KFM? Does the KFM move to be adjacent to the figure she's attacking? It's a damn cool ability, it just needs some sort of clarification/limit, ya know?

There's also another custom with the ignore first level of elevation ability, but I can't think of what it was. I know there was a decent amount of discussion in hammering out that ability to sound right, if I find it, I'll let post it.

All in all, cool thematic unit, they just need a little tune up!

smallboxgames.com

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards