Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 9th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

@Spidey'tilIDie

Some of the the guys in my game group played it at game night on July 31st. All the seats were spoken for so I didn't get in on that game.

I had an opportunity to get the invite to get the game, but was saving money fir something else.

Did you like it Spidey?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 9th, 2017, 08:30 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
@Spidey'tilIDie

Some of the the guys in my game group played it at game night on July 31st. All the seats were spoken for so I didn't get in on that game.

I had an opportunity to get the invite to get the game, but was saving money fir something else.

Did you like it Spidey?
Haven't played it yet, but I was fishing for opinions. You have any input? Even if its second hand?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 9th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
@Spidey'tilIDie

Did you like it Spidey?
Haven't played it yet, but I was fishing for opinions. You have any input? Even if its second hand?
I can ask on our group's Facebook page.

Old August 9th, 2017, 08:35 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Cool, Thanks!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 9th, 2017, 08:53 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Cool, Thanks!
From Zack, the owner of the game.

Quote:
I liked it, it is an interesting little puzzle game. It is not really anything like Dead of Winter but more of a thinky puzzle with some push your luck elements.

Old August 9th, 2017, 10:52 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So after playing for the first time this weekend and then talking about it here, I purchased Catan. Well, I couldn't resist the Amazon discount at $28 with Prime next day shipping for free. When I came home from work it was waiting for me and we played it tonight after dinner. My 9 year old son was at 9 points and I was at 8 my wife was at 6 but about to claim the Largest Army card. My son had the longest road at 8 and I was one card away from building two roads for 9 and my turn was next after my son. The sneaky devil offered the exact card I needed (a rare brick) for a Rock...I had three and they were of no use to me since I was about to win...of course he needed exactly one rock to upgrade a settlement to a city for the win...The funniest part was that while my wife asked questions through out (because she thinks she can learn a game better that way so she doesn't actually listen to the explanations) my son never asked a question through the whole game. So anyone curious, while the strategies can be more intense the basics of the game are simple enough a child can understand.

~full disclosure, we played with the beginning board setup from the rules so that does take some of the strategic decision out of the game and probably contributed to his win.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 10th, 2017, 12:13 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
@Spidey'tilIDie

Did you like it Spidey?
It's a lot of fun. It's got a lot of the characters from DoW in the game as citizens that have to be saved (or evacuated, rather) before the zombie apocalypse occurs. The mechanic I like the best is that each action you take as your character has consequences, so that the more things you try to do, the more things can spiral out of control. Definitely have to learn how to manage what you want to do with what you can do without triggering (as many of) the bad consequences. Lots of fun.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 11th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Ok, it's a wrap! The last of the Sword and Sorcery figures, until the dragon at some point.
The Orc King commeth!

Old August 11th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Really nice work there!
Cool figure.
Old August 13th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks Tornado! My buddy Jeff like it and the others I painted for him. I gave him all the minis I did for Sword and Sorcery yesterday at our group's all day gaming event. Jeff assured me that he will have more work for me when he buys a boatload of Fallout Wasteland Warfare stuff from Modiphius, which is a tabletop miniatures game like Frostgrave, Infinity etc. Not to be confused with the Fallout board game that is also coming out from Fantasy Flight Games. I'm sure that will be also gotten by some in my group.

Yesterday we had a large crowd of close to 30 people at our all day gaming event, the last big hurrah before GenCon. A lot of the people in my group are going down to Indy for GenCon to either just go and have fun for a few days, or work it demoing games. Many in my group get their lodging paid for and get hourly wages from demoing games for maybe 8 hours a day for a few days. They've been doing it for years and I had a chance to do some as well, but I really don't dig really crowded places where I feel confined or walking around in tightly packed areas. So I said no. I'm sure there will be lots of new purchases and stories of adventure next Monday night.

So yesterday I only played a couple games, but both were longer games. I also did a lot of socializing.

Frostgrave was one that took a while to set up and play. I brought in my 6x3 folding table and 2 plywood table tops to make a 6x4 playing area. Had a couple boxes of terrain and stuff as well. I won't go into detail here, as I already posted a batrep in the Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command thread. Here is the post.

I also got to play Wasteland Express Delivery Service - It's a pick up and delivery game set in a post apocalyptic themed setting. This was a really cool game, as the board is made up of modular tiles that make for a lot of different setups, as well as incorporating the theme really well with Raiders that you can attack for goods or they can attack you as well. There are public objective cards as well as private ones, and you can take certain actions on certain tiles to get more secret objective cards. You can modify your vehicle, which is a Mad Max type truck thing, where everyone has a different minis for, as well as having their own player board with unique ability/setup for each player. There are also event cards that get revealed each round. It's really cool and the inserts for it are some of the best I've seen for any game. Very well organized once you get the tokens punched and whatnot and placed in the inserts.

The friend that brought Wasteland Express Delivery Service, also brought The 7th Continent he kickstarted over a year and a half ago and just got it on Friday. I only got to look at a little bit of it, but man does that look like an awesome game. I believe some of the group got to start playing it while I was playing Frostgrave. From what I understand, The 7th Continent will never be available at retail, but they plan to have another kickstarter for it, though I don't think it should take nearly as long to deliver since it's already been produced and just need to have it printed again.

Old August 13th, 2017, 02:22 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Thanks Tornado! My buddy Jeff like it and the others I painted for him. I gave him all the minis I did for Sword and Sorcery yesterday at our group's all day gaming event. Jeff assured me that he will have more work for me when he buys a boatload of Fallout Wasteland Warfare stuff from Modiphius, which is a tabletop miniatures game like Frostgrave, Infinity etc. Not to be confused with the Fallout board game that is also coming out from Fantasy Flight Games. I'm sure that will be also gotten by some in my group.

Yesterday we had a large crowd of close to 30 people at our all day gaming event, the last big hurrah before GenCon. A lot of the people in my group are going down to Indy for GenCon to either just go and have fun for a few days, or work it demoing games. Many in my group get their lodging paid for and get hourly wages from demoing games for maybe 8 hours a day for a few days. They've been doing it for years and I had a chance to do some as well, but I really don't dig really crowded places where I feel confined or walking around in tightly packed areas. So I said no. I'm sure there will be lots of new purchases and stories of adventure next Monday night.

So yesterday I only played a couple games, but both were longer games. I also did a lot of socializing.

Frostgrave was one that took a while to set up and play. I brought in my 6x3 folding table and 2 plywood table tops to make a 6x4 playing area. Had a couple boxes of terrain and stuff as well. I won't go into detail here, as I already posted a batrep in the Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command thread. Here is the post.

I also got to play Wasteland Express Delivery Service - It's a pick up and delivery game set in a post apocalyptic themed setting. This was a really cool game, as the board is made up of modular tiles that make for a lot of different setups, as well as incorporating the theme really well with Raiders that you can attack for goods or they can attack you as well. There are public objective cards as well as private ones, and you can take certain actions on certain tiles to get more secret objective cards. You can modify your vehicle, which is a Mad Max type truck thing, where everyone has a different minis for, as well as having their own player board with unique ability/setup for each player. There are also event cards that get revealed each round. It's really cool and the inserts for it are some of the best I've seen for any game. Very well organized once you get the tokens punched and whatnot and placed in the inserts.

The friend that brought Wasteland Express Delivery Service, also brought The 7th Continent he kickstarted over a year and a half ago and just got it on Friday. I only got to look at a little bit of it, but man does that look like an awesome game. I believe some of the group got to start playing it while I was playing Frostgrave. From what I understand, The 7th Continent will never be available at retail, but they plan to have another kickstarter for it, though I don't think it should take nearly as long to deliver since it's already been produced and just need to have it printed again.
I have been keeping my eye on Wasteland Express Delivery Service. It looks really cool to me. I had never heard of The 7th Continent before. Why will it never come to retail, especially if it had a successful kickstarter?
-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 13th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

@keglo

Wasteland Express Delivery Service is cool. It's not too complicated yet there are a lot of tough choices to make. There are a ton of tokens, but the inserts really do a good job of keeping things organized. The only bit of fiddliness is in adjusting the market prices. The price for selling the goods (food, water and weapons) fluctuates based on how many of each token is in a city on the board. Every time you buy something from a city, that goods token is replaced with another random selling token. That doesn't change the market, but when you sell a good at a city that has that good's demand token, you replace that demand token with another random one and if it's a different good, you reduce the selling price of the previous good by one and raise the selling price of the new good by one. It's pretty easy once you get playing, as it becomes second nature.

As for why The 7th Continent isn't going retail? I don't know. But that was announced during the kickstarter I believe. Seems like an awesome co-op game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games