Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 24th, 2007, 03:17 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!
House rules for swamp and swamp water tiles

I was disappointed with the boring terrain rules for SotM so I have some house rules mods for movement concerning the two new terrain types.

Swamp water
As in the SotM rules, swamp water is a type of water space. Any special power that applies to a figure on a water space will also work on a swamp water space. Unlike moving through water, when you move onto a swamp water space from any other space you may continue moving if you have enough moves left.
Unlike SotM rules, if any part of the figure is on a swamp water tile it costs 1 additional move to leave the swamp water space. Any figure with the "Swamp Water Tunnel" special ability (Marro Drudge) do not have to pay this additional movement (this greatly increases the value of drudges!).

For example, a figure with 6 move that begins it's turn on a grass tile could move onto a swamp water tile (1pt) then leave the sw (1pt) for another sw (1pt), then leave the sw (1pt) for a grass tile (1pt for elevation + 1pt for moving onto the grass tile).

Swamp
If you begin your movement phase with any part of your figure on a swamp tile, it costs 1 additional move to begin your movement.

For example, a figure with 6 move that begins it's turn on a swamp tile could move onto another swamp for 2pts, (1 to begin movement + 1 to move onto the new tile. Thereafter the figure can continue to move on swamp or other spaces as though they were standard grass spaces for the duration of the movement.

My intention was to recreate the slowing effect of moving through a muddy bog. I feel that adding the additional movement to leaving the swamp water space makes it do this and makes it different from heavy snow or slippery ice both in the way it feels intuitively and in that you can still move into a sw space with only 1 move left. For the swamp tiles if you stand still you sink and have a hard time starting your movement. I was thinking of referring to the tiles as Bog water and Bogland when using these rules variants.

What do you think?

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old October 24th, 2007, 06:45 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker
Re: House rules for swamp and swamp water tiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr
What do you think?
I think these are very good house rules. Thank you.
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I concur. My son and I made up an on-the-fly rule in the middle of a game that was similar. I think it works great in a scenario situation.

I've been working on some quicksand to go with the SotM.

Quicksand

Before taking a turn with a figure on quicksand, roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll:
1: Figure is destroyed.
2-15: Figure receives 1 wound and may not move this turn.
16-20: Figure is safe and may take it’s turn normally.
Old October 25th, 2007, 12:29 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!
For quicksand I was thinking,

Quicksand

Double space figures with only 1 side on a quicksand tile may ignore quicksand effecs.
Before moving a figure on quicksand, roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll:
1 -figure is destroyed.
2-5 -figure loses 1 life and may not move this turn. Add 1 sinking token to army card.
6-12 -figure may not move this turn. Add 1 sinking token to army card.
13-20 -figure may move as normal.
For each sinking token on the figures army card, subtract 1 from the d20 roll.

I had considered adding a bonus or just plain save like with pit trap if you have another figure in an adjacent hex as well a another d20 result that reads something like "10-13 -figure may not move this turn. Remove all sinking tokens on army card." but I didn't want to make it too complicated.

Old October 25th, 2007, 12:34 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Great set of rules! Instead of "Marro Drudge" though, how about any unit with Swamp Water Strength? (did I get the power name right?)
Old October 25th, 2007, 03:01 PM
the Teirible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
Great set of rules! Instead of "Marro Drudge" though, how about any unit with Swamp Water Strength? (did I get the power name right?)
Thanks. That was my intention I just didn't want to look it up at the time I posted.

Having looked it up it is in fact the "Swamp Water Tunnel" ability which prompted me to give the Drudge an exception since it relates to swamp water movement.

I will edit my origional post to reflect this.
Thanks again.

Old October 25th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
This is a nice variant and I think I will use this, thanks!!!

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions