Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 19th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I'll be honest, it's a bit too dependent on swamp for my taste. If you don't have any swamp, it's just really not going to be as fun to play, or nearly as good.
My only counter to that would be that he's still regenerating (just not as much) without swamp, and he can still use lurking assault with shadow spaces which gives him a fairly good chance of using it when his ability can be used with 2 master sets worth of terrain.
Old November 19th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

Here I was thinking he was TOO strong.

Regenerate with 8 life and 2 def is scary. I think there's a good reason Feral has 1 def and Ice has 4 life.

But the judges may see it differently for you.
Old November 19th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I'll be honest, it's a bit too dependent on swamp for my taste. If you don't have any swamp, it's just really not going to be as fun to play, or nearly as good.
There is a long tradition of units that are terrain-dependent for their best performance. Thematically, I think he's perfectly in line with the Greater Ice Elemental, the Marro Drudge, and drow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Here I was thinking he was TOO strong.

Regenerate with 8 life and 2 def is scary. I think there's a good reason Feral has 1 def and Ice has 4 life.

But the judges may see it differently for you.
He is, however, way too strong for this price point, as Kevindola says. The terrain-dependent units are priced for how they perform on home turf, and on home turf this guy is very, very strong. He is at least as strong on a swampy map as the GIE is on a snowy one, with enormous boosts to durability and offense, and should be priced at least as high, as I see it.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old November 19th, 2017, 06:16 PM

Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
He is, however, way too strong for this price point, as Kevindola says. The terrain-dependent units are priced for how they perform on home turf, and on home turf this guy is very, very strong. He is at least as strong on a swampy map as the GIE is on a snowy one, with enormous boosts to durability and offense, and should be priced at least as high, as I see it.
I'd like to keep him somewhere between 100-120 points. And I do agree, I think I was a little too ambitious with the combinations of survivability with the 2 def. I was scared of having another troll at 1 defense, but I think it will be necessary if the life is going to be that high with a regeneration ability. Dropping the defense to 1 I think would probably bring him within my desired point range...maybe closer to 110-120pts. 20-30points more than the Feral Troll and 35-45 points more than the Ice Troll, seems about right for his abilities...at least in theory.
Old November 19th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I would consider limiting Regeneration to 1, if he is on swamp or swamp water. If you want to beef it up a little, you could add “adjacent to” such a hex, and maybe throw in jungle-adjacent regeneration too. That would be a thematic bump to the utility. But leave it at 1. My 2 cents. That would lower the power level dramatically. I’d also consider lowering his bonus attack by 1 die, then test him.

As SF said, a design like this will, when properly priced, normally struggle to earn its points. That’s ok. Good theme for this excellent mini, and your powers are on the right track.

Again, just my 2 cents.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old November 19th, 2017, 11:12 PM

BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd agree with the suggestions to nerf the regeneration powers in some way on Rujin. Healing 2 wounds a turn works on the Ice Troll because of its lower life, but 8L/2D with healing 2 wounds a turn is going to be a chore to take down. Keeping it to healing 1 probably works better for the theme of the mini than lowering life.

Otherwise, I really like what this card does. It's a cool theme to go with. Out of curiosity, is this guy single or double spaced?
Old November 20th, 2017, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I'd agree with the suggestions to nerf the regeneration powers in some way on Rujin. Healing 2 wounds a turn works on the Ice Troll because of its lower life, but 8L/2D with healing 2 wounds a turn is going to be a chore to take down. Keeping it to healing 1 probably works better for the theme of the mini than lowering life.

Otherwise, I really like what this card does. It's a cool theme to go with. Out of curiosity, is this guy single or double spaced?
Single-spaced. I see the merit in what has been said and I agree the power level should be brought down a bit.
Old November 20th, 2017, 02:51 AM

Here are some changes...and I think they work for his power level.

I think his power level is a little more accurate now, having dropped his defense to 1, keeping the Regeneration ability just like the Feral trolls, and putting his stats more in-line with the Feral Troll who is at 90points, but his additional points come from his slightly higher base attack and the attack potential with his special. He also has a form of bonding with the Durgeth Raiders which will help him fill those points.

I think keeping the Regeneration ability simple is important to his power set. If I were to limit his regeneration only to swamp terrain I think that would keep him from being effective across the board. Allowing him to regenerate but also having a swamp based attack special still gives him the image of a lumbering troll through the swamps.
Old November 20th, 2017, 07:59 AM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Good changes, go playtest and see how it performs.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old November 20th, 2017, 12:11 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun

Would a figure like Scarecrow be too "iconic" as a DC comics character to use as a generically fantasy flavored animated scarecrow?
Old November 20th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Would a figure like Scarecrow be too "iconic" as a DC comics character to use as a generically fantasy flavored animated scarecrow?
Doesn't look much like a scarecrow to me, just a guy in a mask.
Old November 20th, 2017, 03:51 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Some villains are pretty iconic but Scarecrow is one that has had so many different artistic representations that there really isn't a consistent and recognizable look. That being said, I agree with Scytale that that doesn't really look like a scarecrow in the first place.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards