Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 23rd, 2017, 02:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

A simple "thank you for the feedback" would suffice.

I am sure you understand that when people say "this unit isn't ready for this thread," what they mean is "this unit has a long way to go before being ready for the SoV, and would likely benefit from an overhaul." That's what they mean, though they didn't put it quite so directly. Regardless of how they put it, that suggestion is itself feedback for you to consider.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old October 23rd, 2017, 02:49 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
For what itís worth, those saying the unit isnít ready for the Pre-SoV workshop should read the OP. Thereís nothing saying at what point in the design and playtesting stage a unit has to be for it to be posted here. It simply states itís a place for feedback on cards.
Fair enough, but the thread is also not intended to be a group design thread. There's a grey area there certainly, but there's a difference between "provide feedback on my design" and "here's a neat mini, help me design a custom with it." The intention of this thread, and the reason I and other Judges come here, is to help refine customs that people intend to submit to the SoV.

You're in that grey area, certainly, but with the fundamental changes the unit is undergoing this is quickly becoming a group design project. Think through the feedback, work through some ideas, and do a bit of testing, then return here for another round of feedback.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 06:19 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
like Valguard's freakin' lizard arm!
What?! I actually had to go check my figure... *mind blown*

I'm glad you mention the shield thing though. I agree that just because a figure has a cool feature doesn't mean it has to be a focal point in design.

...but seriously... lizard arm... how did I miss that?!
Old October 24th, 2017, 10:23 AM

Whiskey McGreggor Woo who?

So how does it work for submission? Do you have to make a card template?( My phone or laptop don't let me cut and paste from the X 2 card creator) Also if I recall correctly we are limited to a main and and a secondary submission or is that only for the official play test stage?
Old October 24th, 2017, 10:35 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Here's how it works. You're going to want to test your card thoroughly, and get feedback from others on it too. This thread is a good place for that feedback.

Then you're going to want to make sure the figures are available, maybe 50 copies out on the internet for a unique hero.

Then you'll need a card. If you can't figure out how to make one, there's a thread called Makers of Custom Cards where you can find some help.

As far as how many submissions, I'd suggest focusing on one at a time, unless you have a few figures that work as a faction.

Old October 24th, 2017, 10:57 AM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
You're going to want to test your card thoroughly, and get feedback from others on it too.
This order doesn't make sense.

Really, you're going to want to:
  1. Create A Card
  2. Get Feedback from Others
  3. Test It Thoroughly
If it plays well in testing, it's probably good to go. If not, repeat Steps 2 and 3 until it does.

Somehow people think individual threads should work on the basis of Steps 2 and 3 being flipped, which just waste time that none of us have much excess of anyways.

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old October 24th, 2017, 10:58 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You're totally right.

I didn't mean for that to be an order, more of a checklist.

Old October 24th, 2017, 11:44 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

An SoV submission needs a reasonably made card image in order to be submitted. Since the testing and design process can be iterative, I don't feel that it is necessary to have a more final art product until the later stages. Especially if you are going through MCC, I wouldn't keep bothering them with new versions of your card until you are ready. There are plenty of well-tested units on this thread that are posted in text form and I think that's fine to work with that until you are ready to submit.
Old October 24th, 2017, 07:55 PM

Talking Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Thanks guys I'll be sure to try out your advice.(sorry for the double text)
Old October 24th, 2017, 07:56 PM

Talking Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Thanks guys I'll be sure to try out your advice.
Old November 10th, 2017, 07:36 AM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd like to have you guys take a look at one of my newest customs. I think he'd make a good SoV figure - many of us have him already and he brings something totally new to the table. I really don't know about price, I'm tending to Master of Illusions being around 150 and the Illusions costing around 30 per squad.

MASTER OF ILLUSIONS

Master of Illusions bio:
Spoiler Alert!

I really love Arena of the Planeswalkers and the miniatures it offers. But I also love customs, so I turned these guys into HeroScape figures. The uniqueness of this figure set makes it perfect for this kind of figure - the Master of Illusions is a painted miniature while the Deadly Illusions are unpainted versions of the same character in different poses. With these designs, the Master of Illusions is nowhere and everywhere at the same time. If you try to attack him, half the time it was just an Illusion - he is really somewhere else. If you attack an Illusion to narrow the possibilities of where the Master might be hiding, there's a 25% chance you've found the real Master. And there is no escaping this mind game, as the Illusions will continue until the battle is over. No target zones mean the Illusions can only be destroyed from close-up, and with no defense dice, it takes little more than the swipe of a hand to dispatch them from the field. But be careful, the Master of Illusions is a deadly enemy.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 10th, 2017, 08:13 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Master of Illusions/Deadly Illusions
This looks like a cool army. On his own the Master is very threatening with a double attack of 5 for your projected 150 points. Double attack aside, 5 just feels a bit high for the normal attack of a wizard. Maybe you could consider going down to 4 and maybe adding a little bit of range, although I like how all the moving around would work with a melee hero. 6 move also feels a bit high for a wizard and I'm not sure it's necessary given all the illusion movement that you have. Otherwise this army is doing stuff different enough that I can't really help you for balancing between the two.

I'd further suggest that you keep in mind a few rules issues. Recurring illusions is cool but it may be a bit much to have that play out for your entire army. Also, triggering it off destroy is definitely an issue. What happens when you destroy one as part of Just an Illusion or Not an Illusion but then roll to replace it immediately with Recurring Illusions? Where does the Master go? Maybe just limit it to receiving wounds. Now that I look at it, it is a little strange that Not an Illusion destroys an illusion entirely. Shouldn't that imply where the Master was was actually an illusion and they should switch accordingly? Furthermore, consider what is supposed to happen with some of these powers like Just an Illusion when cyberclaw is involved.

Thematically I'd recommend giving the Master of Illusions a real name. Otherwise it implies he is an uncommon hero. I'm not sure what Irreal are supposed to be but I'd suggest making the illusions have the Illusion species and the Construct class since they are magical constructs when you get down to it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards