Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 28th, 2015, 04:50 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

YK,

We've only played with them once, but the Jetwash is the most popular here in Brooklyn, although we like them both. They're still Fireflies, but a larger newer class.
Old October 28th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
10% off everything today at Miniature Market. Code is TREAT
Thanks for the heads-up.

Old October 30th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Tonight, I'm hosting a Halloween game night of heavily modded version of Mansions of Madness *crosses fingers* hopefully it goes well.

Coolstuff has been having a 50% off sale on Star Wars: Armada products. The entry price point hadn't been worth it to me. However, after seeing the sale, I decided to nosedive into it. I purchased 2 core sets, 2 gladiators, 1 VC destroyer, 1 Neb-B, 1 Corellian, and 1 of each of the Wave 1 squadron packs. It is supposed to show up today. Have any of you tried this game?

I also picked up the core book and beginner's set for Force and Destiny, VS 2pcg, some DC deck-building expansions (my wife is a fan of this and the original VS), and a couple packs of Imperial Assault Wookie Warriors and Hired Guns to go along with a expansion pack of Stormtroopers. I'm hoping the holidays are good to me and I can get some good gaming in.
Old October 30th, 2015, 03:24 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I have now played 10 of the 18 scenarios in the new Commands & Colors Napoleonics (GMT). Its lots of fun. I'm currently doing the scenarios from the largest Napoleonic battle of all, Leipzig: The Battle of Nations (where Gettysburg took two days, Leipzig took three)! The different skills you need are playing both card decks together and using nationality rules for more than one Coalition nation on the same battlefield.

The variety of nationalities and units is greater here than in any other expansion--I've used the British Rocket Battery, Russian Cossacks, Austrian Grenzers, Spanish, Portugese, and Hanoverian Infantry, and the Prussian Guard Grenadiers are on the board for the next fight, as well as the dozens of more usual suspects!

(Edit) You also get a retrofit table that allows you to used the new systems in any of the 97 previously issued scenarios. I just tried my first one and it works fine.

Last edited by chas; November 2nd, 2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old October 30th, 2015, 07:15 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Tonight, I'm hosting a Halloween game night of heavily modded version of Mansions of Madness *crosses fingers* hopefully it goes well.

Coolstuff has been having a 50% off sale on Star Wars: Armada products. The entry price point hadn't been worth it to me. However, after seeing the sale, I decided to nosedive into it. I purchased 2 core sets, 2 gladiators, 1 VC destroyer, 1 Neb-B, 1 Corellian, and 1 of each of the Wave 1 squadron packs. It is supposed to show up today. Have any of you tried this game?

I also picked up the core book and beginner's set for Force and Destiny, VS 2pcg, some DC deck-building expansions (my wife is a fan of this and the original VS), and a couple packs of Imperial Assault Wookie Warriors and Hired Guns to go along with a expansion pack of Stormtroopers. I'm hoping the holidays are good to me and I can get some good gaming in.
I'm pretty sure @Arch-vile has played Armada.
Old October 31st, 2015, 01:57 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Nope, I'm an X-wing guy. I don't have the $$$ to get into Armada too, though I'd love to give it a try. It looks like a lot of fun.
Old October 31st, 2015, 09:01 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Nope, I'm an X-wing guy. I don't have the $$$ to get into Armada too, though I'd love to give it a try. It looks like a lot of fun.
I have been playing X-Wing from the beginning, so was looking for something different. I like Armada more, but it really is very different, so having it, Xwing, and Imperial Assault fills out the Star Wars section of the game room. Armada is a more thoughtful game in that you need to plan further ahead than just the next turn like Xwing. Armada also takes a few games played to get that you can't play like it is just capital ship Xwing. The one negative for me is that it seems to take about twice as long as a game of Xwing and that was at 300 point games. The new standard will be 400, I believe, once the Imperial Star Destroyer and Home One are released, so I expect the games to be a little longer. This makes tournaments feel impossible, but I have read it is not. We have been talking about running one soon, so I will try to update.

My suggestion is go to your FLGS and try it out with the store copy or one of the guys who have sunk a ton of money in and are looking to suck others into the addiction. It is too expensive to risk that it might not be for you.
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:43 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Last night I did Sentinels of the Multiverse where we kicked Gloomweaver's butt in a five on one game, and Pathfinder Adventure Card Game where we're feeling a bit overpowered halfway through adventure pack three.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 31st, 2015, 11:37 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds like you need a GM to capture your Pathfinder party and take all the good stuff.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 31st, 2015, 11:41 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I have been playing X-Wing from the beginning, so was looking for something different. I like Armada more, but it really is very different, so having it, Xwing, and Imperial Assault fills out the Star Wars section of the game room. Armada is a more thoughtful game in that you need to plan further ahead than just the next turn like Xwing. Armada also takes a few games played to get that you can't play like it is just capital ship Xwing. The one negative for me is that it seems to take about twice as long as a game of Xwing and that was at 300 point games. The new standard will be 400, I believe, once the Imperial Star Destroyer and Home One are released, so I expect the games to be a little longer. This makes tournaments feel impossible, but I have read it is not. We have been talking about running one soon, so I will try to update.

My suggestion is go to your FLGS and try it out with the store copy or one of the guys who have sunk a ton of money in and are looking to suck others into the addiction. It is too expensive to risk that it might not be for you.
Thanks G-O! ... Shipping update says Armada will be here some time today. ... I probably should have found a demo game somewhere. However, our area only has a small FLGS (primarily supporting MTG & Warmachine) that I struggle to find open during hours conducive to my work schedule; haha, maybe, if my future schedule allows, I will have to be the crazy guy who has "sunk a ton of money" into the game ... For now, my basement has served as my growing group's meeting ground for some X-Wing and Imperial Assault games, which have been enjoyed. I believe Armada will go over well. We are going to be finishing last night's game of Mansions so I may let everyone take part in the unboxing process ... might build some anticipation and excitement.

Will we be able to make some decent/fun lists with 2 core sets, 2 gladiator expansions, and 1 of every other Wave 1 expansion? Assuming everyone likes the game, any recommendations? Another Assault Frigate? ... or just wait for Wave 2?
Old October 31st, 2015, 11:46 AM
Promotable Material

Speaking of Mansions of Madness ... we played our modified ruleset last night and everyone had a blast and will be coming back tonight to finish the game ... they are searching Dr. Faust's mansion (with a charge to arrest him and bring him in for questioning), which is the supposed resting place of Dracula and Lilith and is built on an ancient magical battlefield ... supposedly. Anyway, tonight we continue Mansions and have an Armada unboxing. Woot!
Old October 31st, 2015, 11:49 AM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Last night I did Sentinels of the Multiverse where we kicked Gloomweaver's butt in a five on one game, and Pathfinder Adventure Card Game where we're feeling a bit overpowered halfway through adventure pack three.
My group enjoys cooperative games but hasn't really tried these cooperative deck-building games. Do you recommend SotM or PACG over Legendary? Is there a sweet spot for the amount of players you can play a game with? ... I'm curious.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games