Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old January 26th, 2015, 09:18 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Yes! (Hopefully) If there are no length issues.

Dünd requires belly rubs...
in EHWAZ KEEP
Old January 27th, 2015, 09:41 PM

SheapCreaper Woo who?

I'll see what I can do, but I won't object to the contest rolling ahead without me.

I am he who rules the world, don't you know? One little piece at a time.
Old January 28th, 2015, 08:14 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well my entry is complete. It weighs in at 9 pages and 3,997 words. I like the way it turned out.
The problem is that it is based more off of frenzied inspiration than the prompt. I have the small force. I have the fortified position. I feel like I have the last stand feeling down. I'm hoping I have the writing and the wow factor.
But I do not have any brilliant tactics or impressive feats. Hmm. I actually have no tactics. And I can't say the scenario is exactly original, especially if you know where I got it from. I did try to compensate for that with a bit of Valhalla diversity thrown in, but... still.
Ehh... I don't know about this one. I feel like I need to fix it up, but I don't know how to fix it up without making it something completely different. And I like the way it turned out, so I really don't want to change it too much.
What do you think, TAF? Can you take a lack of tactics and originality for amped up wow factor? Or will that detract from my placement?
~TGRF, who will edit if he gets inspiration.

Eternity - Outlining Plot P03 (placeholder name)
Spoiler Alert!

Old January 28th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If your pluses outweigh your lack of tactics and originality, then it should be okay--lots of entries ignore small parts of their prompt. If someone else can pack significant wow factor and tactics/originality, they will likely get more points, however. You should be okay, unless you're really that dissatisfied with how it might turn out. I wouldn't worry about it, but nobody else has submitted anything yet, so you could hang onto it for now and wait for more ideas/inspiration.

~TAF, who can live without a few aspects.

Join us for the historic story of Sgt. Drake Alexander...
in EHWAZ KEEP
Old January 30th, 2015, 12:38 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Maybe

I make no guarantees. I don't write unless I have an idea I like. I don't have one yet. I'll keep percolating and see what comes out.

~Dysole, updatingly

Dysole is the very MANLY and very BRAVE Sir Dupuis...
in
EHWAZ KEEP
Old January 30th, 2015, 08:03 PM

The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well I guess I might as well post it now. It may not be exactly the most original of works, but hey, inspiration has to come from somewhere. I did manage to edit in some other stuff I think you were looking for, TAF (impressive feats and tactics and all), so it should be able to hold its own now.
It is advisable to be in a suitably epic mood before you begin reading this. During reading, please avoid all encounters with pets, light/wordy music, and potentially vocal ads from unknown sources. Let the words fill you, and experience the epicness unblemished.
I give you now, my entry:
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!

Old January 30th, 2015, 08:26 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well that was fast. Let's see here...

Post-Reading Edit: Ah, very nice! It captured the basic essence of the prompt, and managed to pull me in quickly and efficiently. Can anyone else do better? Only time will tell!

P.S. Is Saylind supposed to be the Official Saylind? You refer to her as a "he" on multiple accounts.

in EHWAZ KEEP

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 30th, 2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old February 15th, 2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Well that was fast. Let's see here...

Post-Reading Edit: Ah, very nice! It captured the basic essence of the prompt, and managed to pull me in quickly and efficiently. Can anyone else do better? Only time will tell!

P.S. Is Saylind supposed to be the Official Saylind? You refer to her as a "he" on multiple accounts.
I suffer from permanent confusion on the matter of Saylind. In fact, until today I was under the impression that she served Jandar. And not owning the figure, all I have to go off of is the collector's guide from SotM, and the helmet unfortunately makes her look like a he.
So yes. Official Saylind. With alterations.

C'mon people. Will you let a mixed up tale with an alternate-universe Saylind win?

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!

Old March 2nd, 2015, 10:04 AM

Well, it's been a whole **** **** **** month, and I'm getting' bored. As such, unless someone can bring me something to hold me over or convince me otherwise, I will be commencing the judging at the end of this week. And with only one contestant, that'll be pretty easy.

If yer working on something for this prompt, please let me know if ye need more time. Okay? Okay.

~TAF, who apparently isn't so good at this whole prompt thing.

in EHWAZ KEEP
Old March 2nd, 2015, 11:12 AM

@Dysole @SheapCreaper @Marro_Warlord
When I wrote the 'win by default' rule, it was meant to be incentive to have it never happen. Don't let me win by default! NOOOO!!
~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!

Old March 3rd, 2015, 01:17 AM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Don't you worry. I got something up my sleeve for a great story. Will send it in when I can.

~Bro-man, bringing out his talent again.

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old March 6th, 2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-man View Post
Don't you worry. I got something up my sleeve for a great story. Will send it in when I can.

~Bro-man, bringing out his talent again.
Week's almost up.
~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction