Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: New Aquilla units- Ft. Einar Gen.

Playtest 1.2 No movement bonding. Same as last night.
Map: Stone's Throw
Army: Berserker, 3x Mohicans, Brave Arrow, Mittens
Vs: 4x Arrow Gruts, 3x Swog, Raelin, Krug, Isamu, Nerak
Deployment: Raelin and Nerak in Center, Krug by wall, gruts and swogs fill in rest.
Deployment: Berserker and BA on height. Mohicans as close to enemy as possible. Mittens as far away as possible.

Round 1
Mohicans win initiative. 1 behind Krug, 1 behind Grut and Isamu, 1 takes glyph of gerda. 1 wound on Krug. BA takes glyph of jalgerd.

Swog moves up and puts a wound on BA.

1 Mohican moves adjacent to BA. Another moves up to attack Krug. Other one moves in water by krug to make room for Berserker. 2 wounds on Krug. Berserker moves up and puts a wound on Krug. Warpath attack fails. (Note: Berserker should still take leaving engagement attacks while on the Warpath.

Krug puts 1 wound on Berserker. AG kill Mohican on Gerda.

Mohicans move up to height on Krug. 2 wounds on Krug and Swog destroyed. Berserker fails to wound Krug.

Krug wounds Berserker 4 times. AG shoot and kill 1 Mohican

Round 2
Mohicans win initiative. 1 kills Krug. Others choose not to attack so they can bond. Berserker kills 2 AG.

Swog moves up to even height and misses Berserker. AG move to even height and fail to kill Berserker.

Mohicans kill Swog and 2 AG. Berserker misses on attacking an AG.

Swog misses BA, AG kill 1 Mohican.

Forward Mohicans move into double adjacency. 3rd moves up near Isamu. 3 misses. Berserker kills 1 AG.

Swog misses BA. 3 AG move up adjacent to him. 3 shots kill 1 Mohican.

Round 3
Gruts win init. Swog kills BA. 1 Grut takes Jalgerd. 2 shots put 2 wounds on Mittens who has been lurking in the back.

1 Mohican moves up and kills 1 AG. Others miss. Berserker kills 2 AG and misses Raelin.

Swog kills Berserker. End playtest.

Summary: Very dangerous but easily destroyed as planned. Not sure how he compares to Krug. Absorbed 4 attacks from Krug, 6 from Arrow Gruts and 2 from Swog Riders. Killed 5 AG and wounded krug once. All this without an order marker.

Ideas: Possible 1 hex attack aura for scouts or Aquillan scouts might make him even. He cannot get as much attack as Krug and needs to do damage to get more attacks per turn. Plus, his bonding is more limited.

Last edited by greygnarl; December 10th, 2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

From that one playtest, I'd think he needs something to make his attacks a little more potent. Maybe replace the Bloodlust with a "Wounded" ability, so he does more damage as he gets wounded, keep Warpath, and then give him the Scout buff, and see how that works. I'm partial to letting the buff work with ALL scouts, as it opens up more options.
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:07 PM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Movement bonding is no good because that creates a bonding loop. Warpath needs to be clarified so that you know whether you get to move 3 if there is nobody in range. Also, Relentless is no good since the other Mohicans are Fearsome. I am also partial to the scout buff since it leaves open options. The thing is, we need to make the Berserker be better than 3 squads of Venocs since that would be what is filling the points otherwise.

Playtest 1.3 Same map but I connected the 2 bigger startzones for each side making it 2 24 space start zones. The old setup seemed to make it extremely easy for the Mohicans to bond. Mohican bonding is still too weak in squadscape. Took Jalgerd out.

6 of the Mohicans got slaughtered in the first round.

On 2 bonded turns Berserker failed to kill a 2 defense Arrow Grut.

Took 3 wounds. Killed Swog and 2 Arrow Gruts in response. Brave Arrow used for rest of round.

Round 3- Killed an AG. Brave Arrow used for the rest of round due to lack of targets near Berserker.

Round 4- Killed 2 Arrow Gruts. Got lucky and put 5 wounds on Krug. 1 wound in return. Next turn: killed Krug. Swog and AG finish the deal. Only Mittens left. End playtest.
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:28 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

You make good points, and from your data, he's definitely lacking in something. Warpath could be clarified by stating: "...may move three spaces and then attack one enemy figure adjacent to him." Something else to think about, we could just be trying too hard to make him worth his points. He either needs a much more substantial and reliable source of damage, or to have his points lowered.
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:43 PM

The question is, does Krug do more damage than him? The answer is probably yes.

Giving him an aura would make him even more thematic imo. The problem is that it's hard to get 2 Mohicans engaged on most maps unless you let the enemy come to you or give up your attacks. The thing is, Mohicans are built to streak across the map. Unless we're playing them wrong.

If we lowered his points, he wouldn't be as much of a gamechanger for the Mohicans as we thought. What if when he killed a figure, 2 Mohicans got to move or something. Or you could teleport one of your Mohicans into the space.

The thing about getting into SoV and in general making a good custom is that we want to help make more builds competitive. If we make a cool guy, we want him to be playable with the Mohicans so that you don't have to get lucky for his abilities to be useful.

On the subject of a mini, we could use a D&D Knoll or some other animal person and he is like the idol of the Mohicans. That bridge can be crossed when we come to it though.

Last edited by greygnarl; December 10th, 2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:43 PM

I had the same thoughts about lowering his points, even when I suggested it. And I like the idea of his kills "inspiring" the Mohicans. Now I'm just spitballing here, but here's a new concept for Warpath. Replace the current version with this: Whenever (Mohican Berserker) causes one or more wounds, you may move and attack with one Mohican squad figure.

Then give him double attack, a higher attack like 5 or so, and you have something different. Just a thought.
Old December 11th, 2012, 02:21 AM

samthegoat is surprisingly tart

Wow guys! this is starting to shape up real well! I do think perhaps the power where mohicans can move after he's attacked may be a bit better, like they're inspired by him, as has been said before. regarding point cost, he mohicans are a pretty low cost mini-faction, so perhaps a slight point reduction is the way to go as far as evening him out is concerned, rather than just adding more and more powers! I think once we've sorted out the card for the beserker, move onto the mounties and such before finding minis, so get all the hard work done then match up a figure. And Greygnarl, thank you so much for all of this playtesting! you seem to have done a great job, so keep it up!

Samthegoat
Old December 11th, 2012, 08:11 AM

I like the ability to move and attack with Mohicans when he kills. Next playtest will include that. Also, It might be worth noting that I did not forget the Bloodlust during any of the playtests. I'm also trying to find a balanced map to run the playtests on. I have 1 RotV, 1 SotM, and 1 RtFF.
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:50 AM

I've been busy lately. Hoping to get around to playing a game or two to test him out myself.
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:18 PM

I might have time for a few more tests tonight. Should I switch up the opposing army? I also want to see how he does with the Vipers or maybe the spiders.
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:30 PM

samthegoat is surprisingly tart

I think you should switch up a bit, maybe try a hero heavy and then a squad heavy army, if you have the time, and see how he is against different oppents.
samthegoat
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:36 PM

I'd say switch it up as much as you want. Every unit performs differently against every army, so it'll be good to try him out against a variety of compositions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards