Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 10th, 2012, 02:03 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker
Re: Which mini-faction would you have liked to seen continue

I do like the concept of a common viking squad. Give them bonding, add a more combat viable viking hero, and you have yourself a nicely established viking army.
Old December 10th, 2012, 06:08 PM

Garenex knows what's in an order marker Garenex knows what's in an order marker Garenex knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
I agree, and as far as squads are concerned, I think a cavalry may be the way to go, possibly with a tarn-like extra move power, maybe even frenzy.
Samthegoat
Horse Archers. And then maybe a hero who wears a buffalo skin and is like a (psycho-)shaman.

I really like the idea of horse archers. Especially if they had some kind of a charge and retreat ability, where they move into range, attack, and then can move back out of range, simulating historical horse archers' agility and mobility on the battlefield.

100% Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!
Old December 10th, 2012, 06:16 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

I imagine that a "charge and retreat" ability would be slightly overpowered if it was a sure thing. If it relied on a d20 roll though, I can see it working.
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:39 PM

Garenex knows what's in an order marker Garenex knows what's in an order marker Garenex knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar Gen. View Post
I imagine that a "charge and retreat" ability would be slightly overpowered if it was a sure thing. If it relied on a d20 roll though, I can see it working.
I could agree with that. Just like frenzy. Though it should have a better chance to succeed than frenzy, cause it would just be a movement not actually another attack.

Old December 10th, 2012, 08:05 PM

Yes, but that extra movement could be EXTREMELY advantageous. They would be able to move, shoot, then move again, allowing them to gain height MUCH more quickly than other squads, to name one way. Undoubtedly they'd be the best cavalry squad in the game, at least upon release. Maybe on the d20, 1-10 nothing happens, 11-20 they move again? A 50-50 chance seems reasonable.
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Undoubtedly they'd be the best cavalry squad in the game, at least upon release.
...not that there's a whole lot of competition for good cavalry squads.

Quote:
Maybe on the d20, 1-10 nothing happens, 11-20 they move again? A 50-50 chance seems reasonable.
Once again, I could agree with that.

Old December 10th, 2012, 09:02 PM

I suppose what I meant to say is that they would be exponentially better than the other cavalry units. The main issue with them is lack of mobility, but the ability to move a second time, and having ranged capability, would make a cavalry squad MUCH better.
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:59 AM

AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!

So have them move, attack, and then move 3 spaces. It gives them what you're looking for but allows fast or better ranged squads to to get at them.
Although I think their points would still have to be on the high side.

Back on topic - I would have loved more Grut figures. Perhaps a Marro Kyrie warrior...so many possibilities.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; December 11th, 2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Perhaps move 4 spaces?
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM

Marro kyrie seems a bit far-fetched, to me at least. And while I think the idea of the mounted archers' second movement being smaller than the first, I think it should still rely on a d20 roll. The element of chance will make relying on that extra movement a little more chancy, and also cut down their points a little.
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:14 PM

Marro Kyrie really doesn't seem to fit. I can see a flying marro unit, something that was mutated or evolved into having wings, but just not have it be a Kyrie (since they different races). Heck, you could even come up with some kind of jetpack that they developed.

Old December 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM

As long as we're on the subject of "flying marro," why not some sort of carrion/predatory bird? We have hounds as it is, and then the Nagrubs, why not a flying creature of some sort? Obviously, just because it's Marro doesn't mean it has to be of humanoid shape.
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
As long as we're on the subject of "flying marro," why not some sort of carrion/predatory bird? We have hounds as it is, and then the Nagrubs, why not a flying creature of some sort? Obviously, just because it's Marro doesn't mean it has to be of humanoid shape.

I like it, and it does make a lot of sense. We have hounds, and nagrubs (like you said) but also a giant snake thing, a bone dragon, a zombie horse, and Groks (whatever they actually are. So I could totally see some kind of Marro vulture or other type of bird.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units