Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 30th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
It really would be fun. I love E-glyphs, and I would love to see that one sooner rather than later for Punisher especially.
Write up done and posted with a link to my number 1 design choice in the Public Design Post.
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:16 PM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

It's been a while since I wrote something like this, but I felt it was a good time to dive back into it.

As always, a quick rundown of the units abilities before I dive into a few ways I like to play them.

Assault Rifle
When Punisher attacks with his normal attack, he may attack two additional times. Roll 1 less attack die for each subsequent attack.

This is a great piece in Punisher's arsenal! It's a buff to his normal attack by allowing him to attack 2 additional times with it, and is a special ability and not a special attack which means you can take advantage of buffs to the die roll such as height advantage etc.

Auto Shotgun Special Attack
The first of 2 special attacks that Punisher packs. This one is like any other shotgun blast special attack except it allows you to use it twice. It tends to be more of a situational Special Attack, but it can have it's place.

Armor Piercing Rocket Special Attack
For each skull rolled when attacking with this special attack the defending figure subtracts 1 from it's defense. This is a once per round Special and should be used every round! It's an extremely effective hero killing special attack. Keep in mind though that you can only use it to attack a non adjacent figure. So keep your distance.

So obviously Punisher has an immense arsenal at his disposal. And his life and defense of 5 makes him stay around a little bit. So who should you draft with Punisher to get the most out of his 180 points?

As a Vigilante, Punisher can benefit from many other figures.

Robin and Commissioner Gordon would seem like obvious draft choices with Punisher... and they kind of are in most cases.

Robin allows you to have a bonding unit for Punisher that can be used as a light screen that can engage an enemy while Punisher fires down at them from a distance.. preferably with height using Assault Rifle.

Commissioner Gordon can be used to move Punisher into height position with Bat Signal early on or to get Punisher out of a sticky situation later on.

Alfred Pennyworth is also a great drafting choice here since Punisher can benefit from his Remote Field Extraction and his Field Medic abilities. As both a Vigilante and a Human Unique Hero, Alfred will keep Punisher around a lot longer then he should be and will force your opponent to account for the 60 point butler.

Captain America is probably one of my favorite draft choices with Punisher and Alfred. If you are able to win initiative with this team and move Punisher up to height using Bat Signal then use your first turn or two to get Captain America adjacent with Punisher early then start to unload his arsenal on your opponent it will be that much more effective! Tactician benefits Punisher more then just about anyone. Punisher on height with an adjacent Captain America will have a boosted attack of 6! and when using Assault Rifle will follow that with 5 and 4! That's 15 attack die being thrown by 1 figure which is the most attack a single figure can throw in one turn without a bit of luck.. like say Black Canary. And remember you can follow those 15 attack dice with your Sidekick's attack of 3/4 that's a total of 18/19 dice in one turn... pretty impressive! And keep in mind you can move Alfred up with Punisher/Captain America/Robin and keep him adjacent to the podge and he can heal them all!

Assault Rifle and Armor Piercing Rocket are my favorite of the two abilities and I use them both in certain situations. Armor Piercing is great for the following figures
Flash
Harley Quinn
Blob
Colossus
Superman
Grundy
etc.. (know I'm forgetting some)

Just about anyone that has a defense ability that only benefits them against normal attacks or a ability that gets better depending on how many D they are rolling like Flash/HQ

For anyone else I would probably opt to use his Assault Rifle... especially if Captain America is around...

Have to cut this one short because I have some company on there way, but discuss this below and I will add more tips and tricks later.

Cheers!
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CharosInCharge again.
Thank you very much sir for that awesome review and breakdown of Punisher.

Yeah, AR and the Rocket are by far the most used of his arsenal. Though I've had occasion to use the shotgun in a pinch and have been pleased with the results. Like you said, it's situational, but I get excited when he uses it successfully, and it does bypass Counter Strike and other special defenses. The Rocket is certainly nice in reducing defense vs. special defenses and it can be worth risking leaving engagement for at times. One of the keys with the Assault Rifle is always to choose the lower figure first when attacking so you can start out with the highest attack. If you choose the same level figure, you go 4,3,2 even if your 2nd and 3rd attack are against lower figures, but if you go low first, you get a 5,4,3 attack and you can still get the attack of 4 vs. the same level figure you could have chosen to attack the first time in the previous example.

Thanks again CinC for taking the time to review Punisher.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:46 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dang I can't rep him either.Someone needs to get in here and rep CiC for Hamha and myself. Great write up CiC. I once used his Shotgun to target my own Robin who was engaged with flash and someone else. Poor Robin took 4 Shotguns from punisher and 1 or 2 from alfred before falling to friendly fire, but I also took out Karat's Flash, which of course was the point
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I think sacrificing the Boy Wonder to take down Flash is a fair trade Hidicul.

Old February 8th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I've given out a bit too much Rep, too... so that makes three.

Armor Piercing Rocket is probably the most useful power in the world against some guys. I mean, there's nothing more annoying than Harley Quinn and the Flash and other defense-centric units, but some good luck with the Punisher and BAM! They're down in one hit. Always nice to see.
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:50 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I almost took out the other figure, which was his last one after Flash, but I can't remember who it was for some reason. They just both happened to be engaged with Robin and I had OMs 1 and 3 on Punisher and 2 on Alfred and figured hey if I take a chance I can attack both of his figures at the same time. Needless to say, when Robin finally fell, Karat started craking up about me attacking my own figure
Old February 8th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
I almost took out the other figure, which was his last one after Flash, but I can't remember who it was for some reason. They just both happened to be engaged with Robin and I had OMs 1 and 3 on Punisher and 2 on Alfred and figured hey if I take a chance I can attack both of his figures at the same time. Needless to say, when Robin finally fell, Karat started craking up about me attacking my own figure
Collateral damage.

Though he might not be cracking up so much if you took out Flash and his last figure while taking out your own Robin.

Old February 9th, 2011, 05:41 AM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

I always feel guilty targeting my own figure with Shotgun Special... But the risk may be worth the reward sometimes... Robin is a pretty key figure in this little army though

Try Punisher with Captain America though... It's pretty nice to boost Assault Rifle like that. And yes, do be sure to target figures you have height on first

Thanks for the rep guys! Glad you enjoyed this little write up
Old March 16th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

For people that like The Punisher, you may be interested in reading the book series that I believe is the inspiration for The Punisher character. The Executioner series began in 1968 and was created and written by Don Pendleton and later written by other authors. The central character is Mack Bolan, a Vietnam vet that comes home to find several family members dead at the hands of the mafia. He then begins his crusade in his war against the mafia.

I read many of the books when I was a teenager and enjoyed that kind of stuff. I haven't read any since then, so I can't recall if they are literary pieces of art, but they were enjoyable from what I remember and perhaps that's what drew me toward LDing The Punisher.

Anyway, I was just thinking about this old series that I enjoyed a long time ago and thought I'd mention it for anyone that might be interested in what I (and others) consider to be the basis of The Punisher character.

Old June 16th, 2011, 12:38 PM

marv_art has disabled reputation

BIG BANG CHRISTMAS Punisher, made along long time ago, during that Christmas One Shot
Old July 27th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

The second to last sentence in the Shotgun says "Special attack". That last "attack" should be capitalized, or we should redo the language to match our current aesthetic to not call them by their proper names, but instead just say "this special attack".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library