Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 1st, 2010, 02:18 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Kato 200
Yari x3 320 Screen/Encircle Krug/Eldgrim/IG.
Harqs x3 500 (Drop a Yari) Picks apart Gobbies/Golem/Krug(In order of importance.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Kato 200
Yari x3 320 Screen/Encircle Krug/Eldgrim/IG.
Harqs x3 500 (Drop a Yari) Picks apart Gobbies/Golem/Krug(In order of importance.
Ouch, 8 moves per turn... of course Kato needs to see them at all times...
Always wanted to try this:
Laglor - 120
Nakitas - 240
3x G-nators - 480
Isamu, Otonashi - 500

14 hexes, full points.
In theory (as this is a theory challenge) the G's tough ability should handle everything EXCEPT the Yari's special, though that is an unlikely scenario. When using Laglor, move him into a safe (high up!) position and Autoload some bullets into the unsuspecting squads. Use the Nakitas to keep a backup of G's in the rear and slowly advance with them, also using the bonding to move the advance of G'nators up to height. With Laglor's range boost, try and snipe off Kato, when he's gone, the army's strength is cut in half! If necessary, surround Kato so that he can't see his figures, as the Gorillas have a stocky build and can effectively block his LoS if placed correctly. You must be ESPECIALYY cautious to stay as far out of the squads' range (esp. the yari) though with a good fortification on height, you can still kill them off.
Isamu/Otonashi can clean up. O's 10 move can be used to your advantage to get her to Kato if needed (she can move through & has disengage!)

Should work if Kato goes down, though if terrain is flat...

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:44 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post

Ouch, 8 moves per turn... of course Kato needs to see them at all times...
Always wanted to try this:
Laglor - 120
Nakitas - 240
3x G-nators - 480
Isamu, Otonashi - 500
WOLVES OF BADRUx3-240
BRAXAS-450
MARRO WARRIORS-500

Hello there, Mr. All-Smal-Or-Medium army.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:42 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post

WOLVES OF BADRUx3-240
BRAXAS-450
MARRO WARRIORS-500

Marrden Hounds x3 270
Q9 450
Dumutef x2 500 / 24

Send out the Dumies first, not worrying about Braxas (not worrying about anything else, either...they're just a filler meant to try to put in a bit more early hurt). Follow with the pounce- and PAB-immune hounds, wreaking some plague havoc. Also, it won't hurt to have the major sitting next to a bunch of hounds; he's immune as well (soulborg). Follow up with Q9, as good of a clean-up figure as I've seen.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 4th, 2010, 03:56 AM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post

WOLVES OF BADRUx3-240
BRAXAS-450
MARRO WARRIORS-500

Marrden Hounds x3 270
Q9 450
Dumutef x2 500 / 24

Send out the Dumies first, not worrying about Braxas (not worrying about anything else, either...they're just a filler meant to try to put in a bit more early hurt). Follow with the pounce- and PAB-immune hounds, wreaking some plague havoc. Also, it won't hurt to have the major sitting next to a bunch of hounds; he's immune as well (soulborg). Follow up with Q9, as good of a clean-up figure as I've seen.
Okay, let's see here.
Sonlen 160
Drake 230
Theracus 290
Isamu 300
Marro Drones x4 500--17 Hexes

General theory is this:
Marro Drones move out to engage the marrden hounds as they are immune to plague (I think). If they aren't, a good 50 point squad that can move with so many buddies is always good. Once the hounds are tied down, they're Sonlen's.

Drake then uses Theracus to plop on down to Q9. I'd favor 6 attack over 7 defense anyway, and Drake's mobility gives him a better shot at height.

As for the Dumutefs, well, I suppose we have to let Isamu have a little fun. If he can't do it, Sonlen can chew through them in 1 turn (2 if he decides to be a prick with Dragon Swoop).
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:25 AM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Seige-120
Heirloom-210
3xWarforged-450
MW as back up-500

Send out seige to the middle to darw in the drones so that Heirloom canuse his orb on them. The warforged Should be able to take down Drake since he has one attack I would have 3 per OM. Seige should be able to take down the rest with the rest of his warforged.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old October 4th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marroking1 View Post
Seige-120
Heirloom-210
3xWarforged-450
MW as back up-500

Send out seige to the middle to darw in the drones so that Heirloom canuse his orb on them. The warforged Should be able to take down Drake since he has one attack I would have 3 per OM. Seige should be able to take down the rest with the rest of his warforged.
Braxas - 210
Greenscales x2 - 120
Black Wyrmlings x4 - 120
Me-Burq-Sa - 50

500 pts 14 hexes
Braxas/Greenscales lead the advance. Braxas tries to nuke Siege/Heirloom once a turn if possible, then saves her remaining blasts for the WFs. Greenscales follow and with the attack bonus can match/overpower warforged, though they are effectively outnumbered. Should Braxas manage to take out Siege/Heirloom, she will continue spraying WFs. When the bulk of the WF army is down, Wyrmlings head out to clean up, 2 at a time, chipping down the heroes (if any are left) and cleaning up the WFs 2 at a time. At any time, MBS can dash out, null and blast any 1 key figure (ie. if Siege enters hes siege mode, he won't be able to keep up with MBS who can gain height AND null his massive defense.)

Old October 4th, 2010, 06:52 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Braxas - 210
Greenscales x2 - 120
Black Wyrmlings x4 - 120
Me-Burq-Sa - 50

500 pts 14 hexes
Templar Cavalry x3 360
DW9K 500

Never saw that coming, now, did you?

In all fairness, Braxas+Greenscales still has 4 decent attacks, but I think the knights can pull it off. Deathwalker can shoot at clumps around Braxas, and his 9 defense should be able to shrug off a few attacks of 3.
Old October 4th, 2010, 07:53 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
Braxas - 210
Greenscales x2 - 120
Black Wyrmlings x4 - 120
Me-Burq-Sa - 50

500 pts 14 hexes
Templar Cavalry x3 360
DW9K 500

Never saw that coming, now, did you?

In all fairness, Braxas+Greenscales still has 4 decent attacks, but I think the knights can pull it off. Deathwalker can shoot at clumps around Braxas, and his 9 defense should be able to shrug off a few attacks of 3.
Dwarves x3 210 Thia should handle the Templar
Morgrimm 120 Just a bonding option that can easily take out DW9K
Sonlen 160 More auto wounds
Isamu 10 He is just the main point of this army. Everything revolves around him

Total
500pts
15 spaces

Old October 4th, 2010, 08:15 PM

Q9 Kid Woo who?

[/QUOTE]

Dwarves x3 210 Thia should handle the Templar
Morgrimm 120 Just a bonding option that can easily take out DW9K
Sonlen 160 More auto wounds
Isamu 10 He is just the main point of this army. Everything revolves around him

Total
500pts
15 spaces[/QUOTE]

Easy

3x Greenscales 180
Braxas 390
Warriors of Ashra x2 490
Isamu 500

Greenscales and Braxas to blow through dwarves, warriors of ashra to tie up sonlen.

Old October 4th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Fully Baked

Quote:
Easy

3x Greenscales 180
Braxas 390
Warriors of Ashra x2 490
Isamu 500

Greenscales and Braxas to blow through dwarves, warriors of ashra to tie up sonlen.
*cough, Q9, cough*
ooooor, for a little more fun, you could always try:
Tor-Kul-Na - 220
Marrden Hounds x3 - 270
Otonashi - 10

Keep the two heroes separate by moving the only adjacent Hounds away ASAP. 8 Move gets them out pretty fast, and 25% insta-wounding will take care of WoAs and GS pretty fast. 5 defense is solid for a squad and should keep them alive fairly well.

Otonashi can always dash out and wound Braxas if she gets too close (but why would she, there's nothing to spray??)

TKN can stomp out the swarming melee squads, and they HAVE to get up close and personal in order to do anything. They get close to the hounds, they catch Typhus, they get close to TKN, they get squashed (it's theoryscape) they get close to Otonashi... ... ... well not much there, but she's 10 points so no real matter.

Old October 4th, 2010, 11:06 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Deathstalkers x5 500 Immune to stomp AND plague.

I win.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion