Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of The Ruins of Valhalla maps is the best?!
Forsaken Cloister 3 7.50%
Arborshate's Pathway 1 2.50%
By a Common Barrier 0 0%
Ruined Pier 4 10.00%
The Great Wall of Valhalla 12 30.00%
Desecrated Mine 10 25.00%
Hephaestus 2 5.00%
Valda Keep 2 5.00%
Stalwart 3 7.50%
From the Ashes 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 5th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Building Contest: Ruins of Valhalla

Wow! Thanks @NecroBlade ! That's was super fun to read! I'm excited to see what map(s) you've got up your sleeve for that report! Very well written!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 5th, 2016, 07:54 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

@Sir Heroscape , @TREX - thanks for putting on this contest, very 'scaper of you guys to do so.

I don't think I will get an entry in but dignan and I did talk about the contest. He might have an entry coming.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; September 13th, 2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old September 5th, 2016, 09:31 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

Valda Keep (PDF, HSC)

Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 BffU

Valda Keep was once an important fortification in Valhalla. Situated where a highway crossed a river, it also sat upon a powerful magical nexus that invigorated travelers passing through. As such, when the Valkyrie began their wars over the wellsprings, it saw frequent conflicts, and was eventually reduced to ruins. But as the keep still maintains its magic, the battles over the rubble continue to this day.

A small skirmish within the heart of the ruins is about to break into an all-out battle, as four groups from two sides of the war are all converging to provide backup...

Spoiler Alert!

A couple stalagmites go unused, but their shadow tile bases are still needed. Starting zones are easy enough to see - one team gets sand, the other rock. Will you try and win the initial fight over the glyph? Will you send your larger outside force to take on the enemy's smaller force, or send them to help secure the keep?

Pretty happy with the way this one turned out. Been a while since I've sat down to actually design a map rather than making one on the fly for a match.
Old September 6th, 2016, 01:21 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Very cool @master4sword ! thank you for the submission...love the backstory. Honestly the backstories are like my favorite part of these submissions...so fun to read!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 6th, 2016, 09:50 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
Valda Keep (PDF, HSC)

Valda Keep was once an important fortification in Valhalla. Situated where a highway crossed a river, it also sat upon a powerful magical nexus that invigorated travelers passing through. As such, when the Valkyrie began their wars over the wellsprings, it saw frequent conflicts, and was eventually reduced to ruins. But as the keep still maintains its magic, the battles over the rubble continue to this day.

A small skirmish within the heart of the ruins is about to break into an all-out battle, as four groups from two sides of the war are all converging to provide backup...

Spoiler Alert!

A couple stalagmites go unused, but their shadow tile bases are still needed. Starting zones are easy enough to see - one team gets sand, the other rock. Will you try and win the initial fight over the glyph? Will you send your larger outside force to take on the enemy's smaller force, or send them to help secure the keep?

Pretty happy with the way this one turned out. Been a while since I've sat down to actually design a map rather than making one on the fly for a match.
Man, I love your split start zones. It is really going to mess with builds that just want to pod.

I am loving how unique all these builds are and can't wait to play them on NHSD. All of you map builders are doing a bang up job.
Old September 6th, 2016, 10:07 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
@Sir Heroscape, @TREX - thanks for putting on this contest, very 'scaper of you guys to do so.

I'm don't think I will get an entry in but dignan and I did talk about the contest. He might have an entry coming.
If there is a good turn out in participation, I can see this kind of thing happening more often. I never get board of making cool stuff in my shop, and I like to share.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 6th, 2016, 10:12 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I also have to say that @Dignan is one of Sir Heroscape's and my favorite map builders. The tournament we held on his Scraps system will always be one of my favorite tournaments I have participated in or helped host.
Old September 6th, 2016, 10:15 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
I also have to say that @Dignan is one of Sir Heroscape's and my favorite map builders. The tournament we held on his Scraps system will always be one of my favorite tournaments I have participated in or helped host.
Shhhh.. Your going to scare away the other combatants in this map making showdown. @Everyone else, there is no bias here.

Old September 6th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah after I saw Dignan, I became less motivated to finish my map.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 6th, 2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Yeah after I saw Dignan, I became less motivated to finish my map.
I wouldn't let that deter you. Sir Heroscape, Trex, and myself are pretty novice at being judges. I personally have no idea who the veteran map builders are because it has never been a big part of Heroscape to me. I've always cared more about the figures than the map building.

How a map looks and originality are my preferences, and a novice map builder can be just a creative as a veteran. I said Dignan was one of my favorites, but that was due to his Scraps format. I love playing small armies and naturally fell in love with that format. Unfortunately for Dignan, this is not a Scraps format.

Don't let the ancient ones of this forum keep you from making a name for yourself.
Old September 6th, 2016, 01:28 PM
"like" happy

Or trying for a cool dice tower

Old September 6th, 2016, 01:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
Valda Keep (PDF, HSC)

Spoiler Alert!

I like this map quite a bit. Not sure if the tournament crowd will be too enthusiastic for it but it is the type of map I find much more interesting and competitively challenging to play on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games