Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old February 7th, 2010, 05:06 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Some Armies I Made

Hello all,

I made a few armies. They are all 500 pts here they are:

Roman Legos x1
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Roman Archers x1
Major Q9
KMA

MRT x1
Brave Arrow
Axegrinders x1
Migol
Repulsers x1
Zetacron
Omnicron Snipers

Stingers x2
Sonya
CE
Zelrig

Spiders x1
Sujoah
Rats x1
10th reg x1
AE
MW

Isamu
Venoc Warlord
Venoc Vipers
Quasatch
Granite Guards
Elite onyx vipers
Dumutef

Grimnak
Major Q10
Tornak
Blade Gruts
Heavy Gruts
Marcu

Questions, Comments and Concerns?!?

Old February 7th, 2010, 05:21 PM
p-o'd exaderater

LeviofDoom is surprisingly tart
Re: Some Armies I Made

i see that in most of your armies you don't have multiple commons... this is a big concern i would like to say #3 is good. it would be even better if you substituted Zelrig for Nilfheim

My 2011 tourney record: 7-7
My 2010 tourney record: 7-9
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:39 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You also seem to be mixing and matching your themes with "half-and-half" armies. While creative, it doesn't let you capitalize on each portion of the army well.

Take the army with Mohicans, Dwarves, and Omnicrons, for example. While you have good hero/squad pairing in that army, you only picked one squad of each common. That means that the very first figure you lose is going to make that pod work less efficiently than it should. Combine that with three different hero/squad teams, and it's going to be hard to accomplish anything.

Of the offering on display, I'd say the most reliable is the Stings/Vamps/Zelrig because it won't bog you down with too many OM choices. Zelgrig and Cyprien are great for squad control, and the stingers can Juice to take down a pesky Hero.

Old February 7th, 2010, 05:57 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviofDoom View Post
i see that in most of your armies you don't have multiple commons... this is a big concern i would like to say #3 is good. it would be even better if you substituted Zelrig for Nilfheim
That is my problem, I only have one of each commeon except for the Marro that came with MS2.

Old February 7th, 2010, 07:54 PM
p-o'd exaderater

LeviofDoom is surprisingly tart

next time you see duplicates of a common army you like get 2-3 trust me. i had the same problem as you not too long ago.

My 2011 tourney record: 7-7
My 2010 tourney record: 7-9
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:33 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart

Some of these armies are good, but you MUST have more than 1 common squad in each army. It works better.

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion