Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old June 17th, 2021, 12:40 AM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Amberhive Queen Public Playtesting

Played a game tonight against @kevindola . Armies were:

Me: Amberhive Queen + Protectors x4 + Raelin + Kaemon Awa

vs.

kd: Mohicans x5 + Brave Arrow + *redacted* + Marcu

I was doing really well using Raelin's aura + the Bee's SA aura from the Queen to essentially get 1-and-done long range attacks in from the Bees. I kept all of the Amberhive bees in the Aura and would send the Protectors out as necessary to sting some natives. Then as kd's initial Mohican line thinned out I pushed out the Queen on my OM 3 and missed an attack on a Mohican. kd's OM3 then punished the Queen with 3 melee attacks for 4 wounds. There were still 10 Protectors left at this point.

kd ended up winning with 5 Mohicans and Marcu left. I definitely could've/would've won if I kept my passive play with the Queen. I like that the Queen has really good durability against range. You have to search through all of the bees to find good shots on her, or in this game's case, let her leave her pod and take advantage. Keeping her at 8-9 defense on the edge of Raelin's aura while 4 defense bees within Raelin's aura fly out ahead to sacrifice themselves is definitely potent.

That leads to something interesting in the army building. I actually went with Kaemon instead of KMA/Marcu here because I liked Kaemon's cleanup potential without a screen more than the KMAs. If you can trade semi-effectively with Sacrificial Sting, having someone of Kaemon's capabilities in clean up is quite strong, and you can pretty much guarantee he'll be in that position every game.

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old June 21st, 2021, 02:02 PM

Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
just a thought from play testing them the last time, The queen should be a single base so you have a chance to protect her. A double base is too hard to move and protect on most boards. Just my two cents as I start to work with her again.
She is single based, no?

I feel sad we loose the interaction with other insects on this iteration. Hope to see that kind of power one day
It was a cool interaction, but I think it was proving too powerful for what C3V aims for. If I remember correctly she increased the power level of the Red Ants to the point of them being able to go toe to toe with Knights, 10th Regiment, etc. and come out on top.
I can't seem to find the old version, even in that playtest tournament thread. Can someone post the old ability or card so I can get some context?
Old June 21st, 2021, 02:08 PM

Zeldarck knows what's in an order marker Zeldarck knows what's in an order marker Zeldarck knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
just a thought from play testing them the last time, The queen should be a single base so you have a chance to protect her. A double base is too hard to move and protect on most boards. Just my two cents as I start to work with her again.
She is single based, no?

I feel sad we loose the interaction with other insects on this iteration. Hope to see that kind of power one day
It was a cool interaction, but I think it was proving too powerful for what C3V aims for. If I remember correctly she increased the power level of the Red Ants to the point of them being able to go toe to toe with Knights, 10th Regiment, etc. and come out on top.
I can't seem to find the old version, even in that playtest tournament thread. Can someone post the old ability or card so I can get some context?

http://forum.heroscape.free.fr/phpBB...=123387#123387

You can find it here, on the french forum
Old June 21st, 2021, 02:24 PM

Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
She is single based, no?

http://forum.heroscape.free.fr/phpBB...=123387#123387

You can find it here, on the french forum
Thanks! I didn't know the bees were originally Ullar. Would've been nice for Ullar to get his first 4-figure squad.
Old June 24th, 2021, 06:53 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

ok, got to play her a couple of times (me once and Tiamat once).

Map - Honor

I ran Queenie, 3 squads of bees, Nilfheim and the Brute Gruts.

Tiamat: 4 death knights, Azazel and Pyria (play testing).

First of, I do not mind the double base on the Amberhive Queen. I though I was going to hate it. I moved the queen first and brought up four bees, Tiamat advanced Azazel and a couple of Death Knights. We spent the rest of the round positioning bees and death knights, with a few Azazel attacks on bees and two sucide bee attacks on Azazel.

Starting round two, there was many special attacks from the bees. I was able to set up 6 attacks twice, took out Azazel (who came back so it was a waste of bees), and had to constantly use my special to try to get rid of the Death knights. The problem was every success came with the realization that I had lost a bee as well. The bees did thin out the knights, but too many fell to attacks to have any left. I couldn't really attack with the queen, since that would leave her exposed, and I would actually have one fewer attack. Once the bees were done, the queen quickly fell and it was too late for me to try to clean up with Nilf and the Gruts (I did not want to lead with them since I was testing the bee army).

Thoughts: Thematically, I think the queen and the bees are great (though I think they should come from the same general). I have lots of thoughts on the bees, but will try to focus just on the Queen, since she was the playtest. I think she is too fragile, even with the range dice buff. She needs more life since the entire build counts on here staying alive. She could do that if the bees were better (but I digress). I think her range for helping bees should be 5 so they can reach some of the more powerful ranged armies. Right now the 4th can just sit outside of the aura and blast 1 attack bees. I would raise her points to 120, give her another life, and make the aura 5. I will be happy to discuss the bees later.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old June 29th, 2021, 07:31 AM

Zeldarck knows what's in an order marker Zeldarck knows what's in an order marker Zeldarck knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
She is single based, no?

She was for the tournament, but not now, according the first post.
I just get there is a typo in the text version of the card, which say "D&D Large Single", and I didn't saw the "-double spaced figure" under the army card
Old June 29th, 2021, 06:15 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

no problem. We played her single based. I have now used her twice peanut based and it is not too bad. She does fit better on the peanut.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting