Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old June 8th, 2021, 10:20 PM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Doesn't make sense to me that he gets additional attacks the more wounded he gets but you're trying to represent his arms with that. Seems it should work the opposite to me.
My perspective is that he would go to greater depths the more he is hurt.
Old June 8th, 2021, 11:07 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

That's fine, but selling the theme as "he has 4 arms so it's cool he can attack 4 times" implies that it should work more like ClassicScape's Fen Hydra. This design is cetainly more interesting than 2 stat boosting powers and an unblockable power. I think it might be interesting to roll Never Stopping into Warbound to make the power more interesting and aggressive feeling (which a power name Warbound should) and then add a Chemming power. Something like this might be interesting:

CHEMMING
Once per round after taking a turn with Miek, if he did not move, you may take temporary control of an adjacent friendly figure and take an immediate turn with that figure. You may not take any additional turns.

It lets you take turns with teammate's figures in multiplayer games in addition to your own figures which is fun and not something we have many options for right now.
Old June 8th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

That Chemming power feels a bit stronger than anything I ever remember him doing with it in the books. It seems like it's mostly a sixth sense sort of thing.

Warbound is meant to be a shared power for all these characters, so if we rolled Never Stopping in there, they'd all be throwing out unblockables. Also doesn't really sell the theme of what Warbound means IMO - it has to do with their literal bond to one another, so I feel like whatever it does should be based around group unity.
Old June 8th, 2021, 11:42 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I guess my question is what's the goal for the faction? Warbound is a bland power as it stands, if it's a synergy hook, that's fine. But this design doesn't have a ton of incentive to be adjacent right now. Never Stopping is fine, but also a fairly bland power and doesn't seem to synergize with the concept of them staying adjacent. I do like the special attack.

So if the Warbound power is the central focus of the faction, they should be designed get more benefits or offer more synergies to adjacent figures. That's what I was trying to represent with Chemming. I just don't think Never Stopping is contributing to this design and it is just a second bland power after Warbound right now. There's a lot of room to help build an army that wants to pod up, and right now I'm barely feeling any incentive to do that from this design. Never Stopping and the special attack both make me want to charge ahead with Miek and not worry about the Warbound buff at all.

Chemming in general seems like it could be used to offer more synergy to adjacent figures and build a more interesting Warbound army.
Old June 9th, 2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I guess my question is what's the goal for the faction? Warbound is a bland power as it stands, if it's a synergy hook, that's fine. But this design doesn't have a ton of incentive to be adjacent right now. Never Stopping is fine, but also a fairly bland power and doesn't seem to synergize with the concept of them staying adjacent. I do like the special attack.

So if the Warbound power is the central focus of the faction, they should be designed get more benefits or offer more synergies to adjacent figures. That's what I was trying to represent with Chemming. I just don't think Never Stopping is contributing to this design and it is just a second bland power after Warbound right now. There's a lot of room to help build an army that wants to pod up, and right now I'm barely feeling any incentive to do that from this design. Never Stopping and the special attack both make me want to charge ahead with Miek and not worry about the Warbound buff at all.

Chemming in general seems like it could be used to offer more synergy to adjacent figures and build a more interesting Warbound army.
I don't think the Warbound power will be the central focus of the faction. I remember Nobody having the idea that a warbound hulk would have a different power to pull them all together in a specific way.
Old June 9th, 2021, 08:18 AM

Also, I agree with Nobody that the Chemming power is too strong for Miek. His level of telepathy isn't high enough to take control of people.
Old June 9th, 2021, 08:19 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I honestly think it's worth trying to map out the full faction in advance of running something and then deciding which design is the best to start with. It may not be Miek.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 9th, 2021, 04:04 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just me personally I'd like to see a Warbound power on all of their cards, similar to what Fresh has going on with city of heroes.
Some sort of four armed attack, maybe a 1, 2, or 4 dice in any combination thing maybe with defender rolling the same for blocks.
And then I also thought the Chemical Telepathy/Chemming would be cool as a Martians or Mantis style support power for figures with a Warbound special power since he considers them part of his hive.
Old June 9th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Tickle Pickle

I think to make these good and work together, you should focus on encouraging them to be adjacent to other figures you control. Warbound is a synergy tag power for them with World War Hulk, and it's nice, but I don't think it alone is going to drive that. And having the army play together in a tight-knit pod would be fun and interesting.

So I like Warbound, then a special attack and then a third power that encourages you to be adjacent to allies that isn't just another stat boost. You can do something when Chemming there I am sure.
Old June 9th, 2021, 09:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What about something like this?
Quote:
CHEMMING
Wheneve a figure you control would be targeted for a normal attack, you may immediately move Miek up to 5 spaces, as long as he ends his move adjacent to the targeted figure.

NEVER STOPPING
If a figure you control adjacent to Miek attacks an opponent’s figure adjacent to Miek and does not inflict any wounds, roll an unblockable attack die against both of those figures.
That would make it a 4 power card, but they’re all pretty simple and would have some cool interactions IMO.
Old June 9th, 2021, 09:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Eh, I'd cut Never Stopping and go with Warbound, Chemming, and For the Hive.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 13th, 2021, 04:16 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Stayed up a little too late working on these two Beast Boys...

Quote:

NAME = BEAST BOY
SECRET IDENTITY = GAR LOGAN

SPECIES = SIMIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = PROTECTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 50?

SIMIAN CLIMBING 5
When moving normally up levels of height to move onto a space with Beast Boy, you may count up to 5 levels of height as one space. You may ignore Beast Boy's height when climbing.

SUPER THROW 16
After attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure that is not huge. Roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure has the Super Strength special power. If you roll 16 or higher, throw the figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of this Beast Boy. After the figure is placed, roll one unblockable attack die for throwing damage. If the figure is thrown onto a level higher than the height of this Super-Ape or onto water, do not roll for throwing damage. The thrown figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH
Gorilla form would be his only Super Strength form so far, which might be useful, and his Pterosaur form beat the Eagle to Flying, but that one focuses on carrying, while this one is harder to hit and flies slightly faster. So I hope they add enough new play ideas to him. : )

Quote:

NAME = BEAST BOY
SECRET IDENTITY = GAR LOGAN

SPECIES = AVIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = ALERT

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 50?

AVIAN SWIFTNESS
Beast Boy cannot be targeted by non-adjacent attacks. When Beast Boy starts to fly, if he is engaged, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

AERIAL ADVANTAGE
While Beast Boy can use his Flying special power, he is always considered to have height advantage on non-flying figures.

FLYING
These pics are from a few months ago, it's not too hard to separate them, just make sure you don't cut off the bird's toes.

Last edited by Splash; June 1st, 2022 at 03:58 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy