Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old November 6th, 2010, 04:09 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Demons/ghosts and religion

So, that may not be the best title right? Maybe not, but it expresses the point of this thread, and if that's not what a title is for then we're all in for it. Anyway, after posting the thread on ghosts, I noticed a lot of people started to get into the witchcraft/demons/magic kind of area on that thread. Some people are of the opinion that most, if not all 'ghosts' are really demons. I agree. There may be a 'ghost' out there, but the majority are probably demons. Now, if you believe in demons, which I take it most people do, there's probably some sort of 'religious' theme involved. So, perhaps I should call this post something more like "Demons and religion"? Well, I'm not sure which one would put more people off, so I guess I'll leave it the way it is. Or... maybe not. Never mind, I decided to change it a little anyway.

So, this thread is going to be a place for your opinions on demons, hell, the devil, (sounding pretty bad so far) how to stay out of hell (ah. Much better), and various closely related topics. I look forward to your opinions.

- The Grim Reaper's Friend. (kind of spooky name after writing something like that )
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Demons/ghosts and religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
So, this thread is going to be a place for your opinions on demons
They're bad. Although I do like Etrigan with his whole "Gone! Gone! -- the form of man -- Rise, the Demon Etrigan!" shtick.

Quote:
your opinions on hell
It sucks. Don't want to go there.

Quote:
your opinions on the devil
He's bad (as in evil bad. Not cool bad.)

Quote:
your opinions on how to stay out of hell
Try not to sin. (yeah, right) Repent when you do. And mean it.

Old November 6th, 2010, 04:53 PM

Mnygaard is surprisingly tart

This is going to end in flames, Grim, just saying. But as a staunch believer in reason and humanity over superstition and mythological creatures I have to say this:

They are both fictional, much like gods. So's heaven and hell, in whatever religion you subscribe to. As a matter of fact, religion is real only as a social instrument, for which it can be used to do good or bad, depending on whether the people who believe in it are good or bad.

Garden of Athena book 1: Dogs of Hades out now!
Old November 6th, 2010, 05:50 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think demons, angels, hell, ghosts, and whatever else people believe in are a lot like Tooth Fairies.
Old November 6th, 2010, 05:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
Quote:
They're bad. Although I do like Etrigan with his whole "Gone! Gone! -- the form of man -- Rise, the Demon Etrigan!" shtick.

Quote:
your opinions on hell
It sucks. Don't want to go there.

Quote:
He's bad (as in evil bad. Not cool bad.)

Quote:
your opinions on how to stay out of hell
Try not to sin. (yeah, right) Repent when you do. And mean it.

But yeah, this didn't need it's own thread, and there's a 99% chance of it ending badly. Have fun.
Old November 6th, 2010, 09:05 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oi! Are yu guys out of your minds? Copmments pour in so fast, on so many different notes, that I can't get ot them all. Demons, Angels, God, and everything else along those lines is about as far from fiction (or the tooth-fairy) as you can get. I take it you believe in Evolution, yes?
Old November 6th, 2010, 09:10 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Oi! Are yu guys out of your minds? Copmments pour in so fast, on so many different notes, that I can't get ot them all. Demons, Angels, God, and everything else along those lines is about as far from fiction (or the tooth-fairy) as you can get. I take it you believe in Evolution, yes?
Calling people out of their minds isn't very nice, and 6 pages isn't a whole lot to read.

And what does evolution have to do with anything?
Old November 6th, 2010, 09:10 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Old November 6th, 2010, 09:17 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I look forward to your opinions.
Quote:
Oi! Are yu guys out of your minds?
This will not go well. Not at all.

My opinion . . .

None of it is real. Not ghosts, demons, religion, god(s), heaven or hell. It's all made up by man to try and understand that which is difficult to understand. We are no different than grass or frogs. We live, we die, we go back to the earth. That is all. Nothing more.
Old November 6th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Things people made up so they could blame someone else.

Quote:
Some people are of the opinion that most, if not all 'ghosts' are really demons.
Or just things made up.

Quote:
Now, if you believe in demons, which I take it most people do, there's probably some sort of 'religious' theme involved
Demon's exist only due to religion.

Quote:
Made up again to give people an excuse for their failures. You see, I was TEMPTED so it's not truly my fault. It's a great crutch added in Christianity (Note, there is no devil in that sense in the Old Testament).

Quote:
Well see, there's this really cool thing called evidence. There is tons of it, all matching predictions made by actual scientists.

However, there is no evidence of Demons. No evidence of Angels. No evidence for God (at least an active one intervening in human affairs on any sort of basis). Evolution has been tested. It perfectly explains why snakes are occasionally born with legs, why whales are sometimes born with feet, why humans are sometimes born with tails, and why the Giraffe's Laryngeal nerve is so stupidly long ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO1a1...layer_embedded ).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 6th, 2010, 09:24 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

And yet all that evidence still can't explain the very cornerstone of the theory: macroevolution.

EDIT: Or for that matter, how life came from non-life. Gee, if only proving evolution was as easy as explaining snakes with legs...

Last edited by Frylock; November 6th, 2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old November 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I'm pretty sure an afterlife/ghosts/demons doesn't exist. You need a brain for your conscious self to exist. It seems to me that a lot of proposals of positive afterlifes are based largely on wishful thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
And yet all that evidence still can't explain the very cornerstone of the theory: macroevolution.

EDIT: Or for that matter, how life came from non-life. Gee, if only proving evolution was as easy as explaining snakes with legs...
Life coming from non-life isn't evolution, it's abiogenesis.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; November 6th, 2010 at 10:05 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General