Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 21st, 2007, 09:15 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
I like the idea of changing it to a D20 based ability (11 or 14?), especially now that it is in addition to a normal attack.

I REALLY like the idea of using the tagawa samuri like ability on soulborgs... very nice. I will come up with something to put on the card.

I would love to give Michaelangelo an ability called Cowabunga, but I can see the same ability used by characters like Man-Bat and other sort of diving charge characters.

Would it be alright to use the power as:

Diving Charge
Special Attack
Range 2. Attack 6/7
When Michaelangelo falls from a height that would normally cause him to take falling damage, he may ingnore this damage if he lands adjacent to an enemy figure. Michaelangelo may then make an immediate attack against this figure. Roll 6 dice. The defender rolls defence normally. If Michaelangelo was falling from a height that would normally cause him to take extreme falling damage, his will roll 7 attack dice instead.

In terms of a power for Donatello...

Technological Mastery
For every Soulborg figure that Donatello destroys, place a purple Experience Marker on this card. When attacking with Donatello, check if the figure he is attacking is a Soulborg. If it is, the Soulborg rolls one less defence die for each Experience Marker on this card (to a minimum of 1) A maximum of 3 Experience Markers can be placed on this card.

Then of course the Hot Headed Raphael...

I could give him Diving Charge as well... or maybe Counterstrike. The other idea is to have two cards for Raphael. One represents him when he is under control (rounded stats), the next represents him when he loses control (ie. less defence, more attack.) I don't know about him though...

Then I wonder if Leonardo is balanced with the others. In my opinion he should be the best of the lot, but do you think he still will be after these changes??? Maybe I should make it that his Protection is an optional ability if his brothers are attacked instead of wounded... or would that make it too powerful??

Cheers for the help on these, I'm not sure how to proceed with these.

Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old July 21st, 2007, 09:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nah, I say keep it as Cowabunga. Man-Bat would never risk falling damage, since he's a flying character. And any non flying characters that want to use it ... ? Well, they just have to learn the lingo.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 21st, 2007, 10:13 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Alright the rest of the gang is here. One at a time here we go:

Donatello - Woah, Trip is pretty cool. I never heard of anything like that, very original. There are some wording issue though . Try this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Special Attack
Choose a single space figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Donatello to be attacked by Trip Special Attack. If Trip Special Attack inflicts at least 1 wound, place the affected figure on its back. The affected figure rolls 2 less defense dice (to a minimum of 1) and may not attack while on its back. An affected figure may stand up during its turn and no longer be affected by Trip Special Attack. It takes 3 movement spaces to stand up.
It's not perfect yet, but give me a couple more tries and it'll be there. *Just relized a major problem here. You need to add some type of height limit/requirement to Triping a figure two spaces away.* Now Technological Mastery is cool too. Again wording problems, bt not to severe here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technological Mastery
For every Soulborg that Donatello destroys, place a purple Experiance Marker on this card. For every purple Experiance Marker on this card Soulborgs roll one less defense die (to a minimum of 1) when attacked by Donatello. A maximum of 3 purple Experiance Markers may be placed on this card.
Now questions/comments.
1-Why make the Trip SA effect single space units? You could just say small or medium, since there is only 1 single space Large or Huge (Deathwalker 9000). It also makes it a slightly easier read if you change this, but it's not a big deal.
2-Stated before, Trip NEEDS a height limit. How can Donatello attack a figure he sees 2 spaces a way, but 20 spaces lower? This is the problem with all Reach, Knock-back, Push rules, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix.
3-I'm with Batman on the Life thing, but Leonardo having 5 while the rest have 4 is good with me. To show Raphael is stronger just give him a higher defense.
4-You may want to consider having Technilogical Mastery add attack dice since he already makes figures loose defense from trip, just change it up a little. That is really insignificant though.
5-Points-wise I say keep him at 170 even with Technological Mastery, it is specific and I thought he was a little overpriced beforehand.

I will get to the rest in my next post.

PS: I don't know if others feel this way, but I'm much more inclined to take a look at a single custom at a time rather than 5 or 6. The Ninja Turtles are fine as these three at once, but I'm just taking the opportunity to say that multiple customs at once, like when 20 supers come out at once, makes it harder for me to look at. Just a suggestion not to do that too often.

Old July 21st, 2007, 10:35 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Raphael (Resident Hot Head)

Vegence is cool, but it needs help. I think it works better with a marker, but that just my
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengence
If Raphael is wounded by an opponet's figure, place a Vengence Marker on that figure's card. When Raphael takes a turn if possible he must attack a figure with a Vengence Marker on its card.
Questions/Comments.
1-I would give an incentive for Rapheal to have Vengence, not only as a weakness. Something like he has to attack the figure, but he gets an extra attack so it is worthwhile to do it.
2-Like I said I think Vengence is simpler with a marker.
3-I would not go the route of two cards for Raphael, reason being if he has two cards then what is to say the other turtles don't get out of hand sometimes and should have a second card.
4-With just Vengence(as worded), which is fine, and his life lowered to 4 (said in a previous post). Raphael should cost no more than 100pts(I think Drake could take him down without too much trouble).

Michealangelo next...

Old July 21st, 2007, 10:40 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Quote:
For every Soulborg that Donatello destroys, place a purple Experiance Marker on this card. For every purple Experiance Marker on this card Soulborgs roll one less attack dice (to a minimum of 1) when attacked by Donatello. A maximum of 3 purple Experiance Markers may be placed on this card.
You mean the Soulborgs roll one less defense die, right? Both for agreement sake (1 - die) and for gameplay sake (defense, not attack).
And, yes, I agree that it's a lot easier to critique one at a time rather than a bunch at a time, which is why the TNT is a Godsend. And also why I get few critiques in my own thread.
Yet at the same time I want to be able to display what I've done, so it's a bit of a catch 22.

edit: Great critiques in general, though, Hi, and I agree with everything you've said, particularly about Technological Mastery being an offensive bonus for Donatello instead of a defensive penalty for Soulborgs, and with Raphael getting attack dice incentive for the Vengence power.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 21st, 2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Quote:
For every Soulborg that Donatello destroys, place a purple Experiance Marker on this card. For every purple Experiance Marker on this card Soulborgs roll one less attack dice (to a minimum of 1) when attacked by Donatello. A maximum of 3 purple Experiance Markers may be placed on this card.
You mean the Soulborgs roll one less defense die, right? Both for agreement sake (1 - die) and for gameplay sake (defense, not attack).
And, yes, I agree that it's a lot easier to critique one at a time rather than a bunch at a time, which is why the TNT is a Godsend. And also why I get few critiques in my own thread.
Yet at the same time I want to be able to display what I've done, so it's a bit of a catch 22.

edit: Great critiques in general, though, Hi, and I agree with everything you've said, particularly about Technological Mastery being an offensive bonus for Donatello instead of a defensive penalty for Soulborgs, and with Raphael getting attack dice incentive for the Vengence power.
Thanks Batman! and it does say Defense dice, cheack your eyes.

IAmBatman: Cheater

EDIT: Shhhh...

EDIT2: I still messed up had to change dice to die.

Old July 21st, 2007, 11:14 PM

Michaelangelo.

Throw Insult SA should NOT be an SA since it does not replace the attack. Its just a Special Ability not a Special Attack (which I just realized are both SA). Also to the simpler wording:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Insult
After attacking Michaelanglo may choose one figure up to 6 clear sight spaces away. Roll 4 dice on the affected figure. If Throw Insult would inflict at least 1 wound ignore the wound(s). Instead the affected figure must take its next turn to move, in the shortest path possible, towards Michealangelo and attack him. The attacking figure may only roll half of its attack dice (fractions rounded up).
It's still a little clunky.
I wouldn't make Cowabunga (yes keep that name ) a Special Attack. Also I like that he takes a penalty to do it, but either way is good. Your wording is good, just change a couple things:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga :D
When Michaelangelo falls from a height that would normally cause him to take falling damage, he may ingnore this damage if he lands adjacent to an enemy figure. Michaelangelo may then make an immediate attack against this figure with an extra 2 attack dice. If Michaelangelo was falling from a height that would normally cause him to take extreme falling damage, ignore the damage and and 3 to Donatello's attack.
Comments/Questions.
1-I like him a lot amd can't think of anything much to say.
2-I say 170 points for this guy is good. Falling damage does not come up too often especially with an opponent nearby. I could see him at 180 though.

Old July 21st, 2007, 11:23 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
First of all, you guys are legends, you have really helped me alot and I ever so much appreciate it.

The reason I put them all up was I felt they should work together and they are a team. In future I won't post heaps at once.

OK... here we go

I have made some changes to beef up Raphael a bit, make Michaelangelo more attractive (not looks wise) and added Donatello's Soulborg ability... and yes I changed it to attack dice

After doing all this, I am worried that Leonardo is no longer the best of the four. Can I please have some opinions on this. I was wondering if I should boost his defence or attack by 1... don't know though. I don't want to overpower them all.

Here they are anyway. Hope you like.

Raphael http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller..._version_2.jpg

Donatello
http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller..._version_2.jpg

Michaelangelo
http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller..._version_2.jpg

EDIT: I will edit Michaelangelo and repost... hehe oh well

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:24 PM

Just a couple of quick tweaks here ... changes in bold. The only real change I made in the actual ability is that it gives a penalty on the attack number, instead of the halving (I don't like any power that specifies which way you have to round - that might just be me, though. I prefer to just stick to whole numbers as often as possible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Insult
After attacking, Michaelanglo may choose one figure up to 6 clear sight spaces away and roll 4 attack dice once. If Throw Insult would inflict at least 1 wound, ignore the wound(s). Instead the affected figure must take its next turn to move, in the shortest path possible, towards Michealangelo and attack him with a normal attack. The attacking figure must subtract 4 dice from its normal attack, down to a minimum of one die for this attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga :D
When Michaelangelo falls from a height that would normally cause him to take falling damage, he may ingnore this damage if he lands adjacent to an enemy figure. Michaelangelo may then make an immediate attack against this figure with an extra 2 attack dice. If Michaelangelo was falling from a height that would normally cause him to take extreme falling damage, ignore the damage and and 3 to Michealangelo's attack.
I think 170 would still be a bit high. One thing for Cowabunga that needs specifying - would the bonus apply to just his initial attack, or both attacks (since he has double attack)?
I'd agree that it's a bit more fun if he has to risk the falling damage to get the bonus, but that's just me. Kind of a risk/reward thing. But it'd also mean lowering his cost a bit.

Old July 21st, 2007, 11:29 PM

Real quick before I continue: Excessive Counterstrike CANNOT work if people use blue dice, then every side is a shield. I would say use Valkarie dice and then its a good power.

EDIT: Same thing for the new Vengence power.

Old July 21st, 2007, 11:39 PM

I'm just about to go out to lunch, but before I go, just quickly.

I'll change it to Cowabunga

I will specify that Michaelangelo's 'Cowabunga' is only relevant for the first attack, then he reverts to his normal attack.

I like the changes regarding the halving of attack. I too think it is simpler to specify an exact amount.

I forgot to change the Throw insult to a D20 ability, so I'll probably do that as well.

In regards to the blue dice... does anyone still use them?? Also I'd worry about using Valkyrie Dice as I think even less people would have them. (i've only just got my flag bearer set... it's not available her in the great land of Oz) it just seems like a wasted opportunity. I don't mind putting either as long as it will be able to be used.

I'll fix them up later. Cheers again. You guys rock.
Ben.

Old July 21st, 2007, 11:49 PM

I use red and blue dice exclusively. I have two Mastersets and that's what they both came with.
Hope that doesn't make me too much of a wierdo!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations