Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old May 26th, 2021, 04:51 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
The ScapeCon Rulings Thread

These are the rulings we will be following at ScapeCon. The second post will have all rulings that are different from the GenCon rulings thread.

General Questions:
Q: Something out of the ordinary has happened before/during the game. What should I do?
A: Call a judge IMMEDIATELY. The judges are there to handle any problems that arise. Please do not just keep going if something is wrong with the game state, and don't wait until after the game to tell someone.

Q: How do figure limits work?
A: If an event has a figure limit, that's the maximum number of figures you can place during setup. You may place more than 24 hexes worth of figures in an event with a figure limit.

Q: How do you place more than 24 hexes worth of figures during setup?
A: If the placed figures in the army require more than 24 start zone spaces, place the minimum number of additional start zone tiles needed adjacent to the back of the start zone. Additional starting zone spaces must be generic land tiles (grass, sand, or rock). All additional start zone tiles placed must be adjacent to standard start zone spaces, cannot be placed adjacent to a space that is not in the start zone, and should be the same level as the adjacent standard start zone spaces (if possible).

Q: Can you sit figures if you aren't over the figure/hex limit?
A: No. The rules don't say you can, so you can't.

Q: Are 3D printed figures allowed?
A: Yes, so long as they exactly match the size of the official figures. Further, please make sure your paint job clearly marks the difference between hit zones and non-hit zones.

Q: When removing an opponent's Order Marker with an ability (Mind Flayer Mastermind, Fyorlag Spiders, etc.), do you choose which Order Marker to remove?
A: Yes. Choose one Order Marker on that army card and remove it. However, you may not look at it.

Q: Partial or Full card scoring?
A: Partial.

Q: Do Mezzodemon Warmonger's Exoskeletons and Vulcanmech Incendiborgs' Redundant System markers count towards partial card scoring?
A: YES. If you bring 2x Mezzos, you have 4 figures and 4 markers. If, at the end of the game, you have 1 figure and 2 markers left, you have 48.75 points remaining (130 points of Mezzos brought to the game x 3/8 Mezzos/markers remaining).

Q: Do Axentia's lost lives count towards PCS?
A: Just like Mezzos and Vulcs, YES.

Q: I want to be on that side of the map and so does my opponent.
A: Roll for it. High roll picks.

Q: Are the glyphs static for the map?
A: We randomize a specific glyph set each year and place them (randomly but avoid doubles of the same glyphs) on the maps after we’ve built the maps. The glyphs then remain on that map for the whole Con.

Q: What do I do if I rolled too many or too few dice?
A: If you rolled too few dice, you keep what you rolled and just roll the extra die or dice. If you rolled too many dice, your opponent chooses to either have you keep your roll or make you reroll with the correct number of dice.

Q: Is "placing" the same as "moving" for purposes of Engagement Strike or starting on Molten Lava?
A: Yes.

Q: What triggers first, lava field or Wannok? What about other end-of-round powers?
A: Resolve all lava fields first (in turn order if necessary), then roll for Wannok. If units have end of round abilities, resolve those last. Resolve these player-by-player, dicing off for who resolves all of their own abilities first.

Questions About Specific Units:
Airborne Elite
Q: If time is called do I still get to roll for the drop for Airborne?
A: No. You finish the current round; you don't start a new round.

Airborne Elite and Rechets of Bodgan
Q: Do they count towards starting zone hex/figure limits?
A: Yes.

Mezzodemon Warmongers
Q: If you drop any Mezzodemon Warmongers during setup, do you still receive their Exoskeleton markers?
A: No. You receive one Exoskeleton marker for each Mezzodemon Warmonger in your starting zone.

How the Heck Do Ladders Work?
Small and medium figures can choose to ignore a ladder when moving down (but not when moving up).

Moving onto a ladder (when not already on that ladder):
If you must climb over an obstacle such as a battlement to access the ladder, count movement for climbing as usual. Then, consider the figure’s base level to be the level it has climbed to when considering its position relative to the ladder.

If a figure is more than 1 level above the highest rung of the ladder, it cannot move onto the ladder and must move to the landing space. Falling rules may apply.

If a figure is on the same level as the ladder's landing space, it must move to the landing space first.

If a figure is not on the same level as the landing space, it may move to a rung that is the same level as the figure's base, or one level higher or lower than the figure's base. 1 movement point.

Moving off of a ladder (from any rung) onto a non-ladder space (including the landing space):
If the space is more than 1 level higher, or if you are at a lower level than a battlement, railing, or ruin between the spaces, use normal movement rules for climbing.

If the space is a lower level, same level, or up to 1 level higher than current level (and there is nothing to climb over), move onto the space for 1 movement point.* Falling rules, heavy snow, and slippery ice still apply.

Questions About Specific Formats:
Betrayal
Q: How do you pick what units you're stealing in Betrayal?
A: You pick simultaneously and secretly. I suggest grabbing all of your opponent's cards, looking at them under the table, and then revealing who you picked, as your opponent does the exact same thing with your cards.

Multiplayer Madness
Q: If my opponent recovers points (ex: healing Cyprien, cloning Marro Warriors, etc.), do I lose those points?
A: No, you still scored those points. Bringing healing/reviving figures in your army will give your opponents the ability to score points off them more times than they normally could.

Q: Do I score points if I damage my own units?
A: No. Stop it.

Last edited by OEAO; May 8th, 2023 at 02:31 PM.
Old May 26th, 2021, 04:53 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The ScapeCon Rulings Thread

ScapeCon-specific rulings:

Q: Partial or Full card scoring?
A: Partial.

Q: What do I do if I rolled too many or too few dice?
A: If you rolled too few dice, you keep what you rolled and just roll the extra die or dice. If you rolled too many dice, your opponent chooses to either have you keep your roll or make you reroll with the correct number of dice.

Betrayal
Q: How do you pick what units you're stealing in Betrayal?
A: You pick simultaneously and secretly. I suggest grabbing all of your opponent's cards, looking at them under the table, and then revealing who you picked, as your opponent does the exact same thing with your cards.

Multiplayer Madness
Q: If my opponent recovers points (ex: healing Cyprien, cloning Marro Warriors, etc.), do I lose those points?
A: No, you still scored those points. Bringing healing/reviving figures in your army will give your opponents the ability to score points off them more times than they normally could.

Q: Do removing Exoskeletons count as dealing damage?
A: No. you get 32.5 each time you actually kill a Mezzo.

Q: Do I score points if I damage my own units?
A: No. Stop it.

Last edited by OEAO; June 1st, 2021 at 11:44 PM.
Old May 5th, 2023, 06:43 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

New Rulings Added 5/5/23:

Q: Something out of the ordinary has happened before/during the game. What should I do?
A: Call a judge IMMEDIATELY. The judges are there to handle any problems that arise. Please do not just keep going if something is wrong with the game state, and don't wait until after the game to tell someone.

Q: How do figure limits work?
A: If an event has a figure limit, that's the maximum number of figures you can place during setup. You may place more than 24 hexes worth of figures in an event with a figure limit.

Q: How do you place more than 24 hexes worth of figures during setup?
A: If the placed figures in the army require more than 24 start zone spaces, place the minimum number of additional start zone tiles needed adjacent to the back of the start zone. Additional starting zone spaces must be generic land tiles (grass, sand, or rock). All additional start zone tiles placed must be adjacent to standard start zone spaces, cannot be placed adjacent to a space that is not in the start zone, and should be the same level as the adjacent standard start zone spaces (if possible).

Q: Do Mezzodemon Warmonger's Exoskeletons and Vulcanmech Incendiborgs' Redundant System markers count towards partial card scoring?
A: YES. If you bring 2x Mezzos, you have 4 figures and 4 markers. If, at the end of the game, you have 1 figure and 2 markers left, you have 48.75 points remaining (130 points of Mezzos brought to the game x 3/8 Mezzos/markers remaining).

Last edited by OEAO; May 5th, 2023 at 07:31 PM.
Old May 8th, 2023, 02:28 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Axentia?
Old May 8th, 2023, 02:31 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Axentia?
Thanks- added.
Old July 10th, 2023, 02:14 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As someone whose collection is about 50% 3d printed I'd like some clarification about this:

Q: Are 3D printed figures allowed?
A: Yes, so long as they exactly match the size of the official figures. Further, please make sure your paint job clearly marks the difference between hit zones and non-hit zones.

So paint jobs are required, and paint jobs that are good are required. That's fine with me since I paint all mine. But now I've got questions about my official figures. My Nilfheim is missing one arm--is he allowed? One squad of Warriors of Ashra are leaning back on their bases--are they allowed? Where is the line drawn between original figures that have minor damage and 3d figures without a "clear" paint job? If I'm playing 5 squads of original sculpts of 4th Mass but I actually own 10 squads, do I have to have exactly 5 of each of the 4 sculpts for the army to be tournament legal? Or can I just pull any 20 figures from the pile as long as they are 4th Mass?
Old July 10th, 2023, 05:14 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

In the past, the requirement for painted 3D figures has not been enforced. Maybe that will change, and I do think it helps to have them painted, but I think from a gameplay perspective the "hit zone" argument is a pretty small part of painting a figure. You can see hitzones without paint.

As for the other questions:
1. broken figures I presume are fine. I've seen those in the past. Bent figures have always seem like it can kind of cross a line, but I think as long as long as you're not intentionally bending your Raelin so her head can see around trees you're good.
2. I think you should one of each sculpt that come with squad. Again, if you're being reasonable and have a mistake of one or two figures it's probably fine, but don't intentionally bring only the Deathchaser with the sword sticking out so Raelin can him see better.
Old July 10th, 2023, 05:51 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Agree with Vegie on all counts (although, of course, my opinions aren't official in any way). I know I always carefully make sure I have one of each sculpt, including rats & spiders (which is a real pain).

If you have bent/broken figures and LOS is close, I've always assumed you'd lean towards the side that benefits your opponent. For whatever that's worth.

Also, it's pretty easy to borrow any figs at ScapeCon as well, for whatever that's worth too.
Old July 10th, 2023, 08:18 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

It’s more about integrity here than the actual “rule” in a lot of aspects. If you forgot your Isamu but were supposed to bring him but you have a different ninja with the Isamu card and nobody you ask has an extra (which is very unlikely) than sure you can use Otonashi or whoever as Isamu.

I’ve allowed Venoc Warlord as Isamu at GenCon before because it was just a misplaced figure in day 4 of the con. It happens. Not a big deal.

I’m surprised about the painted figure rule. I’ll follow up with Mike about that.

As long as you’re not purposefully trying to get some sort of advantage I think most issues could be worked out.

Edit: Curious why you ask. Are you able to attend this year?

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; July 10th, 2023 at 09:41 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon