Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 9th, 2010, 03:46 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool CLVI Legion- Legoboy's 5th Grade HeroScape Club

This thread is primarily intended to be a place for students from my class to post their questions about the game, their own thoughts and strategies about HeroScape and to talk a bit of trash with one another.

If you are not a member of our club, feel free to read and make your own submissions to the thread. Before posting, please be aware that this thread will frequently be read by minors and is part of a sanctioned elementary school activity. I will be policing this thread frequently and will request moderator and administrator support to help keep this thread clean.

Our club is made up from students from my class, along with Captain Canuck and myself. The majority of our members have not played HeroScape before and are learning this year as part of a behavior reward system that I have in place in the classroom.

(I'm attempting to get this thread organized into some sort of cohesive fashion. Pardon my mess.)
(These will hopefully be links in the near future, so viewers can skip to the season they want to see.)

Season 1- 2010-2011 (These pics are all lost. Not sure which site I stored them on, but that site is no longer around.) (Dang.)
Season 2- 2011-2012 -Begins with post 113
Season 3- 2012-2013 -Begins with post 136
Season 4- 2013-2014 -Begins with post 142
SummerScape 2014 "What's Up Dund?" - Begins with post 147
Season 5- 2014-2015 -Post 150
Season 6- 2015-2016 -Post 151
Season 7- 2017-2018 -Post 152
Season 8- 2018-2019 -Begins with post 153

I keep track of my stats and other club-related data using the Tournament Director created by Sisyphus. Even though I am not running a tournament, it still keeps track of the records in an easy-to-learn format. The link to the tournament director software is posted below.

Some Useful Links
Battleplan for HeroScape Our Club Maps Tournament Director
Captain Canuck and My Predict the Winner Thread

Where to Buy
HouseMouseGames WarGamersHeadquarters CoolStuffInc

Last edited by legoboy; November 10th, 2018 at 02:20 AM. Reason: I'm attempting to get this thread organized into some sort of cohesive fashion. Pardon my mess.
Old November 28th, 2010, 01:11 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Re: Legoboy's 5th Grade HeroScape Club

Tomorrow is our first club meeting. I have about ten players lined up ready to play. The boys will use my extra RotV figs to build their 500 point armies, unless they have their own figures at home. If they have figs from home, its anyone's guess as to what army they will use.

As for myself, I have composed an army that allows some synergy, but isn't overly powerful.

Legoboy's Army
Dund
Nakita Agents
Gorillanators x3

We will be playing our battles on Hasbro's own map, Soulrazor Canyon.
It seems like a nice small map that will allow speedy play without having an overabundance of terrain specific rules.

I think I'll have the kids post their armies before we play. I will try to get some pics and post these as well. I have a busy week coming, so I'm not sure how soon I will have pics or other posts up and ready.

Last edited by legoboy; November 10th, 2018 at 01:16 AM.
Old November 28th, 2010, 06:57 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Legoboy's 5th Grade HeroScape Club

Wow...haven't played on Soulrazor in a loooooooooong time. Thanks for the link . I am glad to have more people involved in 'scape at a young age. Oh, and have a blast with that army. It's a little ranged heavy though.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 28th, 2010, 08:12 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wish I was in your class!
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:41 AM

Lightbulb First Club Meeting

So on Monday our little club of fifth graders met for the first time. 9 new players and I met for our meeting with wild enthusiasm. After getting the kids set up with accounts on here (their parents need to do the rest) we selected armies (with help from Battleplan) and got to playing. All five battles were played on Hasbro's map Soulrazor Canyon and played without glyphs.

All the kids chose armies from my extra supply of RotV figures. I brought an army from home.

Agent 'Te choose an army featuring Agent Carr, Syvarris, Thorgrim, Raelin and Airborne Elite.

Fireheart quickly picked his army with Grimnak, Sgt. Drake Alexander, Ne-Gok-Sa, Zettian Guards, Izumi Samurai and Tarn Viking Warriors.

Firestar9 selected Grimnak, Syvarris, Ne-Gok-Sa, Krav Maga Agents and Izumi Samurai.

Hotshot10 used Grimnak, Agent Carr, Airborne Elite, Krav Maga Agents and Izumi Samurai.

Iceworshipper (after deliberating on his name) decided upon Grimnak, Ne-Gok-Sa, Raelin, Krav Maga Agents, Tarn Viking and Marro Warriors.

Krug12 adopted Mimring, Sgt. Drake Alexander, Airborne Elite, Izumi Samurai and Tarn Viking Warriors.

Legoboy (me) brought along an army from home featuring Dund, Nakita Agents and Gorillanators x3.

Redman8 drafted Grimnak, Agent Carr, Finn, Thorgrim, Tarn Viking and Marro Warriors.

RedRobbin234 choose Sgt. Drake Alexander, Ne-Gok-Sa, Finn, Airborne Elite, Izumi Samurai and Tarn Viking Warriors.

Streetballer 10 went with Deathwalker 9000, Sgt. Drake Alexander, Airborne Elite, Zettian Guards and Izumi Samurai.

Unfortunately, our club has to leave at a certain time, so we only played a few rounds. Wins were determined by points left standing on the board.

Krug12 and Fireheart really got into their game on their way to a tie.

Hotshot destroyed Iceworshipper's Grimnak while en route to a win.

Legoboy reacts as RedRobbin and Ne-Gok-Sa mindshackle the Nakita Agents. RedRobbin relished his sweet victory.

Streetballer and Redman ponder their next moves. The pair go on to end in a tie.

Firestar destroyed Agent Te's associate, Agent Carr, before claiming a victory.

I guess we'll keep track of standings, just because ten and eleven year old boys (and 37 year olds like me) tend to be competitive. Wins are worth three points, ties are worth one point, losses are good at building character.

T-1st RedRobbin 3 points (1-0-0)
T-1st Firestar 3 points (1-0-0)
T-1st Hotshot 3 points (1-0-0)
T-4th Streetballer 1 point (0-0-1)
T-4th Redman 1 point (0-0-1)
T-4th Fireheart 1 point (0-0-1)
T-4th Krug12 1 point (0-0-1)
T-8th Agent 'Te 0 points (0-1-0)
T-8th Iceworshipper 0 points (0-1-0)
T-8th Legoboy 0 points (0-1-0)

Thanks to all the guys who came out. We will play again soon. Be sure to bring your ideas for two different armies so that we can get playing right away. If any of you are bringing figures from home, make sure that your army does not go over 500 points. Good luck, and happy 'Scaping.

Last edited by legoboy; December 1st, 2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old December 1st, 2010, 03:58 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You left Agent Te off of your standings and I'm sure he's going to come back and move up the rankings!
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:12 AM

Cool Re: Legoboy's 5th Grade HeroScape Club

Monday after school our club was back for more classic 'Scape action.

This time around we played on two of AliasQTip's maps, the Cavern Labyrinth Battlefield and the Limestone Caves of Laur Battlefield. Both are constructed from only one RotV and make for interesting dynamics. I really liked the chasms on the cavern maps, I thought they made great use of the lack of tiles. Players were allowed to fire or fly across the chasms, but could not walk on the printed tiles below the first level of tiles. You can check out more of AliasQTip's work at his site here.

Cavern Labyrinth

Limestone Caves of Laur

This week eleven students and Captain Canuck played while I roamed about snapping pictures and answering questions/ providing strategy tips. Players selected 500 point armies from my RotV extras or brought armies from home. Krug12 wasn't with us this week, but three new players(Lucky Dogg, Unnamed Player 1 and Unnamed Player 2) joined in the fun.

Agent 'Te played shorthanded with Agent Carr, Syvarris, Thorgrim, Raelin and the Airborne Elite.

Captain Canuck brough along the always indomitable Steamroller: Spartacur, Crixus and Capuan Gladiators x3.

Fireheart played Mimring, Grimnak, Syvarris, Zettian Guards and Izumi Samurai.

Firestar brought figures from home to assist in his battle. Grimnak and a squad of Blade Gruts joined Drake, Ne-Gok-Sa, Izumi Samurai and Marro Warriors for his battle.

Hotshot choose Drake, Agent Carr, Raelin, Airborne Elite and Krav Maga Agents.

Iceworshipper used Grimnak, Ne-Gok-Sa, Raelin, Krav Maga Agents, Tarn Vikings and Marro Warriors.

Lucky Dogg decided upon Mimring, Grimnak, Raelin, Krav Maga Agents and Marro Warriors.

Redman8 decided to roll with Drake, Finn, Raelin, Airborne Elite and Marro Warriors.

RedRobbin also went shorthanded with Grimnak, Ne-Gok-Sa, Finn, Thorgrim, Tarn Vikings and Marro Warriors.

Streetballer picked up Deathwalker 9000, Drake, Airborne Elite, Zettian Guards and Izumi Samurai.

Unnamed Player 1 picked out Mimring, Agent Carr, Ne-Gok-Sa, Thorgrim and Raelin.

Unnamed Player 2 drafted Grimnak, Drake, Syvarris, Airborne Elite and the Izumi Samurai into his army.

Before playing we talked about the importance of keeping ranged figures away from your opponent's melee troops and using Raelin as a support figure, not as an attacker unless forced to.

Captain Canuck and Unnamed Player 2 faced off in the Limestone Caves.

Captain Canuck's Capuans charge Unnamed Player 2's Izumi Samurai while Crixus and Drake watch on.

Agent 'Te battled Lucky Dogg in the Cavern Labyrinth.

Syvarris, encouraged by Raelin fires away at Grimnak and a Marro Warrior (who is being portrayed by a Knight of Weston.)

Hotshot and Unnamed Player 1 squared off.

Unnamed Player 1's Raelin (who surprisingly resembles Dr. Doom) directs the Marro Warriors into battle against Hotshot's Airborne Elite. I still haven't figured out how UP1 ended up with Marro.

RedRobbin played against Firestar in the Limestone Caverns (which proved to be a touch tricky to maneuver within).

Ne-Gok-Sa directs Firestar's Blade Gruts as they scurry through the caverns.

Iceworshipper and Redman8 clashed in and above the Limestone Caves.

Iceworshipper's Krav Maga hurry through the caves to repel Redman's advancing troops.

Fireheart and Streetballer went toe-to-toe in the dark of the Cavern Labyrinth.

Streetballer's Deathwalker 9000 takes a risky shot at one of Fireheart's Samurai. Neither was wounded in the exchange.

I'll put the results in another post, this one has gotten long enough.

Last edited by legoboy; December 9th, 2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: added pics and results
Old December 9th, 2010, 01:24 AM

When the dust settled on our games Monday afternoon, some stood proudly basking in their victories while others scratched their heads pondering their defeats.

In the Limestone Caves of Laur Captain Canuck's Steamroller defeated Unnamed Player 2's Grimnak based army, RedRobbin's Viking-based army defeated Firestar's Orcs and Iceworshipper's melange defeated Redman's Drake and Airborne Elite based army.

Over in the Cavern Labyrinth Agent 'Te's heroes lost to Lucky Dogg's huge monsters, Hotshot and Unnamed Player 1 ended with two or three figures each for a glorious draw and Streetballer's two remaining Izumi claimed total victory over Fireheart's army.

New standings are as follows:

T-1st Hotshot 4 points (1-0-1)
T-1st Streetballer 4 points (1-0-1)
T-3rd Captain Canuck 3 points (1-0-0)
T-3rd Firestar 3 points (1-1-0)
T-3rd Iceworshipper 3 points (1-1-0)
T-6th Lucky Dogg 3 points (1-0-0)
T-6th RedRobbin 6 points (2-0-0) (actually in 1st place)
T-8th Fireheart 1 point (0-1-1)
T-8th Krug12 1 point (0-0-1)
T-8th Redman 1 point (0-1-1)
T-8th Unnamed Player I 1 point (0-0-1)
T-12th Legoboy 0 points (0-1-0)
T-12th Unnamed Player II 0 points (0-1-0)
T-12th Agent 'Te 0 points (0-2-0)

Thanks for coming, gentlemen. Be ready to play next Monday. If you already have your army planned out, we won't need to spend the first 35 minutes of our time getting them ready. If you need help planning, the Battleplan link is in the first post at the top of the page.

Happy 'Scaping.

Last edited by legoboy; January 6th, 2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: had a win in the wrong column
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:12 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

This is awesome. Keep it up Legoboy!
Old December 14th, 2010, 01:56 AM

We had another great session of gaming this afternoon. Because of cold weather, illnesses and other factors we only had four students playing along with Captain Canuck and myself. All three games were played on AliasQTip's Cavern Labyrinth. Armies were selected, dice were rolled to determine opponents and we went to war.

Captain Canuck went with the army that I fielded against him in our last game: Grimnak, Krav Maga Agents and Heavies x4

Fireheart drafted a heavy squad army with Drake Alexander, Airborne Elite, Krav Maga Agents, Izumi Samurai, Tarn Viking Warriors and Marro Warriors.

Iceworshipper quickly selected Grimnak, Ne-Gok-Sa, Raelin, Krav Maga Agents, Tarn Viking Warriors and Marro Waqrriors.

I, Legoboy, played one of my favorite armies, "Cowboys from H*ll," featuring James Murphy, "Shotgun" Sullivan, Guilty McCreech and Minions x3.

After careful planning, Redman8, decided upon Grimnak, Agent Carr, Airborne Elite, Zettian Guards, Tarn Viking Warriors and Marro Warriors.

Unnamed Player II choose Grimnak, Ne-Gok-Sa, Finn, Airborne Elite, Tarn Viking Warriors and Marro Warriors.

I apologize. I realize that , but I forgot to grab a camera and Captain Canuck had left his at home. I faced off against Fireheart, Captain Canuck battled Iceworshipper and Unnamed Player II played against Redman8.

Fireheart vs. Legoboy- Fireheart's AE dropped in the very first round, and they immediately began raining fire down upon my troops. Sullivan and Minions took wounds in Fireheart's opening moves. The Minions closed quickly and began pounding the KMA. Fireheart's ranged units began to fail, but his melee troops were able to put up a punishing resistance against the Minions. As the cowboys began to fire, Guilty with height dropped two Marro who then were immediately cloned on the next turn. The Izumi's held their own against Minions who were hesitant to attack without increased odds from height. In the end Firestar won with 220 points remaining on the board against Legoboy's 3 cowboys totalling 170.

Captain Canuck vs. Iceworshipper- Captain Canuck's dice hadn't cooled since the last week's game and he dropped Iceworshipper's Grimnak in the first turn. Canuck's attack slowed down when he sent Grimnak against Raelin, who never quit and lasted until the end of the game. More hot Canuck dice led to the demise of Ne-Gok-Sa and most of the Marro and Tarn Viking Warriors. In the end Iceworshipper's Raelin, 3 Krav Maga Agents, as well as the remaining Marro Warrior and Tarn Warrior were defeated on points to Captain Canuck's Grimnak, 2 Krav Maga and 3 full squads of Heavies with a total score of 280- 430.

Unnamed player II vs. Redman8- This game featured a large number of squaddies and quickly bogged down into a free-for-all spanning the floating bridge in the middle of the map. Ranged troops fighting melee-style never do well and in the end, only Grimnak and his CHOMP helped Unnamed Player II to eke out a victory. As the smoke cleared, Redman8 had 320 points standing with Carr, both Zettians, all 4 Airborne Elite and 1 Marro Warrior remaining while Unnmed Player II still had Grimnak, Ne-Gok-Sa, Finn, all the Tarn Warriors and 1 marro Warrior for 390 points.

Here are the standings after this afternoon's session.

1st- Captain Canuck 6 points (2-0-0)
T- 2nd- Hotshot 4 points (1-0-1)
T- 2nd- Streetballer 4 points (1-0-1)
T- 2nd- Fireheart 4 points (1-1-1)
T- 5th- Lucky Dogg 3 points (1-0-0)
T- 5th- Firestar 3 points (1-1-0)
T- 5th- RedRobbin 3 points (1-1-0)
T- 5th- Unnamed Player II 3 points (1-1-0)
T- 5th- Iceworshipper 3 points (1-2-0)
T- 10th- Unnamed Player I 1 point (0-0-1)
T- 10th- Krug12 1 point (0-0-1)
T- 10th- Redman 1 point (0-2-1)
T- 13th- Agent 'Te 0 points (0-2-0)
T- 13th- Legoboy 0 points (0-2-0)

Points Per Game (points/ games played)
Captain Canuck- 3.00
Lucky Dogg- 3.00
Hotshot- 2.00
Streetballer- 2.00
Firestar- 1.50
RedRobbin- 1.50
Unnamed Player II- 1.50
Fireheart- 1.33
Iceworshipper- 1.00
Krug12- 1.00
Unnamed Player I- 1.00
Redman8- 0.33
Agent 'Te- 0.00
Legoboy- 0.00

I think everyone enjoyed themselves, even those of us who were less than victorious. Can't wait to play again after Christmas Break. Hopefully Santa will bring you guys some 'Scape. See you in the New Year.
Old December 15th, 2010, 01:52 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can't tell you how cool it is to see my maps in action. It looks like you guys had a good time with 'em. Thanks for letting me, in a manner of speaking, be a part of your awesome club. Keep up the good work, legoboy!
Old December 15th, 2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
I can't tell you how cool it is to see my maps in action. It looks like you guys had a good time with 'em. Thanks for letting me, in a manner of speaking, be a part of your awesome club. Keep up the good work, legoboy!

Dude, I can't begin to tell you how much I like this map. The negative space aspect of the chasm is an alternative I had never considered. If you have the time or inclination to crank out more more maps using just one RotV, we'll keep using them.

Thanks again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events