Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old September 28th, 2009, 10:48 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V1.3 - LARGE CARDS ADDED)

This is really slick. Is there a way to do Marvel cards?

Thanks for doing this. +rep!

------------------------

For those who want to download GIMP (to erase the backgrounds in your pictures before you import them):

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

It seems pretty intuitive, but I haven't figured out how to get rid of the background yet. That seems like the main thing people making customs would like to do, does anyone have thoughts on how to do that?

Last edited by fomox; September 30th, 2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph.
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:12 AM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V1.3 - LARGE CARDS ADDED)

Thanks, fomox. I could probably do something with GreyOwl's tools to do Marvel cards, but that's on the list after Glyphs, Destructible Objects, and classic basic cards . I'll see if anyone else is interested then.

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs

Last edited by bmaczero; December 22nd, 2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:11 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V1.35 Printing Bugfix)

I've figured out what caused the printing bug on the MSE forum, that is now fixed. You can either delete all the old heroscape game and style files and download the new ones, or simply download the 1.35 patch which replaces the files that were updated and which I will be uploading shortly.
Old September 30th, 2009, 05:42 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the fix. Though by going to print preview it seems rather low quality. Have you tried printing many cards and if possible could you post an image on how it came out? I know this is being kinda picky but this really is a cool program, thanks.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old September 30th, 2009, 07:25 PM

The Toolkit styles definitely print at a low quality, nothing I can do about that, they come at a low resolution. The SotM and RotV ones should be fine though. My printer is acting up, I'll see if I can test print one later.

V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:15 PM

Alright, it looks fine to me when I print it (this is a scan):
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...etestprint.jpg

I did notice that the printed card is a little bit smaller that the real card, though. Can anyone confirm this? My math checks out, so I think it might just be my printer.

V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:47 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

I must be a complete idiot, I still can not figure out how to get the backgrounds onto cards that I created my self. Just for informations sake I am taking all of the pictures of the units myself. How do I use gimp to get the unit either a.) background from the photo removed or b.)or onto the typical heroscape card background. Step by step would be helpful.
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:38 AM

Check out part one of this tutorial:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9289

V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:31 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaczero View Post
Alright, it looks fine to me when I print it (this is a scan):
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...etestprint.jpg

I did notice that the printed card is a little bit smaller that the real card, though. Can anyone confirm this? My math checks out, so I think it might just be my printer.
I can confirm that. I used HSToolkit a long time ago. It was a good program but it wasn't as high quality as this.

Also, is there an easy way to make custom cards to use with MSE? I use gimp so thats basically what I have to work with.

Old October 1st, 2009, 07:24 PM

I'm having a lot of fun with this program. These are some of the cards I'm making for a Heroscape/Mechwarrior game varient. This program got me motivated to actually get it into action.

I think they are nice. I have yet to try printing these particular cards. I hope they come out decent.

Last edited by GeneralRolando; October 2nd, 2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:49 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaczero View Post
Check out part one of this tutorial:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9289

See the only problem is the cards in MSE do not have the backgrounds on them. So when they are saved I can't just move the figures picture onto them. I was thinking of maybe putting thescape background in for the image on the MSE card. I will let you all know how it works out.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:27 AM

@GeneralRolando

Yes, you can make custom blanks to use with the template, but you'll have to modify the code a little bit. If you put the image in, say, the folder data/heroscape-ROTV.mse-style/cardblanks, you'll have to open data/heroscape.mse-game/game in Notepad. Ctrl-F for "card type", and in that block of text add a new "choice" for whatever you want to call your blank. Then, open data/heroscape-ROTV.mse-style/style and search for the same. Under the "choice images:" line, add the name of your choice and its file name. You should then be able to click on the card in MSE and switch it to that card back.

On a semi-related note, I just printed the same card with a Toolkit style, and it looks just fine. I am also going to recommend printing at 107% to get the right size.

The cards look sweet! (Don't forget to do something with the Hit Zone area).

@Syvarris
What you should do ideally is use a program like Gimp to erase the background on your figure's picture (make it transparent) and save it as a PNG. Then, you can load that image (by double-clicking the image box in MSE), and the background should appear behind it.

V2.5 Expanded Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software