Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old January 17th, 2008, 10:57 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thursday Night Gaming - May 15th (Scarab and Minotaur Lords)

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mr. Jack
[Average Rating:7.62 Overall Rank:59]

I didn't have anything set up ahead of time tonight and when Ben got here he saw Mr. Jack on the edge of the table and commented on it, so I asked if I should set it up. I got it all set up and explained the rules and asked him which side he would like. He picked the inspector, which I think is probably the better side for an inexperienced player. I have had several face to face plays and many online plays. It was a very close game with Ben almost catching Professor Gull, but it came down to a choice between him and Goodley, and he chose Goodley instead.

We then set up again with him choosing to be Jack and I was able to win this one as well. I got it narrowed down to Stealthy going into the seventh round. I actually should have lost this one, as he had a chance to move stealthy off of the board earlier in the game, but I think he missed it because she had to walk through a house to do it.

It was a fun time and I look forward to next week.

Last edited by Jormi_Boced; May 22nd, 2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old January 17th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I will have to check this one out, is it a newer game?

Nothing wrong winning 2 in a row.

TOM
Old January 18th, 2008, 09:38 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
I will have to check this one out, is it a newer game?

Nothing wrong winning 2 in a row.

TOM
It is a little newer. I got it at Gen Con this summer. It is a deduction style game for two players. My wife really likes it too.
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I enjoyed Mr. Jack, even though I've never won a game. I ought to write about it some time - there's some good potential humor in there.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old January 18th, 2008, 11:47 AM

http://mrjack.biludi.de/

For anyone wanting to give it a try before you buy, you can play it online here. It is a ton of fun. If anyone wants to play me, let me know and we can set up a game.
Old January 19th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
How long does a on-line game take?
Old January 19th, 2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
How long does a on-line game take?
It kind of depends. If both people stay online and play the whole time, it should take less than 30 minutes, but sometimes, I play ones that last a week or so, because we just take a turn or two a day.
Old January 19th, 2008, 11:14 PM

hesh has disabled reputation
I picked up Mr Jack for Christmas. It is one of those games that women seem to like, which is why I picked it up. My wife doesn't like too many of our board games. Plus, it is just a two player game. It's a great game if you are married. Just my two cents worth.
Old January 20th, 2008, 12:36 PM

Yeah, Ben commented that he saw it as a mix of chess and clue, which I can definitely see.
Old January 24th, 2008, 10:22 PM

Thursday, January 24th

HeroScape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie
[Average Rating:7.38 Overall Rank:120]

Ben and I decided to play a game of Heroscape on a new map that I had built for the next Heroscape tourney in Austin. We played 470 point armies.

My Army:
Raelin (RotV)
Guilty McCreech
Kaemon Awa
Marro Stingers x4

His Army:
Massachusetts Line x2
Knights of Weston x2
Gilbert
Finn

I think we both had pretty solid armies that looked to be pretty well matched. I flew Raelin to a glyph right away, but it turned out to be a dud, and she ended up getting hit by a knight for her troubles. My stingers advanced next and really cleared out a lot of his units mostly due to bad luck on his part. On the second round I moved Raelin to the top of the middle hill while running and gunning my Stingers up the hill. This ended up basically winning the game for me. It took him a while to knock Raelin off, and by the time he did, I think it was too late. He did make a big run for it though and knocked off a lot of my units, but I was able to clean up the rest of his units and at the end of the game I still had Kaemon, Guilty and one set of Stingers.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 12:02 PM

Thursday February 21st

Nexus Ops
[Average Rating:7.26 Overall Rank:135]

Ben came over and after some deliberation he decided he wanted to try something he hadn't played before, so I broke out Nexus Ops.

I really like this game a lot and generally I think it plays pretty well with 2, but I think sometimes the board can get a bit lopsided with just 2, and I think that did happen in this game. I ended up having better access to the value 2 mines and was able to get the win. I also controlled the monolith earlier, but we traded blows on it mostly.

Ben couldn't stick around for another one, so he will have to exact his revenge next week.
Old February 27th, 2008, 01:09 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
I just found a sealed copy of Nexus Ops at the local swap-meet for $10 this past Sunday. Tried it Monday (yesterday), and it rocked!

We probably did a couple of things wrong. I think we were giving out "energize" and "win battle" VP cards to each other regardless of whose turn it was. Oh, and everyone could work a mine. Monies added up real fast that way!

At least now that I've looked over the rules again, I know the value of drafting humans! :P

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games