Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old December 6th, 2007, 06:33 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
FPS standoffs

This always happens in multiplayer shooting games with my friends. One guy is on one side of the corner, and the other guy is on the other side of the corner. Both player know that the other is waiting for them.

Both are waiting to ambush the other, even though it wouldn't be a surprise.

I'm constantly locked in these waiting games. Bouncing a grenade around the corner will just make the enemy run around the corner, while you are still trying to switch your weapon back from the grenade setting.

Retreating will give the other an advantage, as he can now use the corner as partial cover to shoot you while you're runing down the hallway, plus it's harder to aim while running in games versus standing still.

What is the recommended counter to the FPS corner standoff? shooting a rocket around the corner to hit a wall adjacent to the enemy would work, but usually we don't use rockets in games.

This is not for a specific game, just in general.
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:37 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Well, in Halo I know my opponent doesn't expect me to do what I'm about to tell you. I turn the corner, melee/punch the dude, and then chuck a grenade, and run around the corner again. Or I go around the other side of the building thing you are hiding him and flank him!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:44 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
Well, in Halo I know my opponent doesn't expect me to do what I'm about to tell you. I turn the corner, melee/punch the dude, and then chuck a grenade, and run around the corner again. Or I go around the other side of the building thing you are hiding him and flank him!
He is using radar/screen looking. He's not going to allow you sneak up behind him, he's going to chase after you.
Old December 6th, 2007, 07:04 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
If you're playing Warhawk pull out your knife and call a knife fight. That's how real men settle it. And yes I know it's not an FPS, but it's better than any FPS I've ever played.

Do what Metaknight says, something irrational. Just like making an unorthodox move in chess you're going to baffle your opponent.

Above all else - strafe, strafe like hell.
Old December 6th, 2007, 07:27 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
He is using radar/screen looking. He's not going to allow you sneak up behind him, he's going to chase after you.
Then I shoot him until he dies...

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old June 14th, 2008, 09:30 AM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: FPS standoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-fi Messiah View Post
If you're playing Warhawk pull out your knife and call a knife fight. That's how real men settle it. And yes I know it's not an FPS, but it's better than any FPS I've ever played.

Do what Metaknight says, something irrational. Just like making an unorthodox move in chess you're going to baffle your opponent.

if you're interested in warhawk i made a clan called the assasin's guild,and anyone can join after tryouts.If your interested send me a pm on Heroscapers.

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC
Old June 14th, 2008, 10:05 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: FPS standoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by syvarris0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-fi Messiah View Post

if you're interested in warhawk i made a clan called the assasin's guild,and anyone can join after tryouts.If your interested send me a pm on Heroscapers.
I don't think he is going to see your message since he was banned awhile ago.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games