Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old January 6th, 2011, 12:20 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I just want to say that for me, this has been one of the most challenging, yet, fun customs we have worked on so far.

Great choice, PK!

I also like the latest version very much. It brings something totally unique yet not overly complex to the game.
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:17 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Agent Smith
The Matrix
Sci-Fi
Valkrill

Program
Unique Squad
Agent
Relentless
Size: Medium 5

Life 1 (4 figures)
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

UNPLUGGED
You may not place an order marker on this army card unless you do not control any figures on the battlefield other than Agent Smith.
Before you reveal a numbered order marker, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may first take a turn with Agent Smith. Add 1 to your roll for each Agent Smith squad figure you control on the board.

ME TOO!
Whenever Agent Smith destroys an adjacent small or medium figure, you may place a previously destroyed Agent Smith figure on the space occupied by the destroyed figure.

[INSERT NAME HERE] (Ideas?)
When rolling defense dice against an attack by a non-adjacent attacker, one shield will block all damage. Whenever Agent Smith rolls defense dice and does not receive a wound, you may move the Agent Smith figure that was targeted by the attack 4 spaces. When Agent Smith starts to move with The One, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
YES!!! Great work, guys. I especially like how you shuffled the powers around, TW.

Names for the last power:

-Matrix Manipulation
-Matrix Dodge
-Agent Anticipation
???

EDIT: One last question - do we want Smith to be possibly taking 2 turns per Order Marker if he's the last figure on the battlefield? If we do, I'm OK with it I think. Smith's whole goal is to control everything, so it seems he'd be pretty excited if he was your last figure. If we think it's too strong, I'd just suggest changing the 2nd sentence of Unplugged to "Before you reveal a numbered order marker that is not on Agent Smith..."

By the way, the first playtest I'm doing with him will be with Kato and Ashigaru. The fact that you could get 12 attacks in one order marker is just staggering, and if Smith wants to, he can easily use ME TOO! on an Ashigaru to replicate.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; January 6th, 2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I am loving this card. Great work everyone! I do have a few questions, though.
  • With the current wording, Agent Smith could attack his own figure to move him. Even if he attacked and destroyed his own figure, he could replace it with a previously destroyed one.
  • For Unplugged, "Before you reveal a numbered order marker" isn't very specific. Is there any reason we don't use, "After revealing an order marker, but before taking a turn with that figure...".
  • For Me Too!, should we restrict it to Human figures?
  • Name ideas: The Matrix, Stealth Defense, Stealth Agility
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:02 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I am loving this card. Great work everyone! I do have a few questions, though.
  • With the current wording, Agent Smith could attack his own figure to move him. Even if he attacked and destroyed his own figure, he could replace it with a previously destroyed one.
  • For Unplugged, "Before you reveal a numbered order marker" isn't very specific. Is there any reason we don't use, "After revealing an order marker, but before taking a turn with that figure...".
  • For Me Too!, should we restrict it to Human figures?
  • Name ideas: The Matrix, Stealth Defense, Stealth Agility
We definitely should reword the movement ability to mirror the wording of Scatter. It should only trigger on attacks from an opponent's figure. Good catch, Balantai.

Your wording for Unplugged is probably fine, and more consistent. I just want to make sure that it's clear that Smith doesn't get a turn when the X is revealed.

On Me Too, I see no problem with Smith assimilating non-humans. Didn't he assimilate a cat in Revolutions? I can't remember.... He also assimilates multiple programs (Seraph, Sati and the Oracle at least).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:06 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
On Me Too, I see no problem with Smith assimilating non-humans. Didn't he assimilate a cat in Revolutions? I can't remember.... He also assimilates multiple programs (Seraph, Sati and the Oracle at least).
I think it was a gerbil. Or was it a hamster?

Seriously though, I can go along with KC's response. Good suggestions, Balantai.
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:36 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Since the wording on Me Too is based on Zombies, I think it'll be ok. The Zombie's Rise Again only specifies small or medium, so I think this is a case of "ain't broke, don't fix," you know?
Just my .
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Agent Smith
The Matrix
Sci-Fi
Valkrill

Program
Unique Squad
Agent
Relentless

Life 1 (4 figures)
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

UNPLUGGED
You may not place an order marker on this army card unless you do not control any figures on the battlefield other than Agent Smith. Before you reveal a numbered order marker, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may first take a turn with Agent Smith. Add 1 to your roll for each Agent Smith squad figure you control on the board.

ME TOO!
Whenever Agent Smith destroys an opponent's adjacent small or medium figure, you may place a previously destroyed Agent Smith figure on the space occupied by the destroyed figure.

MASTERING THE MATRIX
When rolling defense dice against an attack by a non-adjacent attacker, one shield will block all damage. Whenever Agent Smith rolls defense dice and does not receive a wound, you may move the Agent Smith figure that was targeted by the attack 4 spaces. When Agent Smith starts to move with The One, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

I left Unplugged alone because it's basically Frenzy 18 with one shot at Frenzy. That's not really broken if no other units are left.

Old January 8th, 2011, 11:32 AM

dfonse is surprisingly tart

This is great. I like unplugged a lot. The only down side is that he is going to be more expensive. Maybe up to 150! A). Pretty good stats
B). Can reproduce
C). Frenzy with a twist
D). Stealth Dodge with a twist
All of these factors will go into his price. And also make him powerful.
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Ninjas of the Northern Wind would be the best comparison, IMO.

Agent Smith has
+1 figure (huge)
+1 Move
better defensive power*
Frenzy (huge)
resurrection

And NotNW cost 110 points. I could even see Agent Smith at twice that.

*MASTERING THE MATRIX
When rolling defense dice against an attack by a non-adjacent attacker, one shield will block all damage. Whenever Agent Smith rolls defense dice and does not receive a wound, you may move the Agent Smith figure that was targeted by the attack 4 spaces. When Agent Smith starts to move with The One moves with Mastering the Matrix, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 10th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Agent Smith
The Matrix
Sci-Fi
Valkrill

Program
Unique Squad
Agent
Relentless

Life 1 (4 figures)
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

UNPLUGGED
You may not place an order marker on this army card unless you do not control any figures on the battlefield other than Agent Smith. Before you reveal a numbered order marker, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may first take a turn with Agent Smith. Add 1 to your roll for each Agent Smith squad figure you control.

ME TOO!
Whenever Agent Smith destroys an opponent's adjacent small or medium figure, you may place a previously destroyed Agent Smith figure on the space occupied by the destroyed figure.

MASTERING THE MATRIX
When rolling defense dice against an attack by an opponent's non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage. Whenever Agent Smith rolls defense dice and does not receive a wound, you may move the Agent Smith figure that was targeted by the attack 4 spaces. When Agent Smith moves with Mastering the Matrix, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

COST: 170

Last edited by Balantai; January 11th, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

At the end of Unplugged, you should add "on the battlefield."

Old January 11th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
At the end of Unplugged, you should add "on the battlefield."
Do you still control figures that have been destroyed?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum