Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Old July 20th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
If Hasbro wanted these characters to have immunity to lava, it would've given them immunity to lava. I think it takes a lot away from the fun of lava gameplay to have too many characters immune to it, and I'm glad they didn't include that as part of superstrength, as one doesn't really have anything to do with the other, IMO.
That said, Surfer really shouldn't have a problem with that or other terrain, b/c why would he ever really land anyway, unless he's holding a glyph or attacking adjacent figures? And if it's to attack, he's just going to take off and fly again when he's done, so it won't really affect his movement ability any. I don't understand any point that heavy snow would be an issue, unless he lands and *then* you *decide to have him walk*. Why would you ever do that instead of having him decide to fly though?
As for glyph holding, you have to be on the ground to hold a glyph, no matter what kind of board you have. So if a glyph is on hot lava death, Surfer's gotta stick his neck out like everyone else (except, of course, the obsidians and brunak).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 20th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If Hasbro had wanted to make the Surfer lava-resistant, you would have heard no complaining from me. It fits him perfectly. But I would say there's not even a 1% chance that they meant to make him lava resistant but failed.

When you think about it, though, he can ignore height, water, ice, and snow. If he were lava-immune, no terrain could hinder him in any way-- except for the occasional road bonus, it wouldn't make any difference what kind of tile he was on. I can see how they might want to avoid that.

I certainly don't think super strength itself should grant immunity to lava!
Old July 20th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
True, he should also be able to go through any terrain, object, or figure. And his Power Cosmic should allow him to do almost anything. But that's why you simply can't give the figures every power they posess in the comics and have to compromise.
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:17 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I don't understand any point that heavy snow would be an issue, unless he lands and *then* you *decide to have him walk*. Why would you ever do that instead of having him decide to fly though?
Just for the record, it takes 2 move points to end your move on a heavy snow tile, even for a flyer.
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Just for the record, it takes 2 move points to end your move on a heavy snow tile, even for a flyer.
I actually didn't know that. So you ignore the extra movement points of all the heavy snow you fly over, but not the one you land on?
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yeah, I didn't know that either (haven't actually played with heavy snow all that much) - I guess it make sense, though, since you're landing. It's not that huge a deal, though, because if you were about to end your turn on snow and you can't because you only have one movement space left, you're really only losing one movement space - and then next turn you can fly over the whole patch, most likely.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 20th, 2007, 01:50 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
I actually didn't know that. So you ignore the extra movement points of all the heavy snow you fly over, but not the one you land on?
Correct. Here's the official rule:

Quote:
Landing on Heavy Snow: A single-space figure that lands on Heavy Snow (from flying, leaping, falling, dropping, etc.) must count the landing as 2 spaces. Double-space figures also only count the landing as 2 spaces, whether the landing is on one Heavy Snow space or two.
Old July 20th, 2007, 04:11 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
My group uses our own snow and ice rules most of the time and so we ignore that. It is the official rule though.
Old July 20th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Huh. I never knew that about heavy snow. Does slippery ice do the same thing?
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:21 PM
regurgitation cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
yup
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:04 PM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Glad I alerted you guys to that rule. My buddy didn't know it either the other day during the frozen shards scenario.

I will concede that SS should land to hold a glyph, and would then be subject to terrain rules. Otherwise, though, I think Craig and the team probably read the "true flying" rules in the Codex magazine (and now in the downloads section of this site) and decided to give the fans what they want, as they have in the past with zombies and the like. SS would be the pefect candidate to implement these rules with as he doesn't have wings and, therefore, doesn't ever need to land. Pure speculation on my part, I know, but I'm gonna run with it.

Soberman

Now Playing: Over the Rhine Changes Come Live
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:09 AM

Bazooka has disabled reputation
Versatility Incarnate

Worth every point

A skirmisher to whittle down enemies with range 9 or less?

High movement stealth flyer to grab objectives?

Capable of an above average attack?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's