Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 21st, 2018, 07:20 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Techno (Breathing)

I could see something like this:

HIDDEN IDENTITIES
Before taking a turn with a Charlatan you control, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, all opponent’s figures adjacent to that Charlatan consider it a friendly figure for the rest of that Charlatan’s turn.

Kind of a light touch, mostly protects against LEAs but has an interesting touch of bypassing some defensive powers as well.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 21st, 2018, 07:25 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Hmmm... the bio says that he was the one who provided tech to disguise their identities, but also that he was the one who nearly blow the secret... so... playing off the 'Deception' theme in Loki's God of Deception, how about something like:

Technological Deception

At the start of each round, before placing Order Markers, you may roll the twenty-sided die. On a roll of 1 to 4, you may not place your 'X' Order Marker. On a roll of 17 or higher, you may place an additional 'X' Order Marker.

Not guaranteed, so hopefully not too strong, and with a bit of risk to it to represent him nearly screwing everything up, but the extra X allows you to use Justice, Like Lightning! twice if you get it... if. It can also mean you don't get it, or access to the X at all. In fact without Citizen V, those two possibilities are equally likely - with Citizen V, it goes from a 20%/20% to 15%/25%, so they boost each other. (EDIT: Except I forgot CC required a revealed OM... bugger...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I could see something like this:

HIDDEN IDENTITIES
Before taking a turn with a Charlatan you control, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, all opponent’s figures adjacent to that Charlatan consider it a friendly figure for the rest of that Charlatan’s turn.

Kind of a light touch, mostly protects against LEAs but has an interesting touch of bypassing some defensive powers as well.
That's another cool option.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 21st, 2018, 07:33 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Margloth's doesn't work for me. Way too much of a reach from the theme to the mechanics, also doesn't particularly key him into Zemo over the other Charlatans.

LO's direction is interesting, though. EDIT: Might be a bit much, though? I don't want anything that's going to bump his cost much.

Last edited by Ronin; March 21st, 2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old March 21st, 2018, 09:51 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah he's got a target cost that we are aiming for here and he's not THAT HUGE a character where we need to do too much.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 02:43 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Personally, I'd like to see the Tech Pack only get the double option if he has a revealed OM. That would tie him into Zemo a lot more as they'd have a matching limiter to one of their powers and Zemo would be his go to bonder instead of 'anyone without another use for an X OM'.

If there is going to be a D-20 power added, I'd like to see it as something that triggers on an Om reveal but doesn't require him taking a turn. That would give Zemo an in faction way to pull some shenanigans with his bonding power instead of defaulting to Cap and such. 'After revealing a numbered order marker on Techno, roll a D-20. On a # or higher, do a thing/something is true for this player turn/whatever.' That kind of deal.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 22nd, 2018, 05:18 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If we were not trying to put him into a 150 point box, I like LO's Loki light idea. He was tested with Loki fairly regularly so the desire to double up on X OM's is clearly there, why not have a thematic ally grant it for fewer points than Loki does (do in part to Loki's higher stats)? Would just need to make it so you didn't want to then double up with both Loki and Techno for 3 XOM's in play. I also kind of like the idea to try and eliminate the CA combo as well though. The reveal OM1 on this card to get some kind of benefit would also be kind of cool for his closest ally on the team. Not sure if both are possible but having Techno's loyalty to Citizen V represented in a power that also cut either CA or Loki from his pool of 'go to options when army building' would be a smart move.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:24 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
If we were not trying to put him into a 150 point box, I like LO's Loki light idea. He was tested with Loki fairly regularly so the desire to double up on X OM's is clearly there, why not have a thematic ally grant it for fewer points than Loki does (do in part to Loki's higher stats)? Would just need to make it so you didn't want to then double up with both Loki and Techno for 3 XOM's in play. I also kind of like the idea to try and eliminate the CA combo as well though. The reveal OM1 on this card to get some kind of benefit would also be kind of cool for his closest ally on the team. Not sure if both are possible but having Techno's loyalty to Citizen V represented in a power that also cut either CA or Loki from his pool of 'go to options when army building' would be a smart move.
Technological Deception

After revealing Order Marker 1 on a Charlatan you control, if all your Order Markers are on Charlatan Army Cards, you may roll the twenty-sided die. On a roll of 1 to 4, you must reveal and remove your 'X' Order Marker. On a roll of 17 or higher, you may place an additional 'X' Order Marker on any Army Card you control.

I'm still hoping that the only limited chance of it triggering and the chance of it backfiring should help keep his cost down. The all Charlatan requirement keeps him away from being an X Order Marker provider in less thematic builds as well as disallowing Loki, and helps make pairing the Charlatans with Cap less tempting as well. This version also lets him benefit from Charlatan Coordination. The D20 rolls can be tweaked if he ends up being too strong this way.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:40 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

My concern is that putting Techno in competition with Cap and Loki would hurt Techno's draftability with the Thunderbolts more than it would hurt theirs. And I really don't have a problem with Loki or Cap being good allies for the T-Bolts. Don't think we should be approaching that as a problem to solve.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 09:20 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For what it's worth, I don't mind the KISS version we already have. Particularly if there's a more specifically villainous version of him waiting in the wings.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 09:25 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I too am fine with the current version. Every character doesn't have to be over the top thematic in every way. He's a Charlatan, he fits a point total that completes a team, his needing an OM fits with Citizen V's JUSTICE, LIKE LIGHTNING... and his power is indicative of his technological use in the comics. I think Ronin has done a great job of capturing the main points of this character and how he relates with his thematic team.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 09:54 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Just to clarify, I don't think he needs a D-20 power, I'm just saying what I'd like to see if he had to have one. Also, I don't think he needs to try and cut anyone out of army building, I was thinking more along the lines of being another option within the same army when playing cap, or a backup option if cap goes down, rather than trying to replace anyone.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 23rd, 2018, 03:20 PM
Symbiotic

What about this

Quote:
TECH-PAC
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may choose two of the following effects for the rest of your turn:
-add 2 to Techno's Move number and Techno will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
-add 3 to Techno's Range number and Techno can attack non-adjacent figures even if he is engaged.
-when Techno attacks, he may attack one additional time.
-all figures that were engaged with Techno at the start of your turn subtract 1 from their Defense numbers.
Gives him a trick to pull when you use Justice Like Lightning, lowering defenses for whatever Charlatans you take a turn with. Also still works with Songbird bonding. Makes him a bit scarier on offense, but he has to stick his neck out to use it. I think he could still land in the target range.

Last edited by Ronin; March 23rd, 2018 at 03:51 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library