Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 26th, 2013, 06:18 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Hellboy

The Book of Hellboy

C3G DARK HORSE WAVE 21
DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set.
Its model number and name are #067-069 / Hellboy.

Character Bio - December 23, 1944. On an island off the Scottish Coast, the evil mystic Nazi occultist, Grigori Rasputin summoned from Hell to Earth an infant demon. He appeared miles away in a churchyard in East Bromwich, England and was discovered by a crack team of American soldiers lead by 1st Sgt. George Whitman sent to investigate the mysterious Nazi ritual. Amongst the Allied Force was Professor Trevor Bruttenholm, who formed the United States Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense (BPRD), Professor Malcolm Frost, Lady Cynthia Eden-Jones, and the Torch of Liberty, a WWII era costumed super-soldier. Bruttenholm befriended the creature, affectionately naming him ‘Hellboy,’ and the demon child was raised in secret by the U.S. government and trained/educated to be a paranormal investigator.

Hellboy is a well-meaning demon whose true name is Anung Un Rama, meaning "and upon his brow is set a crown of flame". In time Hellboy grew to be a large, red-skinned man with a tail, horns (which he files off, leaving behind the signature circular stumps on his forehead), cloven hooves for feet, and an oversized right hand. He has been described as smelling of dry-roasted peanuts. Although a bit gruff, he shows none of the malevolence thought to be intrinsic to demons and has a strong sense of humor. This is said to be because of his upbringing under Professor Bruttenholm, who raised him as a normal boy.

Hellboy's right hand, referred to as the "Right Hand of Doom", was formerly the right hand of one of Anum, one of the "greater spirits" that watched over the burgeoning Earth. The Hand is effectively invulnerable and feels no pain. However being far larger than an ordinary human hand, the Right Hand of Doom is not very suitable for use with most objects, although it has proven dexterous enough to catch a fly. Hellboy relies on his average-sized left hand to operate weapons and devices. Because of this, he is most likely ambidextrous.

Anun used the Right Hand of Doom to create and then bound the dragon Ogdru Jahad, but then his fellow spirits turned upon him for his deeds, and destroyed him sparing only his right hand, which was kept and preserved by many races throughout history, including the first race of man. As the hand bound the dragon, it is the key which will "loose and command" it also and in doing so it will be the catalyst that will bring about the World's end. It is not even necessary for the arm to be attached to Hellboy at all; even on its own it would perform its tasks. However, it has been suggested that if Hellboy dies while the the Hand is attached to him, it would become useless. He has thus come to the conclusion that the only way to prevent it falling into the wrong hands is to keep and protect it.

Armed with many charms and knick-knacks used as either tools to resurrect the dead, protect him or his friends from evil entities, heal, etc, Hellboy works for the BPRD (and himself) against dark forces including Nazis and Baba Yaga.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 06:17 PM. Reason: png
Old November 26th, 2013, 06:18 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Book of Hellboy - Design Phase

NAME = HELLBOY
SECRET IDENTITY = ANUNG UN RAMA

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INVESTIGATOR
PERSONALITY = CAVALIER

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 360

RIGHT HAND OF DOOM
When Hellboy attacks an adjacent Creature, Undead, Demon, Lycanthrope or huge figure with his normal attack, you may add 2 dice to his attack.

THE GOOD SAMARITAN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack Special.
Roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 1-8, end Hellboy's turn immediately.
• If you roll 9-19, roll 4 attack dice.
• If you roll 20, the defending figure receives 1 wound.

MAGICAL PROTECTION
Opponents' figures with the Magical Defense special power cannot target Hellboy with a special power or special attack.

LAVA RESISTANT
Hellboy never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 2nd, 2014 at 02:31 AM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 06:19 AM

Comic pics:

Last edited by A3n; November 26th, 2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good stuff! I'd go Investigator here to match with his friends.

Some suggested wording tweaks:

RIGHT HAND OF DOOM
When Hellboy attacks an adjacent Creature, Undead, Demon, Lycanthrope or huge sized figure with his normal attack, you may add 2 dice to his normal attack.

THE GOOD SAMARITAN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 1-8, end your turn immediately.
• If you roll 9-17, roll 2 attack dice against the chosen figure.
• If you roll 18-19, roll 4 attack dice against the chosen figure.
• If you roll 20, the chosen figure receives 1 wound.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Hellboy, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 26th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Hellboy! I've been waiting on this one for a while; if you can't tell, I'm a little excited.

Secret Identity should be "Anung Un Rama".

to Cavalier for presonality, very fitting. The other BPRD guys are Investigator, so I would go with that.

Stats look solid, though I think his Defense could come down 1 or 2 and his Life could go up 1 or 2. He's tough, but he's not very good at avoiding attacks, just able to take a bruising and keep going.

Right Hand of Doom is great. Perfectly fitting for HB. Wording tweak:

RIGHT HAND OF DOOM
When Hellboy attacks an adjacent Creature, Undead, Demon, Lycanthrope or huge sized figure with his normal attack, you may roll 2 additional attack dice.

I'm not very big on the SA. I don't get the theme of the D20 roll, and I can't see myself ever choosing it over his normal attack if I have a 40% chance of ending my turn and a 35% chance of only 2 dice. Also, Hellboy does use a gun on occasion (and both mini options have him wielding a revolver), but the gun has never been referred to as the Good Samaritan in the comics, only the movie. HB is a terrible shot and he usually ends up discarding his guns as soon as the fight starts. If we're going to represent the gun I'd rather give him a normal range of 4, attack of 3 and change Right Hand of Doom to this:

RIGHT HAND OF DOOM
Hellboy rolls 3 additional attack dice when attacking an adjacent figure with his normal attack or 5 additional dice if the defending figure is a Creature, Undead, Demon, Lycanthrope or huge sized figure.

This would also allow us to add in a minor anti-Magical Defense power. He fights a lot of magic users during his time. I mean, some of his biggest enemies are Rasputin, the Baba Yaga, and Nimue, the Queen of Blood, all of whom use magic.

Healing Factor isn't a bad fit, as he does heal faster than a human would, but it's not a great fit either, as he doesn't really heal during a fight. For a defensive power, something mechanically similar to Magical Defense, Impenetrable Skin or Undead Resilience would be much more fitting. Hellboy carries a bunch of magical tokens and talismans around in his coat that keep him protected.

EDIT: Also, please tell me we can use a Mike Mignola drawing for the comic card here? I know we try to avoid overly stylized art, but nobody captures HB better than Mignola.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:02 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
If we're going to represent the gun I'd rather give him a normal range of 4, attack of 3 and change Right Hand of Doom to this:

RIGHT HAND OF DOOM
Hellboy rolls 3 additional attack dice when attacking an adjacent figure with his normal attack or 5 additional dice if the defending figure is a Creature, Undead, Demon, Lycanthrope or huge sized figure.

This would also allow us to add in a minor anti-Magical Defense power. He fights a lot of magic users during his time. I mean, some of his biggest enemies are Rasputin, the Baba Yaga, and Nimue, the Queen of Blood, all of whom use magic.
I like this direction!

I also agree that Healing Factor is a bit weird here, never seen him do that. I'm not sure he needs a defensive ability, just high life.

Maybe Lava Resistant, too? Not sure how thematic that is.
Old November 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Hellboy! I've been waiting on this one for a while; if you can't tell, I'm a little excited.

Secret Identity should be "Anung Un Rama".
I first thought that also, but then I read this site & it says that it doesn't exclusively refer to him.
Quote:
to Cavalier for presonality, very fitting. The other BPRD guys are Investigator, so I would go with that.
I thought that when I saw Liz posted but forgot when I posted this last night.
Quote:
Stats look solid, though I think his Defense could come down 1 or 2 and his Life could go up 1 or 2. He's tough, but he's not very good at avoiding attacks, just able to take a bruising and keep going.

Right Hand of Doom is great. Perfectly fitting for HB. Wording tweak:

RIGHT HAND OF DOOM
When Hellboy attacks an adjacent Creature, Undead, Demon, Lycanthrope or huge sized figure with his normal attack, you may roll 2 additional attack dice.

I'm not very big on the SA. I don't get the theme of the D20 roll, and I can't see myself ever choosing it over his normal attack if I have a 40% chance of ending my turn and a 35% chance of only 2 dice. Also, Hellboy does use a gun on occasion (and both mini options have him wielding a revolver), but the gun has never been referred to as the Good Samaritan in the comics, only the movie. HB is a terrible shot and he usually ends up discarding his guns as soon as the fight starts.
That's why it was a D20 roll in SA & not his normal attack. It's only as a ranged option that doesn't always work (end your turn) or he is not very good with (low rolls), but on occasions fluked a shot (gives a wound). You aren't supposed to choose this over his normal attack. Like the comics you are supposed to shot at them while they are at range & then smash the crap out of them when you get next to them.

As for the name, sure in the comics it's just an oversized revolver, but I preferred The Good Samaritan Special Attack to Oversized Revolver Special Attack.
Quote:
If we're going to represent the gun I'd rather give him a normal range of 4, attack of 3 and change Right Hand of Doom to this:

RIGHT HAND OF DOOM
As per above I would prefer not to make the gun his normal attack.
Quote:

Healing Factor isn't a bad fit, as he does heal faster than a human would, but it's not a great fit either, as he doesn't really heal during a fight. For a defensive power, something mechanically similar to Magical Defense, Impenetrable Skin or Undead Resilience would be much more fitting. Hellboy carries a bunch of magical tokens and talismans around in his coat that keep him protected.
Yeah, he does have a lot of defense against magic but I don't think Magical Defense fits him. As far as healing goes though, he has been shot & stabbed & his body always healed not long after. Sure it's not Healing Factor X.

Quote:
EDIT: Also, please tell me we can use a Mike Mignola drawing for the comic card here? I know we try to avoid overly stylized art, but nobody captures HB better than Mignola.
That's a big call. To me, apart from being so stylised & artsy, his pics are a little bland in detail & colour. But hey I don't use the comic cards anyway so find your best pic of his & I will put it in the third post for the others to see.
Old November 26th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

While he can definitely heal, I wouldn't say it's iconic for him. I'd rather dump Healing Factor, increase his Life, and add Lava Resistant (so Liz can blow up near him and not hurt him).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd be cool with that change. Based on A3n's explanations, I hope the other two powers stay (with the wording tweaks I suggested).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 26th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
That's a big call. To me, apart from being so stylised & artsy, his pics are a little bland in detail & colour. But hey I don't use the comic cards anyway so find your best pic of his & I will put it in the third post for the others to see.
I like this one:

http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/wp-cont...fhellboy01.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
While he can definitely heal, I wouldn't say it's iconic for him. I'd rather dump Healing Factor, increase his Life, and add Lava Resistant (so Liz can blow up near him and not hurt him).
I can get behind this.
Old November 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I can get behind this.
works for me.

I'd prefer to keep Good Samaritan, especially if it's just a generic gun in the comics.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library