Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Typhoid Mary - VOTE for Playtesting

Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 29th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This passes to Playtesting!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 1st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Typhoid Mary - Playtesting

Thanks for getting this started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Typhoid Mary)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass.
----------------------------------------------

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 135-140.
- Give a brief overview. Recruited by Magneto, Typhoid Mary joins Blob and Destiny for an epic battle against the forces of Doom and his new lackey Chronos.
Map: Road Rampage.
Units: Typhoid Mary, Magneto II, Blob, and Destiny (725) vs Dr. Doom C3G, 3x Doombot, Chronos (725).
Glyphs: Glyph of Lazarus Pit. Glyph of Probability Manipulator.
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 125.
- Give a brief overview. Ra's al Ghul got some lucky Demon Head uses scarificing Hand Ninja's for powerfull auto-wounds on Captain Mar'Vell. Typhoid Mary was decimated by greater range as well as reduced d20 rolls vs Mar'Vell. The Hand ninjas pretty much killed themselves on Mar'Vell; only getting wounds when creative like attacking trees to wound him. A very lucky d20 roll at the end following a very lucky defense roll was all that secured victory for Typhoid Mary.
Map: Road Rampage.
Units: Typhoid Mary, Hand Ninja x 12, Ra's al Ghul (670) vs Captain Mar'Vell, Yellowjacket, Blink (670).
Glyphs: Glyph of Boom Tube. Glyph of Smilex.
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by SirGalahad; December 2nd, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Appreciate the analysis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Typhoid Mary

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass, I truly do like the character and the powers listed on the card.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass, there are lots, but I think they all work well.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

Pass, sort of. I liked the concept, but I could not get her powers to work.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass. Although she did little and dies easy

Fail. I would never draft her with these powers at this cost

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass. The powers were used extensively, but never really worked.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass.

I would recommend that the roll for Pyrokinesis be reduced. For some math thoughts: First I roll Identity Disorder and have a 15% chance of not only not attacking, but also not using Pyrokinesis. Then if I do pass this I have a 65% chance of still doing no damage at all. I understand that you would not want the continuing damage to be too easy but the way it is I used this power 9 times and only 3 times did 1 point of damage. The rolls were not extreme or unlucky, it just was too hard to make it work.

One-on-One Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 120-140
- Give a brief overview. Echo may not have been the best choice as her Mimic power could not be used as the stats of the two characters were virtually identical.
Map: Rocket Launching Platform
Units: Typhoid Mary (130) (130) VS. Echo (130) (130)
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

One-on-Squad Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 100-120
- Give a brief overview. She just can’t handle group battles on her own.
Units: Typhoid Mary (130) (130) VS. Hired Guns (130) (130)
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test (Theme)
- What should be the unit's point value? 70-100
- Give a brief overview. I really thought that with the synergies and range from the Assassins they would fare better. They were slaughtered by the Heroes. The heroes had little synergy (only Luke Cage and Spider-Man) and I choose characters to counter both Spider-Man and Daredevil (Mary & Bullseye) with synergy from Kingpin. Mary was activated multiple times, but proved to be nearly useless. In fact, she only inflicted 1 wound the entire game. The heroes even left her for last because they saw her as such a non-threat.
Units: KINGPIN’S ASSASSINS (905) Kingpin (220), Typhoid Mary (130), Rhino (220), Bullseye (175), Boomerang (130), Bodyguard x2 (30) VS. STREET HEROES (905) Daredevil (180), Spider-Man (250), Luke Cage (190), Deadpool (285)
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test(Mary to the Max)
- What should be the unit's point value? 70-90
- Give a brief overview. I really thought that using Professor X to give her free actions and having Magneto change Typhoid Mary to an outcast which allows Destiny to add 3 to her 20 sided die would make Mary unstoppable. But again she was a hindrance to the group. She did no damage and instead died very early. I should have backed the other pyrotechnic as Pyro was burning and destroying Sentinels all over the place.
Units: MUTANTS (1585) Professor X (220), Magneto (375), Wolverine (280), Quicksilver (215), Cyclops (190), Typhoid Mary (Outcast by Magneto) (130), Pyro (120), Destiny (55) VS. SENTINELS (1610) Mastermold (520), Nimrod (450), Sentinel x4 (640)
Spoiler Alert!

Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:50 AM
Business Casual

nm

Last edited by SirGalahad; December 2nd, 2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Well there are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many things going on that are wrong
  • First of all, the link for my initial playtest takes me to Chief's playtest.
  • B) Chief's playtest has a duplicate test showing, 2 army tests 2's.
  • 3) There is no results for game end for army test 2.
  • d) I refuse to read through playtests with light color text.
  • fifthly, she was sent out to be tested at 130 points when it was recommended she go out at 110.
Now regarding Fret Gurglo's first test, while Mary's team had range, the opponent's team had a lot of defense stuff going on. Luke will only take 1 wound at a time usually, Spidey and DD can avoid wounds totally and Deadpool can heal. That, and Spidey, DD and Deadpool have range too. Had the opponent's d20 failed Spidey and DD, Mary's team could have done much better.

For the second test, she has no special defense, defense of 4 and 4 life. Not someone I'd rely on heavily even if her d20 needed was 11 after help from Destiny. Aside from Wolverine, there wasn't much in the damage potential against such hefty opponents.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Business Casual

Hahma, my apologies - I will never try and do this stuff on my phone again.

Let me get to an actual computer later and fix things.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:35 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heh. Sounds good. Might want to PM TB to let him know that you'd love to see his results still, but for additional tests it'd be cool if he could test at 110!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Business Casual

SP updated. PMs out to TB for 110 and ibechief to resend with results and darker colors, extra test deleted, OP link deleted and re-attached--weird that it showed the right post number but went to the wrong post.

Retracting my earlier poll.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:37 AM

Good stuff!

Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:37 AM
Business Casual

Thanks for taking the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Typhoid Mary)

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Army Test 1
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 130
- Give a brief overview. The Androids were a tough test for the Outcasts, even with the Muties winning Initiative in all the early rounds. Thinker kept moving OMs to Jubilee and Destiny. Or OMs off of Destiny to remove her boost. When the Outcasts did get full turns though, they dealt out plenty of damage. Luck was on their side and I don’t think they would win this matchup most of the time, but they pulled it out here. Mary only got 1 turn, but she rolled a 20 and burnt Awesome Android for 2 wounds.

UNIT SUMMARY
Damage: 2 wounds to Awesome Android.
DID:
  • 1-3: 0 times.
  • 4-17: 0 times.
  • 18+: 1 time.

Pyrokinesis:2/3 rolls.

Map: Grundy’s Grave
Units: Army 1: Typhoid Mary (130), Magneto (II), Destiny, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Toad (895 points) VS Army 2: Mad Thinker, Awesome Android, Dragon Man, Human Torch (Jim) (900 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 130+?
- Give a brief overview. The Mutants got the advantage early and took control of the battlefield, while Reed struggled to get the roll that would get the Adventurers out of the hole they were in. Once Spider-Girl moved in, it was pretty much over. May was able to engage both Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman and then –aided by Destiny- managed to hit her Bio-Magnetic Field roll 3 times straight before the Fantastic Five moved their OMs to Johnny. Mary did a lot of damage, and most of it without Destiny’s help, but that was due in large part to the Adventurers being tied up and losing turns. She fits well in X-Men armies, but I don’t think she significantly better than any other of the multiple options.

UNIT SUMMARY
Damage: 3 wounds to Animal Man, 2 to Invisible Woman, 1 wound to Iceman.
DID:
  • 1-3: 1 time.
  • 4-17: 7 times.
  • 18+: 1 times.

Pyrokinesis:3/7 rolls.

Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Army 1: Typhoid Mary (130), Professor X, Angel, Destiny, Spider-Girl, Siryn, Strong Guy (990 points) VS Army 2: Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch (Johnny), Iceman, Animal Man (995 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? ???
- Give a brief overview. This was a bloodbath of a battle, with both sides hitting hard and it was over in a hurry. I’m really not sure how to gauge Mary’s worth in this one. She rolled really terribly early on and put her team in a hole. On the other hand, she did deal a couple wounds to Red Ghost and her defense held up well, tying Ghostie up for a couple rounds.

UNIT SUMMARY
Damage:2 wounds to Red Ghost.
DID:
  • 1-3: 3 times.
  • 4-17: 7 times.
  • 18+: 0 times.

Pyrokinesis:0/3 rolls.

Map: Custom
Units: Army 1: Typhoid Mary (110), Elektra, Mystique, Hand Ninja x3 (700 points) VS Army 2: Red Ghost & the Super-Apes (700 points)
Spoiler Alert!

On the mechanical side, no issues. Pretty fun unit with a lot of swinginess. She can be a little aggravating when her D20 rolls are bad, but then, what luck-dependent unit isn't? She should make a nice filler for Mutant or Assassin armies.

On the costing side, I'm really not sure I'd put her. After the first two games, I was going to suggest a possible 10 point bump, and I wouldn't even say she was exceptionally lucky in those games. She had some pretty terrible luck in the third game though, and 110 felt right for that one. Her best armies are going to be Outcast and Xavier armies with Destiny. With her D20 boosted, she's much less of a risk and she's looking at a 50% or better shot at an auto-wound, which can be really nice against tough to wound figures. I think she'll have her share of bad games, but she'll have plenty of good ones too. I'd say 130 is closer to her true cost than 110.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library