Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 8th, 2009, 12:10 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
The Rap vs. Techno Debate

One thing I have never understood about music is the entire rap genre. And most people that like rap are really into it and don't listen to anything else

But what most "Rappers" hate most is Techno

I cannot comprehend this thinking. When you strip all the lyrics from any rap song it instantly becomes their most hated thing in the world Techno

As some one who digs anything over 120bpm with a moving line (check out below).

Who agrees, disagrees, or just plain has another opinion?

Quote:

Sample of my playlist (116 songs) of pretty much all I listen too

Amerika- Rammstein
Baba O'Riley - The Who
Celebration - Cool and the Gang
Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Green Onions - Brooker T and the MGs
Hot N Cold - Katie Perry
I Can't Turn You Loose - The Blues Brothers Theme
The Imperial March
More Than a Feeling - Boston
Right Round - Flo Ritta
Roundabout - Yes
Yackety Sax - Boots Randolph
Yeah - Usher

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Rap vs. Techno Debate

Because the music is the least important thing in rap. The heart and soul of rap is the spoken word. Stripping that away is like ripping the essence of the song away.

Rap is not about the "music" much (except for holding a good beat). Much like country music, the heart is in the story and feelings from the words and not the music.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:28 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

If the story and feelings from the words is "Move b*tch, get out the way, get out the way b*tch", then I don't want any part of it.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:38 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
If the story and feelings from the words is "Move b*tch, get out the way, get out the way b*tch", then I don't want any part of it.
Seriously, One cannot spell Crap without rap. Nigga, Nigga, b*tch, motha F-a, ho, for shizzle. Oh yeah, ... and a wickity, wickity, scratch!
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94920 View Post
Sample of my playlist (116 songs) of pretty much all I listen too

Celebration - Kool and the Gang
Right Round - Flo Rida
Couple of corrections. You don't want Flo or Kool getting ticked off if they happen to be scoping out the scape site and see their names misspelled.

Old July 8th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, I forgot every bit of rap was of that low quality.

It cannot compare to quality like "I wanna hold your hand" of course :P

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 8th, 2009, 01:18 PM

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Oh, I forgot every bit of rap was of that low quality.

It cannot compare to quality like "I wanna hold your hand" of course :P
Old July 8th, 2009, 01:22 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I think that Rap is more of a thing that people listen to because they think it is cool, not because they like it. Don't get mad at me, I'm saying some people, not all. If The Killers are considered Techno, then I love Techno. But I think Techno is not considered cool like Rap is. This is from school age experience.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old July 8th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Dr Feelgood

Lol.....

I guess that was the only reason people listened to rock 'n roll.
I guess that was the only reason people listened to country.

People listen to rap because they like it. There are posers of course, there always are. But just like all the people seeing and paying to see Transformers 2, people listen to rap. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Listen to what you want.

Old July 8th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Lol.....

I guess that was the only reason people listened to rock 'n roll.
I guess that was the only reason people listened to country.

People listen to rap because they like it. There are posers of course, there always are. But just like all the people seeing and paying to see Transformers 2, people listen to rap. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Listen to what you want.
True 'nuff though please tell me you are not this guy!

Old July 8th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Dr Feelgood

Lol, no. I don't like Rap personally, though I understand it's cultural appeal. Same with country music.

Not liking a style of music does not equal it being bad nor does it mean you don't "get" it.

I don't care for the Beatles much either, but I "get" them.

Old July 8th, 2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Lol, no. I don't like Rap personally, though I understand it's cultural appeal. Same with country music.

Not liking a style of music does not equal it being bad nor does it mean you don't "get" it.

I don't care for the Beatles much either, but I "get" them.
I definately understand it's culrural appeal though if it's not "your culture" then ya start to loose me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music