Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old September 8th, 2019, 01:59 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
On to Editing!

Playtesting may show us we need to tweek Neural Enhancement a little, but we'll find out when we get there.
It’s probably worth tagging @Scytale if you haven’t PM’d him already.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 8th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
On to Editing!

Playtesting may show us we need to tweek Neural Enhancement a little, but we'll find out when we get there.
It’s probably worth tagging @Scytale if you haven’t PM’d him already.
Yeah, I'm behind in my C3V, SoV, and Codex duties... I'll get to the stuff here after I do some catching up.
Old September 10th, 2019, 06:37 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Editing

If needed, I'm sure someone can run through the list for you.
Old September 10th, 2019, 06:52 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
If needed, I'm sure someone can run through the list for you.
It's best if I do it. Just going through the process forces me to carefully think through each question with my Editor hat on.
Old September 10th, 2019, 06:53 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Understood
Old September 18th, 2019, 04:36 PM

First, you do know that Neural Enhancement can kill Tetsuo before he gets to make his attack, yes? He will die without making an attack.

I made some wording changes.

Quote:
NEURAL ENHANCEMENT
Before attacking with Tetsuo Tyrell, you may place a wound marker on this Army Card to add 2 to his Attack value.

MIND JACK 13
When revealing an Order Marker on Tetsuo Tyrell, after taking Tetsuo Tyrell's turn, if he inflicted one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with his normal attack this turn but did not destroy it, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, take temporary control of the Hero he attacked and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All Order Markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.
General Checklist:

1. Are we recycling a unit name? No

2. Are we recycling a power name? No

3. If we are reusing an existing power, is the wording exactly the same? N/A

4. What happens when the powers are negated (Rod of Negation, Exploit Weakness)? If affected by Rod of Negation, Tyrell could not use either Neural Enhancement or Mind Jack. Do any powers continue to have effects after being negated? No Is this clear from the wording?

5. Should the powers affect destructible objects? Tyrell could use Neural Enhancement when attacking a DO. Mind Jack cannot work on DOs because they are not Unique Heroes.

6. Do any of the powers unintentionally synergize with other players' units? No

7. Do the powers allow turn stacking? No, the Mind Jack turn takes place after Tyrell's turn.

8. Are any of the powers conditional on a future event? No Is that future event inevitable or avoidable?

9. Does it have a d20 power? Yes If is a small, medium, or large Hero, how does it interact with Mystic Sacrifice? Mystic Sacrifice could be used to increase the Mind Jack roll. If it is Tricky, how does it interact with Queen of Thieves? Queen of Thieves could be used to increase the Mind Jack roll. If it is Undead, how does it interact with Curse of the Mummy?

10. Do the powers create out-of-turn attacks? No

11. Are any powers conditional on the source of damage? Yes, but Mind Jack is safely limited to wounds inflicted by Tyrell's normal attack.

12. Are any powers expected to work after all figures have been destroyed? Yes, even if Tyrell is killed during a Mind Jack turn, control would still return to the previous owner. If so, is that clearly worded? No, but it's existing wording used on Enslave, so any rulings that affect that would affect this power as well.

13. Do any powers that decrease attack or defense dice introduce a new minimum value (other than zero)? N/A

14. Do any powers change a Range value from 3 or less to 4 or greater or vice versa? No

15. Do any powers act unexpectedly in multiplayer games? No

16. Do any powers place other figures on this card? No If so, how does it interact with other place-on-card powers (Animated Materiel, Cling, Dwarven Gunners, Warriors Armor Spirit, Warriors Attack Spirit, Warrior's Swiftness Spirit, Necromancy)?

17. Does a power trigger off of an Order Marker being revealed on another Army Card? No If so, is the power expected to trigger if all figures associated with that Army Card have been destroyed?

18. Is it clear which powers are mandatory and which are optional? Both powers are clearly optional.

19. How do the powers interact with the Marro Hive? Nothing special.

20. If the unit is a Soulborg squad who follows Jandar, how do the powers interact with Directed Fire? N/A

21. Does any power's name or wording unintentionally prohibit the power's reusability? Neural Enhancement is a specific name for a reusable power. Could a more generic name be considered?

22. Does the text fit reasonably well on a card? Yes Use this tool to check: https://www.heroscapers.com/xorlof/x2cc.

Capitalization Checklist:

Order Marker
normal attack
Army Card
wound
wound marker
Unique
Hero
Attack value

Style Checklist:

1. Species is always singular for Heroes and plural for Squads, except Human and Soulborg are always singular. Human is singular.

2. Class is always singular for Heroes and plural for Squads. Neuromancer is singular.

3. For Heroes with a name like {name} the {optional adjective} {noun}, use the full name for the first instance in each power description, and only the first {name} thereafter. N/A

4. Single-space, not single-spaced; double-space, not double-spaced. N/A

5. Always add 's' after an apostrophe for a singular possessive, even if the possessor ends in 's' or 'z'. "Tyrell's" is correct.

6. Special attacks should have a newline between the Range/Attack line and the description. N/A

Unique Card Checklist:

1. How does it interact with Enslave/Moon Frenzy? The order marker language on Mind Jack prevents turn-taking loops with Mind Jack. When Enslaved/Moon Frenzied, the temporary owner could kill Tyrell using Neural Enhancement.

2. How does it interact with Mind Shackle/Soul Devour? Nothing special.

Normal Attack Power Checklist:

1. Is it dependent on the type of space the target(s) is on? No If so, does it work clearly with double-spaced figures and destructible objects?

2. Does it affect targeting? No If so, how does it interact with Smoke Powder, Tribal Protection, Combat Challenge, Opportunity Strike, Quick Draw, and Façade?

3. How does it interact with Hard Targets? Nothing special.

4. How does it interact with Aura of Despair? Nothing special.

5. How does it interact with Marked for Destruction? N/A

6. How does it interact with Vanish/Spider-Sense X/Spidey-Sense X/Disappearing Ninja/Hide in Darkness/Fleet Footed/Flutter? Nothing special.

7. How does it interact with Mask of Terror? Nothing special.

8. How does it interact with Ring of Protection? Nothing special.

9. How does it interact with One Shield Defense? Nothing special.

10. How does it interact with Tough/Iron Resolve/Iron Tough/Warforged Resolve/Aegis of the Crimson Sigil? Nothing special.

11. How does it interact with Shield(s) of Valor? Nothing special.

12. How does it interact with Defensive Agility/Stealth Dodge/Nature's Protection/Acrobatic? Nothing special.

13. How does it interact with Gift of the Empress Aura? Nothing special.

14. How does it interact with Counter Strike/Evil Eye Defense/Evil Eye Protection? Nothing special.

15. How does it interact with Evil Eye Glare? Nothing special.

16. How does it interact with EMP Response? N/A

17. How does it interact with Upgrade? Nothing special.

18. How does it interact with Stealth Armor/Sacred Band Defy Death/etc? Nothing special.

19. How does it interact with Temporal Jump? Nothing special.

20. How does it interact with Cell Divide? Nothing special.

21. How does it interact with Exoskeleton/Redundant Systems? Nothing special.

22. How does it interact with Expendable Rabble? Nothing special.

23. How does it interact with Purple Heart? If Varan uses Purple Heart to absorb wounds from Tyrell attacking another figure, Tyrell could not use Mind Jack to take control of Varan because the wounds were not inflicted by the attack.

24. How does it interact with Dying Swipe/Rupture? Nothing special.

25. How does it interact with Teleport Reinforcements? Nothing special.

26. How does it interact with Eternal War? Nothing special.

27. How does it interact with Scatter and Scurry? Nothing special.

28. How does it interact with Defensive Vault? Nothing special.

Bonus/Replacement Turn Power (e.g. Bonding) Checklist:

1. Does it create bonding chains/loops? No, the order marker language on Mind Jack prevents any such loops. At least it doesn't introduce any more than Enslave.

2. Should it have "after revealing an Order Marker" language? It does.

3. Does the power inadvertently allow the same unit to take multiple turns? No, Mind Jack must be used on another figure.

4. Does it allow squad figures to take a turn? No If so, does it divide up a squad so that only some members of the squad can activate?

End of Turn Power Checklist:

1. How does it interact with Cold Healing/Cold Regenerate/Regenerate? I think these powers could be used after a Mind Jack turn, but I'm not sure by who. That would be covered by any Enslave Ruling.

2. How does it interact with Frenzy? I think Frenzy could still be used after a Mind Jack turn, but I'm not sure by who. That would be covered by any Enslave Ruling.

3. How does it interact with Hyper Speed? I think Hyper Speed could be used after a Mind Jack turn, but I'm not sure by who. That would be covered by any Enslave Ruling.

4. How does it interact with Jandar's Dispatch? I think Jandar's Dispatch could be used after a Mind Jack turn, but I'm not sure by who. That would be covered by any Enslave Ruling.

5. How does it interact with Overextend Attack? I think Overextend Attack could be used after a Mind Jack turn, but I'm not sure by who. That would be covered by any Enslave Ruling.

6. How does it interact with Stab in the Back? I think Stab in the Back would happen after a Mind Jack turn, but I'm not entirely sure. That would be covered by any Enslave Ruling.

7. How does it interact with Summon the Rechets of Bogdan? I think Summon the Rechets of Bodgan could be used after a Mind Jack turn, but I'm not sure by who. That would be covered by any Enslave Ruling.

8. How does it interact with War Cry/Guerrilla Tactics? I think these powers could be used after a Mind Jack turn, but I'm not sure by who. That would be covered by any Enslave Ruling.

9. How does it interact with Divine Mission/Labors? I think there powers could be used after a Mind Jack turn, but I'm not sure by who. That would be covered by any Enslave Ruling.

10. How does it interact with Undead Legion/Flocking? N/A

11. How does it interact with Enslave/Command Dispatch/Heavy Support Command Beacon? These powers could not be used during a Mind Jack turn, nor vice versa.

12. How does it interact with EMP Response? N/A

13. How does it interact with Growing Heat? I think Growing Heat could be used after a Mind Jack turn, but I'm not sure by who. That would be covered by any Enslave Ruling.

14. How does it interact with Furious Wrath? The would from Furious Wrath would still occur at the end of a Mind Jack turn.

15. How does it interact with Marching Orders? N/A

16. How does it interact with Enraged? N/A

17. How does it interact with Hunting Party? I think Hunting Party could be used after a Mind Jack turn. That would be covered by any Enslave Ruling.

19. How does it interact with Piercing Scream? N/A
Old September 18th, 2019, 04:56 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m under the impression that Neural Enhancement killing him pre-attack is intentional. I envision it as him using his life force to fuel a more powerful spell, but he accidentally dies before lobbing a cyberfireball of doom™️.

As far as the name of Neural Emhancement goes, I think it’s better off sounding thematic (and future power names simply going a thematic route) than something generic like Blood Attack... which may not be as thematic.

But, I may be alone in the “Theme > Ease of Use” department.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 18th, 2019, 06:26 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I've always thought that Neural Enhancement not really being useable on his last life is intentional. It essentially started out as a steroid/futuristic drug reference, so I think that it's logical to apply the damage first to get the boost.

Like flameslayer, I'm fine with the name Neural Enhancement. I could settle for a more generic name, but I think that we'd probably lose out on some of the theme if we go any more general than "Neural Enhancement." I'm sure that if future units find a need to use a similar mechanic, they'll have a different context and potential theme for the power.
Old September 18th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is by far my favorite custom of this pod. Can't wait to try it out!
Old September 18th, 2019, 10:27 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
This is by far my favorite custom of this pod. Can't wait to try it out!
Thanks for the kind words! I'm pretty excited about Tetsuo myself.

We'll hopefully have him ready for testing soon, if you ever want to help us out while trying him in some games!
Old September 19th, 2019, 09:47 AM

I don't really think "Neural Enhancement" is all that thematic myself, not for what the power does. The idea of a neural enhancement that allows him to attack better is all well and good, but why is it something he activates, and why does it hurt him to do it? Not very good tech, if you ask me. Something like "Neural Stimulator" would fit better, I'd think, and be at least somewhat more reusable.
Old September 19th, 2019, 04:17 PM

We originally were considering Neural Stimulant, but were hesitant because the name evokes drug imagery more than what Hasbro might've released. "Stimulator" sounds a little better to me personally, but not enough for me to really like it. That said, I think that I was the main one who wasn't comfortable with Neural Stimulant in the first place, so if I'm alone then I can certainly be outvoted.

I do think that the name is vague enough to encompass many technological justifications for the boost, although this is probably part of where the issue is coming from. In trying to avoid an explicit drug reference, we're essentially letting the reader justify the reason in their mind, which won't always come across. As Scytale said, just "Enhancement" on its own doesn't really explain why he has to take damage to use the power, for instance.

Here are some of the other ideas that we had thrown around before settling on Neural Enhancement, if we want to go with a new name altogether:
Neural Hack
Reprogram
Overload
Overclock Implants

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs