Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
R.I.P. Syd Barrett

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060711/...u/obit_barrett

*sigh* I'm so depressed.

www.sydcomebak.com
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
A sad day indeed...................

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I Wish You Were Here is playing on my PC right now.

Old July 11th, 2006, 12:35 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Shine on, you crazy Diamond.
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:37 PM

geddy lifeson has disabled reputation
I was surprised to see this. It is sad that his life took the turn it did. Not too long ago I was wondering what happened to Syd. RIP
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:38 PM
ultradoug

Rember, the legacy of the person will last. I was sad when I found out Weird Al's parents passed, its odd to have such a connection to someone that you dont really know, but we view such people as our heros and when someone they are realted to passes or they do, we are upset, but rember, that heros never really die, there works surpas them.
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradoug
.........Weird Al........
Why am I not suprised that UD's INSANITY is fuled by Wierd Al? :P

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Sad thing is I bet 1/2 the people here have no idea who we are talking about or what the big deal is.

I bet a lot of Floyd fans don't even realize that album was written by the band for their friend.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:47 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama
Sad thing is I bet 1/2 the people here have no idea who we are talking about or what the big deal is.
Well, Some people are too young, or are into their rap or hipin' hoppin' muzak.

Everyone needs to retrace the steps that music took to get to this point. Find those that did the majority of the innovation, and worship them.
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydcomebak
Quote:

Everyone needs to retrace the steps that music took to get to this point. Find those that did the majority of the innovation, and worship them.
I agree and I try to find the greatest hits albums of older groups to "catch up" on what has gone before. Some people mock the greatest hits albums but it lets those of us who are interested in finding out about a group hear some of the more influential songs they produced. Sometimes I'll go buy the album a song comes from to hear more of the songs from that era. It's fun learning about groups and I've really found some great songs doing this. I like almost all types of music (except Rap....early Rap was cool...RunDMC and the like but a lot of it from today doesn't appeal to me at all.) I've been meaning to brush up on some early Pink Floyd and looks like a good time to do it. Thanks for posting the news link...

Newb.
Old July 11th, 2006, 02:31 PM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydcomebak
Quote:

yea im only 15 so i dont kno who yall are talking about ,but i dont like that rap crap( cant spell crap without rap) im into rock

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old July 11th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
For those unfamiliar with Barrett I think the greatest intro you could have would be to get the album "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn". It's some of his most innovative stuff and really captures not just Barrett, but Pink Floyd in general. What that guy could do with a Zippo on a fret board played back through and echo machine was otherworldly.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General