Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 5th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Let's just legalize gay prostitution and call it even?
See, now you're making sense.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:44 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000 View Post
So should there be NO definition of marriage at all?
  • Because simply by having a definition of marriage, you are by default excluding someone or something... which nowadays could, and probably would be, construed as discriminatory.
  • But if there is no definition of marriage, then marriage, by default, loses all meaning...
SW8K....
The definition of marriage should be altered to include those previously excluded as long as it is between two consenting adults. It should not be based on race, sex, or religion.

DWARVES!
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
The State gets nothing from recognizing marriage.
Then why does it? May I suggest a few things the State might see as benefits to recognizing marriage?

1) It has the potential to produce more taxpayers.
2) It provides a method for training future taxpayers.
3) It tends to provide social stability.

~Aldin, curious as to whether you agree with this

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:48 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Then why does it? May I suggest a few things the State might see as benefits to recognizing marriage?

I personally could not think of a reason, but given the above 3 what do any have to do with being a heterosexual?

~ Roland, agreeing with your reasons.

DWARVES!
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
  • Because simply by having a definition of marriage, you are by default excluding someone or something... which nowadays could, and probably would be, construed as discriminatory.
  • But if there is no definition of marriage, then marriage, by default, loses all meaning...
SW8K....
The definition of marriage should be altered to include those previously excluded as long as it is between two consenting adults. It should not be based on race, sex, or religion.

Who defined marriage? The church. If you want separation of church and state, then let the state stay out of it. If the church wants to marry gays (some will) then let them. If they don't want to, then don't make them. If the state wants to recognize unions for tax purposes, let them do that, but don't call it marriage. Marriage in its essence is a religious act.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
Quote:
Quote:
@ Aldin,

Ahh, my bad.

Quote:
Quote:
Being gay is just as sinful as murder which is just as sinful as lying.

Then you are a bigot.

Bannister
Saying that a gay man is just as bad as a murderer? That's enough for me.

Bannister
It's cool. Just choose to ignore the last clause of that sentence like ignorant people do. All sin is the same. I'm just as bad as Charles Manson, who's just as bad as Harvey Milk, who's just as bad as little 4 year old Suzie down the street. If I roll around in dog poop, am I any better than a man who rolls around in Elephant poop? Poop is poop. Sin is sin. I am no better or worse than anyone in the world and THAT is what I was getting at. Thanks for your pathetic attempt to take me out of context.
Now, your just being a mean bigot.

Bannister
That's what happens when you take people out of context just to try and make someone think you're right. You stick with what you know about homosexuals, I'll stick with what I know about homophones.
Is that what gay people use to call each other with???

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SW8K....

Who defined marriage? The church. If you want separation of church and state, then let the state stay out of it. If the church wants to marry gays (some will) then let them. If they don't want to, then don't make them. If the state wants to recognize unions for tax purposes, let them do that, but don't call it marriage. Marriage in its essence is a religious act.
Then the state should not recognize it period using your argument.

DWARVES!
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:54 PM

Hey! I found one!!

Bannister

Old November 5th, 2008, 05:54 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

You guys, this is crazy!

Seriously, we can not condone telling people what they can and can't do. It is not what this country is based on. It is not really the path that has been followed, but we can only make the same mistakes so many times, right?

Gay people are people, who are BORN gay. If you say it is a choice, that means that you've CHOSEN to be straight, leading me to believe there were options open at some point.

Passive objection to gay marriage is the same as the US allowing hitler to capture and kill Jews, before getting involved because we were bombed.

I personally think organized religion is an awful tool used to look down on others, and should be undone altogether. I am allowed that opinon. But, I am not on the street corner throwing it at the world, because I know it is not the way to treat people for believeing in the things they believe in.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
SW8K....
So could a brother legally marry his sister? Or mother marry her son?

SW8K

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old November 5th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:

I personally could not think of a reason, but given the above 3 what do any have to do with being a heterosexual?

~ Roland, agreeing with your reasons.
I think I need to first mention that pure theory is pretty irrelevant in this case simply because there is such a strong desire to treat people fairly and to see others become both happy and satisfied in their lives. In other words, I don't think a rational, factual discussion really touches on the genuine issues of gay marriage. I also note that the State's current method of supporting marriage and allowing for divorce has already moved away from the strictly pragmatic and to a stance which attempts to allow more emotional sway than is strictly beneficial to the State.

Having said that, the answer is that while you could certainly argue that married homosexuals provide for #s 2 & 3 (you could also argue against it, but that's a wholly seperate discussion), they are incapable of providing #1 - new taxpayers, aka babies. Thus, there is a genuine incentive for the State to recognize heterosexual marriages and not recognize homosexual ones.

~Aldin, wondering if the State part should be pragmatic while everyone yells at eachother over the religious aspects

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
So could a brother legally marry his sister? Or mother marry her son?

SW8K
You mean they can't legally marry each other???

Bannister, while playing his banjo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General