Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Imax, there is a victim in gay marriage provided they have children. My best friend was married to a woman whose 2 best friends are lesbians. They have a daughter and she is a MESS because of all of the ridicule she's had to endure.

There is indeed bigotry in the world, not just the US, and the one thing that a majority of people can agree on being bigoted about is this: They all don't like homosexuality, en masse.
OK, and if there are no kids?

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

@ Aldin,

Ahh, my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Being gay is just as sinful as murder which is just as sinful as lying.

Then you are a bigot.

Bannister
Saying that a gay man is just as bad as a murderer? That's enough for me.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Imax, there is a victim in gay marriage provided they have children. My best friend was married to a woman whose 2 best friends are lesbians. They have a daughter and she is a MESS because of all of the ridicule she's had to endure.

There is indeed bigotry in the world, not just the US, and the one thing that a majority of people can agree on being bigoted about is this: They all don't like homosexuality, en masse.
OK, and if there are no kids?
Also, they aren't a mess because of having lesbian parents, but because of the children making fun of them for it. I have two 'uncles' who have raised a kid, and he is smart, successful, heterosexual, and on his way to making his own family.

DWARVES!
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Quote:
Quote:
The basic laws are based off the Ten Commandments sure, but in the crimes you list their is a victim, who is the victim of homosexual marriage? You? Me?

There isn't one.
Who is the victim in lust? Who is the victim in envy (as long as it doesn't end in robbing or murder)? There are several sins in which there is no victim outside of yourself.
Did I ever say lust and envy were illegal? No they are not, because they are victimless. If you see them as being such, more power to you, but keep your religion out of my government, and I will keep my government out of your religion.
I found a better one for you... Who is the victim in prostitution?
No one! Which is why it is legal in Nevada, and should be in all states.

DWARVES!
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
@ Aldin,

Ahh, my bad.

Quote:
Quote:

Then you are a bigot.

Bannister

Bannister
It's cool. Just choose to ignore the last clause of that sentence like ignorant people do. All sin is the same. I'm just as bad as Charles Manson, who's just as bad as Harvey Milk, who's just as bad as little 4 year old Suzie down the street. If I roll around in dog poop, am I any better than a man who rolls around in Elephant poop? Poop is poop. Sin is sin. I am no better or worse than anyone in the world and THAT is what I was getting at. Thanks for your pathetic attempt to take me out of context.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
The state gets the knowledge that it is treating all peoples equally, no matter race, religion, or sexual preference.

I say between two people because the state sees a marriage as between two persons, not two or more, if a time comes about, or hypothetically if laws were in place defining marriages between more than two people, along with the benefits gained from such a union, then I would support it as well.
Sounds like we more or less agree on the idea that churches should be able to put more restrictions on who it marries than whatever the requirements of government may be - so I'm going to let that part of the discussion fall by the wayside.

May I ask what benefit there is to the State in treating all people equally? Would that include minors? Felons? The mentally incompetant? (Please note that I am not making any equivalence between any of these groups and those who practise homosexuality - I am merely demonstrating that there are groups within the population that the State does not treat equally). And if the only benefit of the State recognizing marriage is to promote equality then why wouldn't the State support marriage between more than two people? Is there perhaps another benefit to the State of recognizing marriage?

~Aldin, at length

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The basic laws are based off the Ten Commandments sure, but in the crimes you list their is a victim, who is the victim of homosexual marriage? You? Me?

There isn't one.
Who is the victim in lust? Who is the victim in envy (as long as it doesn't end in robbing or murder)? There are several sins in which there is no victim outside of yourself.
Did I ever say lust and envy were illegal? No they are not, because they are victimless. If you see them as being such, more power to you, but keep your religion out of my government, and I will keep my government out of your religion.
I found a better one for you... Who is the victim in prostitution?
No one! Which is why it is legal in Nevada, and should be in all states.

Let's just legalize gay prostitution and call it even?

Old November 5th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
@ Aldin,

Ahh, my bad.

Quote:
Quote:

Then you are a bigot.

Bannister

Bannister
Gotcha. I was interpreting that through the concept that everyone sins and thus all would fall under that same moniker - in other words the 'lying' part of it caused it to be universal enough to fall out of bigotry.

~Aldin, still trying to catch up in between posts

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
@ Aldin,

Ahh, my bad.

Quote:
Quote:

Then you are a bigot.

Bannister

Bannister
It's cool. Just choose to ignore the last clause of that sentence like ignorant people do. All sin is the same. I'm just as bad as Charles Manson, who's just as bad as Harvey Milk, who's just as bad as little 4 year old Suzie down the street. If I roll around in dog poop, am I any better than a man who rolls around in Elephant poop? Poop is poop. Sin is sin. I am no better or worse than anyone in the world and THAT is what I was getting at. Thanks for your pathetic attempt to take me out of context.
Now, your just being a mean bigot.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So should there be NO definition of marriage at all?
  • Because simply by having a definition of marriage, you are by default excluding someone or something... which nowadays could, and probably would be, construed as discriminatory.
  • But if there is no definition of marriage, then marriage, by default, loses all meaning...
SW8K....

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old November 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@ Aldin,

Ahh, my bad.

Quote:
Quote:

Then you are a bigot.

Bannister

Bannister
Now, your just being a mean bigot.

Bannister
That's what happens when you take people out of context just to try and make someone think you're right. You stick with what you know about homosexuals, I'll stick with what I know about homophones.

Old November 5th, 2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
The state gets the knowledge that it is treating all peoples equally, no matter race, religion, or sexual preference.

I say between two people because the state sees a marriage as between two persons, not two or more, if a time comes about, or hypothetically if laws were in place defining marriages between more than two people, along with the benefits gained from such a union, then I would support it as well.
Sounds like we more or less agree on the idea that churches should be able to put more restrictions on who it marries than whatever the requirements of government may be - so I'm going to let that part of the discussion fall by the wayside.

May I ask what benefit there is to the State in treating all people equally? Would that include minors? Felons? The mentally incompetant? (Please note that I am not making any equivalence between any of these groups and those who practise homosexuality - I am merely demonstrating that there are groups within the population that the State does not treat equally). And if the only benefit of the State recognizing marriage is to promote equality then why wouldn't the State support marriage between more than two people? Is there perhaps another benefit to the State of recognizing marriage?

~Aldin, at length
The State gets nothing from recognizing marriage. It does recognize age in minors in that many younger persons do not have the education, or wisdom in order to make many important decisions for themselves, nor can they support themselves. Also, the decision to treat minors and such was a decision made by the government, and has changed throughout the years, and has no religious basis. Whereas the only argument against gay marriage are religious in nature.

DWARVES!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General